PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones & the offense: Signs of improvement?

OK so now you want to change the topic because you have no responses for your obsessive hate towards Brady. Got it.

And yes, absolutely, I remain very interested as a fan of the New England Patriots and so yes, will continue to closely watch and remark how I think the players on the team are doing as well as how the coaching staff is doing.

Sure, and I won't go and root for another team just because my team's ex-QB plays there. You're delusional if you don't think this board is full of closet Bucs fans.

And you continue to remind us every day that you don't like this coaching staff, like a broken record. I'm sure you'll start a new thread at any minute

Aren't you the guy who changed his username, your username literally used to be Tommy. What happened dude.

And yes, why would you defend a coaching staff of a 2-4 team as if that was a bad thing. Are you an organizational stooge? I'm of course thrilled with the last 4 weeks, especially as the winning coincided with adopting the moves I advocated for. The weird ones are those who blindly defend the team even when it's 2-4 and the house is on fire, but it somehow was blasphemy to call it out. It's perfectly rational to criticize a team that is losing and making mistakes and head-scratching moves, and also enjoy them while they're winning and rolling.

Aren't you the guy who changed his username, your username literally used to be Tommy. What happened dude.

And yes, why would you defend a coaching staff of a 2-4 team as if that was a bad thing. Are you an organizational stooge? I'm of course thrilled with the last 4 weeks, especially as the winning coincided with adopting the moves I advocated for. The weird ones are those who blindly defend the team even when it's 2-4 and the house is on fire, but it somehow was blasphemy to call it out. It's perfectly rational to criticize a team that is losing and making mistakes and head-scratching moves, and also enjoy them while they're winning and rolling.

Because I've seen this coaching staff for 20 years and I was confident that they would turn things around. I was one of the few posters that predicted 9-11 wins after the Texans game. Seeing the Pats go 2-4 and TOmmy winning the super bowl last year made you cranky, so you rambled on and on and on about Bill. And despite the turnaround you won't give Belichick any credit.

Last edited:

Yeah we had 3 or 4 straight home losses can't remember. That was very alarming, but the past few weeks have definitely made me forget about the beginning of the season woes.

Yeah we had 3 or 4 straight home losses can't remember. That was very alarming, but the past few weeks have definitely made me forget about the beginning of the season woes.

Yeah , first time ever BB went 0-4 at home to start a season. First time in his 45 year career.

Show me where I ever wrote a negative thing about BB. Seriously go try to find it, one time. If anything I've consistently said the quality of his staff around him is important. and fluctuates in quality over time.

I can understand that.

How BB has kept going and going and be all Chatty Cathy after wins is astounding.
I think he's on a different level, mentally. I also think that it's the long play to him. How does it develop over the entire season? I think he's got game plan for the individual games and then for the team development and growth as a whole. Is each week trending in the right direction?

Show me where I ever wrote a negative thing about BB. Seriously go try to find it, one time. If anything I've consistently said the quality of his staff around him is important. and fluctuates in quality over time.

HAHAHA, just today you were commenting about giving Eliot Wolf and Groh credit for drafting Mac when there is video proof of Belichick being the one who made the call to draft him. Your passive-aggressiveness isn't fooling anyone.

I think he's on a different level, mentally. I also think that it's the long play to him. How does it develop over the entire season? I think he's got game plan for the individual games and then for the team development and growth as a whole. Is each week trending in the right direction?
It's uncanny. He loves the process and loves the moment. The win/loss is not a means to an end but rather the result.

HAHAHA, just today you were commenting about giving Eliot Wolf and Groh credit for drafting Mac when there is video proof of Belichick being the one who made the call to draft him. Your passive-aggressiveness isn't fooling anyone.

You're misreading that. I've said always BB has the best GM record of the last 20 years. When I specifically call out Wolf and Groh it's because I know there are random cousins and stooges here from the john carroll / ohio area, and so it amuses me to only credit Wolf and Groh. It's implied BB is credited since he runs everything. You're misreading it, dude. But nice pivot away from your flailing Brady rant.

You're misreading that. I've said always BB has the best GM record of the last 20 years. When I specifically call out Wolf and Groh it's because I know there are random cousins and stooges here from the john carroll / ohio area, and so it amuses me to only credit Wolf and Groh. It's implied BB is credited since he runs everything. You're misreading it, dude. But nice pivot away from your flailing Brady rant.

There you go again trashing Belichick...

It's uncanny. He loves the process and loves the moment. The win/loss is not a means to an end but rather the result.
This is the rub right here.

'On Sunday Jones became the first rookie quarterback in Patriots history to throw for three touchdowns in a game without an interception.'

So i guess mac has improved

'On Sunday Jones became the first rookie quarterback in Patriots history to throw for three touchdowns in a game without an interception.'

So i guess mac has improved
He beat Tommy Hodson's record with 2.

He beat Tommy Hodson's record with 2.

2 td/0 ints in rookie season?

Bledsoe tied Hodson in '93... Grogan did it in '75, but he didnt start the game... Plunkett had a 2/0 hat trick in '71... Tommy Sherman did it in '68...

Last edited:
Bledsoe tied Hodson in '93... Grogan did it in '75, but he didnt start the game
Too young for the Grogs one and did not remember Drew's game.

I remember Hodson having a great game and I was excited.

Nonetheless, for Mac to best the immortal Tommy Hodson is a monumental achievement.

Too young for the Grogs one and did not remember Drew's game.

I remember Hodson having a great game and I was excited.

Nonetheless, for Mac to best the immortal Tommy Hodson is a monumental achievement.
thats cool... i thought it was an interesting factoid... decided to look into it...

i edited my post, added some others to the list as well...

Need to also look at the sack numbers. Fields is getting sacked a ridiculous 13.4%. Mac is at 5.6%. Sacks are largely QB responsibility when they go beyond norms in one direction.

ANY/A: Mac is at 6.22, very solid for a rookie and way above anyone from the class. Fields is at 3.63, about as low as you can go (unless you’re a 12 year old playing for the Jets.)

1637018973565.png

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back