PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mahomes says he is eyeing a 20-0 season

Eh be careful because saying no injuries works both ways. In Super Bowl 49 Sherman was playing hurt from an injury in the NFCCG and more importantly their slot corner in Jeremy Lane blew out his knee and broke his arm on the Brady interception at the start of the game which then freed up Edelman to dominate later on.

Also cooper kupp not being able to play in Super Bowl 53 took away one of Goff’s safety blankets.

I mean it the exact way I said it. The reality is we would have been in more Super Bowls and won 42/46.

2012/15 would have been wraps.

No. Two 17-0 teams can both be in the same conference without being in the same division, they just have to not face each other during the season. For example, the Patriots and Chiefs can both go 17-0 this season as they don’t play each other in the schedule. But because only one team gets the first round bye now, there would have to be a strength of victory tiebreaker to determine who gets the bye and who ends up in the wildcard round as the 2 seed.
How would the second 17-0 team not win its division and be the second seed? I just don't see how it drops all the way down to a wild card team.

edit - oh ffs, I see. Just one 1st round bye. SMH

How would the second 17-0 team not win its division and be the second seed? I just don't see how it drops all the way down to a wild card team.

edit - oh ffs, I see. Just one 1st round bye. SMH

Yep, it's possible to have two undefeated teams in the same conference, but not three...And it's for that very reason that there should ALWAYS be either 6 PO teams with TWO first-round byes per conference or 8 teams with ZERO byes...This odd-numbered regular- & post-season sh!t is feckin stupid.

Yep, it's possible to have two undefeated teams in the same conference, but not three...And it's for that very reason that there should ALWAYS be either 6 PO teams with TWO first-round byes per conference or 8 teams with ZERO byes...This odd-numbered regular- & post-season sh!t is feckin stupid.
Not to mention we all have to re-calibrate our "respectable"/"fluke playoff appearance"/"Bye-worthy" win totals, even if they didn't eff up how many byes there are because, 17 games

I'm sure the NYFL will be more than happy to help the Chefs reach their goal this season...

Kleiman's got a point. It's not the 20-0 that's a problem. On its own, there's nothing wrong with it. It's the "5, no wait, 7 rings" crap that makes it bad when you combine them.
It is always harder, much harder to deal with success than failure. Anyone can get to the top of the mountain but staying there is a while different ball game. The Chiefs have always has their share of divas. It remains to be seen if Mahomes can reign them in but it seems he may be joining them.

Shades of Jaylen Brown bragging about having 6 rings by the time he’s 30 in that one interview back in 2018. At least the Lebron bragging in 2010 was backed up by him being the best in the league and they did then go on to win a couple times.

It is always harder, much harder to deal with success than failure. Anyone can get to the top of the mountain but staying there is a while different ball game. The Chiefs have always has their share of divas. It remains to be seen if Mahomes can reign them in but it seems he may be joining them.

Not to mention that small cap hit that becomes a $40M problem. The Chiefs already restructured it this year to free up about $17M and further kicked the can down the road. So far, they've paid almost nothing on the richest contract in NFL history, but it's all going to come due.

People who think the cap rising helps situations like this do not understand the cap...the cap is almost always rising in a zero-sum game for all teams, and look at the disastrous results of these deals right now with teams either unable to get over the hump due to the burden (Seahawks, Steelers) or unable to restructure any further, resulting in a joke of a roster (Falcons, Rams/Lions).

Now, I do belief that cap relief can be provided if the QB doesn't require high-end weapons and linemen, but Mahomes might be the most spoiled QB in football when it comes to highly paid supporting talent on offense.

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back