PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mahomes high-fiving fans after the game...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rate The thread

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see nothing to not like about Mahomes. Great talent, great attitude, great teammate, a blast to watch.

When Brady finally retires, Mahomes and Wilson will be the best two in the league, likely - but I'll wait a bit on Mahomes. He had an amazing amount of talent around him this year, probably the best team he'll ever have.

Still, there's no doubting his talent or his cool. Kid's a winner. That last game-tying drive had to have perfect passes and he did it.

My response was perfectly on-topic to Play87's post. The rest of your post, uhhh no duh.

Yes, but you're conflating the perceived "hate" Mahomes receives (I don't even hate him) with TB12 hate and I find that preposterous. Mahomes hasn't even been around long enough for rivals to hate him, let alone the everyday Pats fan.

I never said it wasn't a classy gesture to fans.

Does Brady high five fans at Foxboro after a loss? If not, does that make him not classy?

In other news.....my neighbor once drove 27 mph on a street marked for 25 mph. If this keeps up his future will clearly amount to prison time.

Regarding Mahomes as a player.. we will see how his wheels and his arm on the run hold up after several seasons of hits, age and wear and tear. One thing last night proved is he's not too comfortable standing in the pocket. There are folks here already elevating him over Rodgers. Please understand that Mahomes will very likely not be this type of physical talent for the long haul. Guys like Ben and TB12 do not diminish in effectiveness with age because they can stand in the pocket and make plays.

(preparing for incoming...)

Oh man OP got crushed. Can’t remember a thread that had so many disagrees especially in this short a time.

Regarding Mahomes as a player.. we will see how his wheels and his arm on the run hold up after several seasons of hits, age and wear and tear. One thing last night proved is he's not too comfortable standing in the pocket. There are folks here already elevating him over Rodgers. Please understand that Mahomes will very likely not be this type of physical talent for the long haul. Guys like Ben and TB12 do not diminish in effectiveness with age because they can stand in the pocket and make plays.

(preparing for incoming...)

He’s 23. Roethlisberger was far from developed at that age

Mahomes can be made uncomfortable in the pocket with clever blitzes and scheming but he can get better with more experience. When his pocket is clean he’s great. The guy hasn’t even played 20 career games and he already got the biggest Chiefs win at Arrowhead ever last week.

Seems like some of you guys don't want to critique him at all, because we just beat him and thus you feel as though it would be diminishing the Patriots victory if we say anything bad about him. I don't see it that way. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

There is nothing bad to say about Mahomes. He played one hell of a game. There were 4 lead changes in the 4th quarter.

" He doesn't have the killer instinct because he high fived some fans"

Hahaha

That's just silly.

There is nothing bad to say about Mahomes. He played one hell of a game.

He played one hell of a HALF. 1st half: 4 completions, 65 yards, 0 points.

But that's not even the point I was making. Hell, without Brady's gift INT at the goal line, the Chiefs may very well have never taken the lead the whole night. Mahomes got his ass spanked in the first half.

On edit: not to mention all the sacks he took in the first half. One hell of a HALF would be more accurate, IMO.

Last edited:
It's a bad post for sure. But your ridiculous posts today about Brady not being able to throw/shouldn't be throwing are just as bad.
I never said Brady couldn't throw just saying he does not have much of an arm anymore. That's nothing new to 99% of the world who watch's him play, just a fact. Brady is no longer the reason the Pats win, its becoming more about the scheme and Hoodie vs. Brady. I know you have the blue blinders on and all, I get it and understand, but the torch was passed, everyone sees it except Pat fans. But it was a good game, but critiquing a guy for thanking the fans at the end of the game has to be a top 5 all time worst post ever, sporting message boards or not. Just absolute flaming garbage.

I never said Brady couldn't throw just saying he does not have much of an arm anymore. That's nothing new to 99% of the world who watch's him play, just a fact. Brady is no longer the reason the Pats win, its becoming more about the scheme and Hoodie vs. Brady. I know you have the blue blinders on and all, I get it and understand, but the torch was passed, everyone sees it except Pat fans. But it was a good game, but critiquing a guy for thanking the fans at the end of the game has to be a top 5 all time worst post ever, sporting message boards or not. Just absolute flaming garbage.

you don't know what you're talking about

A lot of people being real self-righteous.. obviously when looked at in a vacuum Mahommes shaking hands is harmless.. but I think the point the OP was trying to make is that he doesn't see that killer instinct from mahommes. Some people like the edge that Brady or Mayfield have...

To be the type of player that Brady is and accomplish things he has accomplished you need something more then talent, intelligence, determination, ability to learn, durability, and being a great person...it takes something more

A lot of people being real self-righteous.. obviously when looked at in a vacuum Mahommes shaking hands is harmless.. but I think the point the OP was trying to make is that he doesn't see that killer instinct from mahommes. Some people like the edge that Brady or Mayfield have...

To be the type of player that Brady is and accomplish things he has accomplished you need something more then talent, intelligence, determination, ability to learn, durability, and being a great person...it takes something more

A few people get it...

I never said Brady couldn't throw just saying he does not have much of an arm anymore. That's nothing new to 99% of the world who watch's him play, just a fact. Brady is no longer the reason the Pats win, its becoming more about the scheme and Hoodie vs. Brady. I know you have the blue blinders on and all, I get it and understand, but the torch was passed, everyone sees it except Pat fans.

Yeah, his dead-ass arm was barely rifling those passes through dollhouse windows on the last drive. It's all scheme! And the torch was definitely passed ... in a win.

Just stop, I personally only have the patience for one completely ridiculous take on this thread.

Mahomes has a great arm.

But lets be honest here. He walked into an offense that was LOADED

Travis Kelce - Top 2 TE in the league
Kareem Hunt - Top 5 RB in the league (they havent been the same without him)
Tyreek Hill - Top 5 WR in the league

As for shaking hands after the game. I'm not mad. Nothing wrong with that.

Mahomes has a great arm.

Travis Kelce - Top 2 TE in the league

I'm not "mad" at Mahomes for shaking hands. It certainly doesn't make him a bad person. But I do question his killer instinct and I'm sorry, but "champions" don't disappear for complete halves with all the marbles on the line like Mahomes did last night 1st half.

Huh?

Yes, Brady's never had the athletic ability (strong arm/legs/etc) to do what Rodgers/Mahomes does but to say he isn't the reason they win is the dumbest thing I've heard so far. How can he not have much of an arm and make the accurate throws last night, especially in the OT drive to win?

Bogus son.

What has Mayfield won? Does Cleveland hand out trophies for winning 7 games?

Killer instinct of Mayfield nor Mahomes can be judged this early. But Mahomes is clearly more proven here as he showed with his 4th quarter heroics throughout the season and playoff win

Still, waaaay too early to judge either.

Mahomes has a great arm.

Travis Kelce - Top 30 WR in the league

FIFY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots