PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really isn't complicated. The fact is both Belichick and Butler say it wasn't related to disciplinary reason(s). The obvious is Belichick decided, for reason(s) unrelated to winning the Super Bowl, to bench Butler. The probable is it cost us a win.

It's not complicated, but it is a mystery. The mind hates mysteries (well, the part that wants answers... the part that likes to tell stories loves it.)

Because Bill couldn't trust Malcolm. Period. That's the only explanation
That doesn't Bill right. You're whole argument is predicated on a notion that Bill is right if he thinks something.

Bill had Butler in more snaps than any other defensive player on the roster this year. They went 13-3 and had a top 5 defense in points. The day he decides Butler won't play the defense gets lit up, drops 41 points, and a Super Bowl that should have been easy with an average performance because of how our offense balledbecame nearly impossible.

The outcome proves Belichick wrong

We will never get a straight answer from BB. This game now will become what if BB had played butler. I don't think the eagles score over 30 with butler in the game.

I can understand this, he single handidly carried this team to the SB and had another MVP performance in the SB. I have a feeling he's pissed
If I'm pissed, and I am, I can imagine Brady beeing 1,000,000+ more pissed.

No.

I'm having too much fun screwing with you.
You’re really not screwing him over.

You just look dumb considering the hard stance you’ve taken since the thread was conceived and the fact that you refuse to relent, even though you’re completely wrong.

This thing drives me nuts, along with all the other million Pats fans here.

The only thing I could guess that would make sense is if Butler did something that was that could be called cheating and BB didn't want that in the game, being sick of being accused of cheating all the time.

But then he'd just be benched, not still play special teams.

I'm at a loss.

Or what? What are you going to do?
I'm not going to do anything. I know that if they don't Belichick will be regarded as a great coach but not someone you can put in the class of Lombardi because he made a decision that cost his team a Super Bowl. I know that if they don't years from now this will be viewed as the decision that ended the greatest dynasty in football.

It really is in everyone's best interests to win another won.

This is kind of OT but I had to stop following Loyko on twitter. His whole "look at you fools *****, if only you grasped the brilliance of Bill Belichick like I do" is such a flimsy veneer--during games he's ready to fire half the coaching staff.

You’re really not screwing him over.

You just look dumb considering the hard stance you’ve taken since the thread was conceived and the fact that you refuse to relent, even though you’re completely wrong.
Classic troll response. I enjoy spouting nonsense because it gets to you. Really people should just ignore him at this point. Just read the context of his posts.

"Belichick decided something". Implication being if Belichick made a decision he's right and justified in it. It's stupidity. Infallibility strawman.

this thread is very healing for me.... Very cathartic...

giphy.gif

Classic troll response. I enjoy spouting nonsense because it gets to you. Really people should just ignore him at this point. Just read the context of his posts.

"Belichick decided something". Implication being if Belichick made a decision he's right and justified in it. It's stupidity. Infallibility strawman.
Yup pretty much.

Guy doesn’t know when to quit and just looks dumber with each post.

Another one saying it was just poor practice which again is corroborating what Belichick said. And what Malcolm said when he stated he didn't break any rules to get his benching.

We talking about practice? Not a game. Practice? Give me butler over bademosi or Rowe! Rowe would be the 3rd corner.

It really is in everyone's best interests to win another won.
football is going away anyway. The Pats will always be remembered as the last big thing. Even when we lose the news is more dominated with Patriot **** than the winning team..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes