PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't go that far
Only reason I would not fire him right now is 31 teams would line up to try to get him on a 5-10 year deal right away.

I would only fire him for treason (if he were trying to lose)

You could force his hand and put a GM over him take away his power, decision by committee, and see if you can get him to operate that way or quit.. if he quit he would not be able to coach elsewhere.

You’re missing a big point and that is Bill cannot come to this conclusion suddenly just moments before the biggest game of the year.
The point you are missing is it wasn't sudden. Events transpired during the week which made the situation untenable

Right and the people here who are upset are wondering why after the defense was thoroughly and completely dissected, didn't BB at least SEE if Butler could make a difference.

Do you think Butler should have had more then zero snaps on defense?

I think that is what it all boils down to in my mind and maybe the minds of others. They dressed him, He was active, He had ZERO snaps on defense in a game where the defense gave up 40+ points almost all of it through the air.
If Malcolm had his head on right, prepared to play and BB trusted him he should have played.

the more i think about this the more angry i get so im getting off.

Previous superbowl losses it felt like us against the world. Everyone wants to see us lose and we have to defend the wall, etc.

But this loss feels different, I'm not upset we lost. I'm disappointed in how we lost. The coaches choices in this game on the defensive end have resulted in a fracture that actually makes it feel like the dynasty could be over.

going to need a break for a while.

still zero snaps though, crazy.

If Malcolm had his head on right, prepared to play and BB trusted him he should have played.

How many TD's do you think Rowe, richards and bademosi needed to give up before he put butler in?

That's completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. Just how ridiculous are you going to get with this? You jumped the gun, making foolish speculations. Acknowledge that, step back, and regroup, instead of continuing to clown yourself.
@robertweathers ..."Deuce" lmao (she is right on this tho)

The point you are missing is it wasn't sudden. Events transpired during the week which made the situation untenable

So you inform the guy just minutes before kickoff? Like I said, SCREW JOB.

That's completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. Just how ridiculous are you going to get with this? You jumped the gun, making foolish speculations. Acknowledge that, step back, and regroup, instead of continuing to clown yourself.
I jumped what gun?

I said this the morning Malcolm did something to lose confidence he would be there for the team on the field.

Go read.

I just hate this man. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. Everything about this feels wrong.

But this loss feels different, I'm not upset we lost. I'm disappointed in how we lost. The coaches choices in this game on the defensive end have resulted in a fracture that actually makes it feel like the dynasty could be over.
just stay.... it's just starting to get good.....!

What crow? (1) You're really so naive as to take Butler's statement at 100% face value? (2) Even if it's 100% true, nothing in that statement contradicts anything that the beat guys have been saying today about Butler crapping out in practice, snapping at coaches, clearing out his locker, etc.
Just eat your crow bud.

It won’t taste good, but once digested it’ll warm your soul.

I wouldn't either, but there should be a check somewhere. Maybe a front office person who Belichick has to run everything by and if something controversial comes up a mandated coaches meeting. That way Belichick can't just do this last minute and catch everyone off guard.

To me it feels like he tried it two weeks ago and Patricia and other coaches talked him down. Then this week he felt the same, and sprung it on everyone day of so he couldn't be talked out of it, and then told people just before the game when nothing could be done about it and nobody had the luxury of bugging the head coach right before the Super Bowl.

"To me it feels like he tried it two weeks ago and Patricia and other coaches talked him down." According to a reputable Pats source, this is exactly how it happened. Bill wanted Butler out of the AFC Championship and got talked down. After that I think his ego got him, too. After he benched Malcolm, he certainly wasn't going to change his mind in front of the team and other coaches. He'd rather lose on his own terms than win on someone else's.

They better win at least one more Super Bowl with these guys.

I jumped what gun?

I said this the morning Malcolm did something to lose confidence he would be there for the team on the field.

Go read.

I read. I warned you earlier that you were going too far down the rabbit hole. You chose to keep going, and now you're making a joke of yourself.

Stop. Step away for a while.

Good Lord, Robert. We KNOW Bill didn't think Malcolm was the best choice for the game. That part is fine. What we have a problem with is that when it became clear that Bill's choice to replace Malcolm was not working and was being specifically targeted by the Eagles (with great success), Bill failed to correct the situation.
Because Bill couldn't trust Malcolm. Period. That's the only explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back