PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man, the chicken littles need to get a grip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure Bill is watching film with them as we speak telling them “Good job! We’re 9-1 so no need to try and improve on the whopping 17 points we put up Sunday!”

If you know anything about BB and the Patriots, you'd know he wasn't doing that after the 33-3 win over Pittsburgh or the 43-0 win over Miami either.

Yet it needed 37 points to advance to the super bowl. It’s asinine to compared last year’s offense to this offense. I would love to know where they ranked on 3rd down efficiency compared to last year’s offense. Also red zone efficiency.

Red Zone
2019- 49%
2018-63%

3rd Down
2019- 39%
2018- 43%

Scoring Thru 10 games (O+D)
2019- 28.7
2018- 28.0

Defense Thru 10 games
2019-10.8
2018-23.6

This is deja vu from last yr with the offensive struggles and run defense.

They figured it out last yr. They have 6 games to figure it out

Chicken Little lives matter!!

My gosh, half the people I know or read or listen to are talking about this team like they're DEAD.

And they're 9-1.

That was an awesome win. That's a GRINDER game... that's a TRENCHES game... yeah, our team lost some of those battles... maybe a lot... but they won the freakin' war. (Honestly, I felt like the Ravens game was turning for our team too, until the fumble/6.)

Just to recap the Eagles, and forgive me for being no statistical deep diver... but the important stuff is right there in front of us:

1. The defense gave up 10 points in the first quarter... AND SHUT THEM DOWN THE REST OF THE GAME.

ON THE ROAD.

2. The offense... came back from a 10-point deficit...

ON THE ROAD.

Now.... could they close it out? No. But there have been plenty of other times the Pats O hasn't closed out a game... with far higher performing offenses than this one is at the moment. Just... saying.

3. Special teams was pretty much perfect... all kicks made... and all but one punt were beauties.

I listened to the beginning of Squeaky and the Douche yesterday... hey, I'm a masochist... and Mazz started off by saying how excited HE was by the win. I'm thinking to myself... what world do I live in where I agree with Mazz about the Pats?!?!?!

giphy.gif

A lot of people thought this team was DOA last year after Gordon was out, and the Steelers game. "Not enough talent"... "haven't lost 5 in like a decade"... well, THAT worked out pretty well.

C'mon... keep the faith in BB and TB12... and to the chicken littles... you BETTER run...

giphy.gif

...before we find out how many of you fit on a skewer. :) (jk... a little)

Someone forward this to Brady.

Guy doesn't know how great he has it!

Chicken Little lives matter!!

They make the best nuggets.

Right now two things are working against the Patriots offense.
  1. Offensive line - Newhouse is incredibad and is going back to the bench. Brady doesn't need a ton of time to function, but the left side instantly imploding at an excessive rate undoubtedly makes everything worse. I really think the offense's progress going forward hinges on Wynn staying on the field more than any other factor. Honestly, if he gets re-hurt I probably join the gloom crew too.
  2. WR/TE getting up to speed - Sanu, Watson, Myers and Harry are all in the process of getting acclimated to the offense. Edelman is really the only WR who is up to speed, and Dorsett I suppose. How fast they progress is an open question of course, but they all should be in a better place at the end of the season than they are now.
There are no guarantees that those play out like we hope, but if they do the offense will be very different at the end of the season than it was against the Eagles.

Why is it so hard so be thrilled w 9-1/6SB/Suck it ***** and recognize we've come up short in a few areas? As every team does.

They're certainty NOT mutually exclusive. I mean you can be great & get better. I'm sure Bill has played that card in the locker room a few times. Anyone Think he's satisfied or telling Gilmore "Mission Accomplished"?

Look sometimes **** happens (OL- injuries, retirement) but there are times we probably could've done better (TE/I'm not killing them for the WR situation but can understand why some are unhappy w it. Again don't necessarily agree but can understand it)

Regarding Brady ... If he keeps playing into his 40's the "decline" will absolutely happen & we'll see it.
That said I'm taking my emotion & Brady out of this.

I can't completely judge the QB situation ... forget abt if this is Tom's 5th or 10th best year ... until the OL resembles a group a good QB can work w. Let's see how everything works against Dallas-3 weeks from now.
We know the defense is championship caliber (btw yest might have been a top 3 performance from them for me)
So let's do the right thing, the only thing we can do & let the offense play out.

The truth hurts sometimes, I understand that...but don't shoot the messengers because of it.

Yes, the chicken littles are overreacting......myself included....

But the standard is so high in Foxborough that I have to be a tad bit concerned.......

I recognize that the offense has been coming up short in a few areas: the passing game, the running, and red zone efficiency.

I guess, for you, these are just a few areas, ones that are easily solvable.

Why is it so hard so be thrilled w 9-1/6SB/Suck it ***** and recognize we've come up short in a few areas? As every team does.

Yes, the chicken littles are overreacting......myself included....

But the standard is so high in Foxborough that I have to be a tad bit concerned.......
If this were 01 to 06 this place would be going crazy.

Instead 1/2 the board is happy but concerned and the other 1/2 acts like it's 30 days of night and their ice cream was taken away.

I recognize that the offense has been coming up short in a few areas: the passing game, the running, and red zone efficiency.

I guess, for you, these are just a few areas, ones that are easily solvable.
I'm sorry but for the life of me can't understand how you came to that conclusion. Care to explain?? That there easily solvable?

I agree, but this doesn't apply to you. You always are always negative, the boy who cries "wolf".

The truth hurts sometimes, I understand that...but don't shoot the messengers because of it.

We need to man up and face the fact that we're the fans of a 9-1 team , and just slit our wrists right now.

**** this place LOL

I'm sorry but for the life of me can't understand how you came to that conclusion. Care to explain?? That there easily solvable?

Perhaps, I went overboard; that is, I exaggerated.

However, you seem to indicate that having a few problems was no big deal. I merely pointed out that the problems on offense are in no way a few minor problems. [we do have a couple of problems on defense]. We literally have problems with our entire offense. To say that we have 3 problems with our offense: the passing game, the running game, and red zone offense was NOT meant as a sentence to be analyzed. It was an effort to point out just how serious the problems are. We do NOT have just a couple of problems on offense.

To solve these problems on offense is a very large order to do with only 6 games to go until the playoffs, 5 if we realize that the starters won't be playing much in Game 17 against MIA's scrubs.

Perhaps, I went overboard; that is, I exaggerated.

However, you seem to indicate that having a few problems was no big deal. I merely pointed out that the problems on offense are in no way a few minor problems. [we do have a couple of problems on defense]. We literally have problems with our entire offense. To say that we have 3 problems with our offense: the passing game, the running game, and red zone offense was NOT meant as a sentence to be analyzed. It was an effort to point out just how serious the problems are. We do NOT have just a couple of problems on offense.

To solve these problems on offense is a very large order to do with only 6 games to go until the playoffs, 5 if we realize that the starters won't be playing much in Game 17 against MIA's scrubs.
I'm sorry, again, where did I say or indicate that it's no big deal?

Funny I was just looking up flights and airbnb in Miamifor the SB. :cool:

FYI lots of cheap places to stay on AirBnB and not just people's rooms, I can't do that. Condo's hotels, guest houses etc..

And Spirit flight round trip from Richmond, VA to Ft Lauderdale for $98 bucks...can't really beat that not a huge fan of Spirit, but they have gotten me to and from Jamaica so...:eek:

3. Special teams was pretty much perfect... all kicks made... and all but one punt were beauties.
Just saw posted YouTube full game at Shea in '83, Eason's first start. Got blown out.

Fred Steinfort missed a would be tying field goal before halftime. Ugh.

(Best uni's ever, though. Last season we wore them.)

Yesteryear, when the offense would be penalized and Brady would have another 5 or 10 yards on 1st down. No problem, Brady has a first down. Now, I don't think that way. Although, I'm picking Brady for a must have touchdown. The Pats are 9-1 and are a strong candidate for home field advantage. What are the odds the Patriots are not heading to the Super Bowl?

Here are some reasons we were pretty much doomed this time last year:

- Not a Top 5 defense. Not a Top 10 defense for that matter.
- That won't cut it against the Chiefs.
- No Danny Amendola, kiss those clutch playoff plays goodbye
- We have lost Deion Lewis' cat-like quickness
- We lost to the Titans 34-10 (Almost a year ago today? Maybe a year ago last week?) Tom Brady ohfer in terms of TDs? Kellerman's cliff (again?) I get Kellerman's Cliff confused with Cliff Kingsbury, TBH, but I digress...
- That won't cut it against the Chiefs
- Back-to-Back losses in December, how un-Patriotic of them, and also no HFA, no way we go to Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs
- Oh shlitz, we lost Josh Gordon? No way we beat the Chiefs. We might not even get to play the Chiefs.

That was an 11-5 year (11-5 didn't even get us in the playoffs in 08...) We ended up nutting up and beating drumroll... the Chiefs, to get to the Rams. That Rams SB (3 PA) was more a harbinger of this year than the Chiefs game, your basic shootout.

It's football. You get guys. You lose guys. (This year, we seem to have lost just about EVERY guy who can catch a football...) You work with what you got. The other guys get paid too. Cliche cliche cliche.

Who's chances you like better?

Yeah, I think people who weren't Pats fans prior to this era might be prominent in this year's edition of the Chicken Little Brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST