PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man, the chicken littles need to get a grip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it so hard so be thrilled w 9-1/6SB/Suck it ***** and recognize we've come up short in a few areas?

I suspect that the OP was not directed towards you or that mindset. :cool:

Usually, we go into the second half expecting that the team has had time for the defense and offense to gel, and any loss in the second half is a surprise to us.

Even though we expect to be in the Super Bowl, this season is very different. First, the first half gave the team a cushion. Second, the Offense wan't even starting to gel at the half. Only now, after the addition of Wynn, do we look forward to the offense getting it together by the time of the playoffs.

After the first half, we "looked forward" to the team being tested with 6 of 8 games against those in playoff contention. I think that many forecast 3-3 and and HFA throughout (some predicted more wins, and there was cap).

Few were surprised with our loss to BALT. We are now 1-1. I would not be surprised with a loss in any of the next three games. I hope for 2-1, but 1-2 may be more likely. Even then, we are right on track, with a 13-3 season and a first round bye. Many would be disappointed with a 13-3 season. That is simply a result of the schedule. Had we lost to KC and HOU early, there would be little disappointment with 13-3.

we have never won a super bowl without losing at least 2 games during the season.......

Goddammit, it's time to get back on the horse!

@oldrover apparently in addition to condescension, pontificating and hurling insults on that list of things you should have learned from the (not so) Great & (nowhere near) Powerful Deus I should have included included straw man tactics and proclaiming victory. My bad

How very fortunate we all are to bask in the glow...

So in other words, what you're saying about Deus is... :D

(I should have added... "FTW!")

Well no AB and some great news:

earth-spinning-rotating-animation-21-2.gif

there was a time I would have KILLED a thousand turtles for a 9-7 season as a Pats fan...or at least a clown in a turtle suit

4d4d2fd656bf91206e347f53ad1d8784.jpg

I remember the times when the Pats would have a decent team but needed help from other teams at the end to make the playoffs. That help never came. Now we don't need no stinkin' help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST