PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning is more skilled than Brady? Please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other team in the history of the game would have kicked the field-goal.

For whatever reason, you refuse to seriously consider that kicking a field goal is running up the score. I haven't a clue why since adding meaningless points to a game is, by your definition, running up the score and that is exactly what a field goal (from close range) does.

So which is running up the score? Scoring the 3 points (95% probability) or scoring 6 points (on 4th down and 10, call it a generous 30% chance)?

You claim that the only one that runs up the score is the option that, on average, scores *less* points and potentially takes more time off the clock (since often times you can continue a drive without scoring a TD while in field goal range.) Hmmm...

Oh, I see. Belichick was just being a nice guy and trying to help the team he just pummeled. MMM-Kayyy. That's pushing the point a little too far.

No, that is the point. Can't you see? I guess not...

It's really not about being a homer. It's about understanding what running up the score is really all about...

that's against the rules. The Rules are as follows...

1) The Patriots are the best at everything they do and are perfect in every way.
2) Anybody who starts for the Patriots is the best at their respective position.
3) If a poster offers an opinion they must have "facts"* to support their argument....I mean opinion.
4) If perfect grammar is not used than the posters argument...I mean opinion are invalid and will be dismissed.
5) If a Pro-Patriots poster offers an opinion,that opinion shall be rehashed until new "facts" are invented...I mean presented
6) The last poster standing until thread is closed wins...unless that poster is not a Patriots homer...I mean fan.
*= facts can be changed from original only if it benefits a Pro-Patriots argument...I mean opinion

Tom Brady is better than peyton manning.

feld(spa)r, you have been beaten to death here and you have lost, just forget about it and gtfo troll.

To all the regular Pats fans, why not just put him on ignore and then continue on. He is not worth your replies and we could actually discuss what the thread is about instead of this muck. I haven't even began to discuss skillsets yet.

Wow. Brady's great but you're being ridiculous here.

Naw, He is right, I'd bet that every coach in the nfl would take Brady over anyone other qb, including manning.

People have a problem with your attitude

LOL, half you people can seriously just kiss my ass and call it a day. Yeah, there I go ahead with my "attitude" again, right? I give my honest opinion, and then a multitude of people completely attack me on a personal level. Then somebody else has a problem with my attitude for defending myself? I might add that I've defended myself on a totally toned-down degree. I let things slide that were WAY worse than anything I've said, and I'm certainly not the person that has made this debate personal.

Try keeping it in perspective, huh? This isn't life or death, and it certainly isn't MY life. We are talking about a game, here. Anybody that is so pathetic as to take this sport THAT seriously needs to get a life.

feld(spa)r, you have been beaten to death here and you have lost, just forget about it and gtfo troll.

To all the regular Pats fans, why not just put him on ignore and then continue on. He is not worth your replies and we could actually discuss what the thread is about instead of this muck. I haven't even began to discuss skillsets yet.

Plug your ears and live in never-never Patriot-land then.

There is a reason why Patriots fans have a terrible reputation, as I'm finding out first hand.

Yeah, I know, everyone else is just jealous. Also, I'm the friggin' Pope.

There is a reason why Patriots fans have a terrible reputation, as I'm finding out first hand.

Look here is a list.

1. You cannot deny the stats that were put in front of you on this thead. So you just bull**** your way along. End Result: Nobody respects you.

2. You brought stuff into the thead which was not supposed to be part of the thread. End Result: You got people off topic(including me). You are a troll. You did not read the op's post or you just don't really care as there was already a Brady/Manning thread where you were posting but you left it to come into this one.

To summarise a bit, you have lost the respect of everybody, you have taken the thread off topic, you are considered by the majority to be a troll and you do seem of less than average intelligence and you lack respect for others based on the fact the you just ignore any post which contains stats that you don't like.

Look here is a list.

1. You cannot deny the stats that were put in front of you on this thead. So you just bull**** your way along. End Result: Nobody respects you.

2. You brought stuff into the thead which was not supposed to be part of the thread. End Result: You got people off topic(including me). You are a troll. You did not read the op's post or you just don't really care as there was already a Brady/Manning thread where you were posting but you left it to come into this one.

To summarise a bit, you have lost the respect of everybody, you have taken the thread off topic, you are considered by the majority to be a troll and you do seem of less than average intelligence and you lack respect for others based on the fact the you just ignore any post which contains stats that you don't like.

Fck you.....

Not really. I've been to a whole lot of opposing cities, including pittsburgh and san diego, and nobody has a problem with Pats fans that I came across. The reputation that you speak of pretty much comes from the ESPN boards, where most of the Pats 'fans' are bandwagon-hopping 16 year olds. 5 years ago. 10 years ago, those types were Broncos fans, and in another few years they'll probably be Falcons fans or something.

The funny thing is, we have multiple Colts and Steelers fans (you know, real rivals, not fans of teams that the Pats have beaten 11 times in a row) that post regularly on this board without incident and have said the exact opposite about this community. Maybe it's just you...

Regardless, when the only thing that you have to root for is hoping that your team doesn't ditch you for Toronto, I guess you gotta hang your hat on something.

Last edited:
LOL, half you people can seriously just kiss my ass and call it a day.

Proved my point.

Yeah, there I go ahead with my "attitude" again, right?

Yes. Replies like that are what the problem is. People who actually tried to be sensible to you have given up on you because of writing garbage like that.

I give my honest opinion, and then a multitude of people completely attack me on a personal level.

