PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mandatory Mini Camp Practice- 6/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunner had a great preseason last year at WR….not so much during regular season….let’s hope he can carry it over to regular season this year….hope he can step into Edelman role at slot
He should have improved QB play and a another year in the system. Maybe a Welker type season for him?

He must be injured in some way, I don't know if it is the hand or his shoulder, his legs, or what. I actually thought he looked injured most of last year also. In his early days he used to be able to flick his wrist with tacklers hanging over him and the ball came out like it was shot from a cannon, completely effortlessly. I'm not sure if I have ever seen such a big long term change in throwing motion, he must be injured in some way. Hopefully it is just the hand.
His shoulder is not what it used to be and neither is his body.

COVID or no COVID his body took a pounding last year and has for most of his career.

These numbers should make everybody happy, if that is possible, as Mac Jones is getting just about equal reps.. but then again he should have had more, or so they say..

11v11s
Cam Newton: 5/11
Mac Jones: 6/12
Jarrett Stidham: 6/9
Brian Hoyer: 2/6, INT
7v7s
Cam Newton: 7/9
Mac Jones: 7/8
Jarrett Stidham: 2/6

Meanwhile Jake Bailey had tremendous hang times on his punts..

Ughh, the worst part is we won't know who the starting QB is until 2 hours before the first game probably

Or at the earliest until after the scrimmages/game vs the Vagiants...Gotta see our QBs vs players in a different uniform before any real conclusions can be drawn...Football players playing football and all that...

All the QB's had a couple bad throws, it was raining pretty good out there. Cam/Mac numbers are very close, I know people can't wait to murder Cam over anything but come on, it's day 1 out there in the rain and coming off of a throwing-hand injury.

All the QB's had a couple bad throws, it was raining pretty good out there. Cam/Mac numbers are very close, I know people can't wait to murder Cam over anything but come on, it's day 1 out there in the rain and coming off of a throwing-hand injury.
There's always excuses far Cam.

I'd do a 3 year deal with Gilmore and be fine if he only played 2 more years
Yeah maybe I'm crazy, but I think at this point losing Gilmore causes far more problems than saving some cap if he slows down solves. Give him a 3 year deal and front load over the first two and make it easy to walk away in the third and hope Bill can find another guy.

I think Bill learned his lesson from 2011 and early 2012 as far as CB's. We went aggressive and got Talib, then Revis, then Butler showed he could be a solid 1 and then we went and gotn Gilmore paid. I don't think Bill is going to leave CB as a question mark position ever again. I think Gilmore stays unless we have an answer at the position. Anyways it was pretty obvious Gilmore wasn't going to play with the money he was making this year.

There's always excuses far Cam.
Until someone shows up as a better option, I don't know what people want. Stidham had chances and couldn't take the job from him. Hoyer is never going to be starter unless people get injured. Mac potentially but he's a rookie and his development is everything right now. Maybe he can start this year, but he's worth a hell of a lot more longterm than to pull a Browns and rush him out before he's ready because of an "anybody but the current guy" attitude.

Let me help you with the reasons to hate Wynn:

1. He went to the University (sic) of Georgia
2. See above
3. See above
4. ..................

Other than that It's all good :):)
I would pay $5 to see you tell Wynn that to his face. :)

We really need this receiver core to be really good, not great. Patriots are at there best when multiple players are used in the offense. Backs, Te's, wr's all need to run great routes and hopefully our qb's will learn to go to the mismatches during the games. 5 starters; 1 TE good hands, beats linebackers, 1 Back who catches everything behind line of scrimage, a consistent catching slot guy (Jules reborn) for 3rd and 3's and 2 deep threats to take the top off like the Amendola, Hogan combo. Id be happy. Let's see if we can rebuild the dynasty again?

I would pay $5 to see you tell Wynn that to his face. :)
I would only do it if I could have my fellow Yellow Jacket Shaq Mason saving my ass

Gunner had a great preseason last year at WR….not so much during regular season….let’s hope he can carry it over to regular season this year….hope he can step into Edelman role at slot
He got injured, went on IR for three weeks, and then they seemingly just gave up on that experiment.

and irrational hate towards the man.
Yeah, I personally irrationally hate having a QB on the field who throws more interceptions than touchdowns. Now if Bill thinks that ain't him anymore, or we'd better put up with it... sigh, In Bill We (still) Trust. But I saw the tweet that Cam's got a hurt hand and was just waiting for his clapback saying "I don't run with my hand." MF better eat some prunes so he can pass something is all I'm saying.

Irrational hate my A gap. We've got guys coming in here saying NE fans don't give him the respect he is due for having a really good 2015. I mean, god love his babushka-wearing, bad-nickname-generating self if he actually does start looking like 2015 Cam, but that was 6 years ago. Christ, let's sign LeVeon Bell and have a mid-2010s fantasy team.

Irrational hate. Know what I irrationally hate? Losing. I'm a spoiled fan boy, and I want my team to win. If Cam is likely to get us there -- or more likely than the alternatives -- that is great. If we're destined to meet with some Jete-like decade(s) of frustration, having gone to the highest mountaintop of any fanbase in football, so be it. But PLEASE, if the Pats see fit to move on from Cam Newton, please don't tell me how he was irrationally hated and never got a fair shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back