Your "honest opinion" act doesn't hold water. You didn't answer direct question that shot down your claims, people got angry with that- people who were decent to you when they could have just called you a troll and insulted you left and right.

Then somebody else has a problem with my attitude for defending myself?

That wasn't defending yourself, that was being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. You chose to ignore his question and resort to name calling when you could not or would not come up with a reply to answer the question asked.

I might add that I've defended myself on a totally toned-down degree.

Bull plop. That's not toned down, that's turned up a notch.

I let things slide that were WAY worse than anything I've said, and I'm certainly not the person that has made this debate personal.

You didn't make it personal, yet you have sought to continue it again and again when people have tried to drop it and get back on topic. When you came up against a claim that you couldn't refute or could not substantiate you started the flaming and name calling again.

Try keeping it in perspective, huh?

Hindsight is 20/20, you are as much at fault as everyone else.

This isn't life or death, and it certainly isn't MY life. We are talking about a game, here. Anybody that is so pathetic as to take this sport THAT seriously needs to get a life.

Then why are you taking this discussion so seriously? You are the one acting like a spoiled child who can't get his way when things have turned against you page after page.

In other words...the real world. :rolleyes:

If anything, it gives you and your city a bad reputation.

Yeah, I know, everyone else is just jealous. Also, I'm the friggin'
Pope.

Everyone else from other teams haven't acted the way you have acted. A few are bad but you are the worst so far that I've seen. That's not jealousy oozing from you, that's idiocy.

Last edited:
Try keeping it in perspective, huh? This isn't life or death, and it certainly isn't MY life. We are talking about a game, here. Anybody that is so pathetic as to take this sport THAT seriously needs to get a life.

rofl, at least we actually post on our own team's fanboard. You can't really play the 'get a life' card on anyone here when you've posted 300+ times on a board that isn't even about your team.

Last edited:
Fck you.....

You have really gotten owned in this thread and then you resort to that. Lame lame lame. It's too bad, for awhile I didn't think you were a junk poster. Oh well, I've been wrong before.

You have really gotten owned in this thread and then you resort to that. Lame lame lame. It's too bad, for awhile I didn't think you were a junk poster. Oh well, I've been wrong before.

Believe me, it took a lot for me to "resort to that." where have you been in this thread? Seriously, someone has to call me of "below average intelligence?" Wouldn't be the first time in this thread, either...not even close. I'd punch him in the head if I could.

If this topic is such a non-issue, why has it gone on for 56 pages?

Why does the topic keep coming up? I love the guy that said that some people think -2 is greater than -1, therefore Brady is better than Manning. Classic stuff.

I've wandered into complete Patriot homer-land here, only nobody can see it.

Last edited:
You have really gotten owned in this thread

Stick a Jew in Germany in the late '30s, and see how badly he is "owned" no matter what he says. Extreme example to be sure, but not totally inaccurate.

What is so wrong with believing that Manning is a better QB than Brady? Nobody can convince me otherwise either...but, oh yeah, I'm just stupid and a junk poster. Being stupid and all, I tend to forget.

BTW, I posted the question on who is the most skilled QB on my Bills board.

So far, 78.69% voted for Manning.

I know we are all biased over there, something that would never happen over here. So that explains everything.

Thank you, and good night.

You're in Buffalo?

Okay, just checking, because if I was posting on another team's fan board at 4 in the morning about how they're all jerks and basically persecuting me like the Nazis persecuted the Jews, I'd probably take a long, hard look at my life. Borderline kudos though for being the most bizarrely inept human beings that I've seen around here in quite awhile.

And btw, I'll take the opinion of 78% of NFL coaches over the opinion of 78% of people who actually chose to live in your armpit of a city any day. If I'd had to watch a QB beat my team 11 times in a row, I'd be a little bitter too.

Pro-tip: the Bills wouldn't be exploring moving to Toronto if your fanbase and your city didn't both suck beyond measure.

Last edited:
You're in Buffalo?

Okay, just checking, because if I was posting on another team's fan board at 4 in the morning about how they're all jerks and basically persecuting me like the Nazis persecuted the Jews, I'd probably take a long, hard look at my life.

Borderline kudos for being the most bizarrely pathetic poster, on a human level, that I've seen around here in quite awhile.

And btw, I'll take the opinion of 78% of NFL coaches over the opinion of 78% of backwater rejects who actually chose to live in your armpit of a city any day.

First of all, you all have won the name-calling battle by at least 98%. I've done it once as compared to 100 times against me or so. Amazing that people were so offended when I did it since they were all clapping their hands when I was the victim of name-calling repeatedly. I told you I hit back. The way you protect this topic around here reminds me of the Iron Curtain.

Like I said before a million times, saying that one of these QBs is worse than the other is not an insult. It's like saying a girl has smaller tits than Wendy Whoppers.

The most amazing part is that hardly anyone wants to even concede that the topic is an opinion. That's incredible to me.

I used my Jew analogy as an extreme example and said as much. I hope you at least keep it in context. Obviously, this doesn't compare.

I'm up this late because I've been painting my bathroom so I can have free time later...you? Did you stay up this late because you were losing sleep over the need to put me in my place?

Armpit of a city? fck you too.

Last edited:
BTW, I posted the question on who is the most skilled QB on my Bills board.

So far, 78.69% voted for Manning.

I know we are all biased over there, something that would never happen over here. So that explains everything.

Thank you, and good night.

Calling BS on that. Link please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore