PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones Tackle Attempt on Chandler Jones - There was no shot

They were? I wasn’t active. Let’s call them out for that stupidity. Quote the posts.
Myers (and Stevenson) didn't escape blame, but several of the talk show hosts spent more time blaming and talking about Mac (for that 1 play specifically) than the other 2. Nick (the genius) Wright for example. Go have a look.

Myers (and Stevenson) didn't escape blame, but several of the talk show hosts spent more time blaming and talking about Mac (for that 1 play specifically) than the other 2. Nick (the genius) Wright for example. Go have a look.
Nick Wright? I’d rather not.

I'm going to come clean. I am the one who farted in the GDT. I know it was a bad one because even I was disgusted by the smell. I apologize.

But I was not the mystery poster who blamed Mac for the final play.

Both Jules and Law said Mac should've tried to do a better job at trying to stop him.

The mystery poster when @Rob0729 finally reveals his name…

View attachment 48418
Robbed GIF by VH1

Both Jules and Law said Mac should've tried to do a better job at trying to stop him.
I think he tried as well as he could under the circumstances. To have said he could have done a better job is one thing, but to say he didn't try to make a better effort is both untrue and mean spirited. Mangini's? comments were putrid as well. Qb's aren't taught tackling techniques and don't practice them, nor should they. It's why they wear red jerseys at practice. ST players are taught and do practice them. Mac was caught by surprise and tried to make the tackle as best he could. He had little chance as has been pointed out.

A point I think that has been overlooked when discussing tackling on this play, did you see Chandler Jones miss the tackle on Stevenson shortly after the handoff. LOL. Talk about a poor effort at tackling.

I don't think it was a bad play call....it was a draw play...if we score, is it a bad play call then? It was a horrible decision by both Rham and Meyers who both stated that they did this on their own.
Again, 0% Rham is bringing that to the house. He got to the 30 which was a miracle but he was about to get engulfed by defenders. His decision to lateral was bad and Meyers decision was even worse but if you're calling a hopeless play then just kneel it down and go to overtime. I would have been ok with a hail mary but Bill said Mac couldn't throw that far (which Mac later contradicted).

Yeah, he had a better shot at telling a yo momma joke. Maybe jones gets mad and stops to fight him.

I don't understand how this is even being debated. Mac made one of the worst attempts at a tackle that I've ever seen by an NFL player. But, other than it lost the game, I'm not worried about it because tackling is not really in his job description.

I think he tried as well as he could under the circumstances. To have said he could have done a better job is one thing, but to say he didn't try to make a better effort is both untrue and mean spirited. Mangini's? comments were putrid as well. Qb's aren't taught tackling techniques and don't practice them, nor should they. It's why they wear red jerseys at practice. ST players are taught and do practice them. Mac was caught by surprise and tried to make the tackle as best he could. He had little chance as has been pointed out.

A point I think that has been overlooked when discussing tackling on this play, did you see Chandler Jones miss the tackle on Stevenson shortly after the handoff. LOL. Talk about a poor effort at tackling.
Yes I saw the missed tackle but then he gets pushed down by an OL and stays in the Raiders logo, which camouflaged him from Meyers who never saw him. All around weird ass play.

There's a view from the Raiders EZ that shows the tackle attempt better that I can't find. It just looks like Mac squats but freezes. I mean there's no way this is on Mac, but he's getting burnt on sm.

As much fun as this forum has made of Chandler for his late season play, it's karmic that it was him that made the play.

I don't understand how this is even being debated. Mac made one of the worst attempts at a tackle that I've ever seen by an NFL player. But, other than it lost the game, I'm not worried about it because tackling is not really in his job description.
I don't think it should be debated that given 100 chances at the same tackle Mac would only make it a few times. Chandler would easily run it in. There were no other Pats even close and Chandler was surround by several Raiders who could either block or take a lateral. The amount of criticism he has gotten is stunning and uncalled for.

People waste time saying it's Rham's fault or Meyer's fault - of course it is!
But, despite that - once those stupid decisions were done, Mac was THE LAST chance of saving the game.
And there is absolutely more effort that he could have, and should have made in that tackle.
Being shocked at Meyer's pass doesn't count for why he got steamrolled. He should have had all the rage in the world and attacked, not fell down while Chandler ran toward him. The stiff-arm would never have happened if Mac charged for his legs and tried to wrap him up. Chandler would have tripped and fell if he gave even a bit of effort with some awareness.

You know this song was going through Chandler Jones' mind when he had a full head of steam at Mac:

People waste time saying it's Rham's fault or Meyer's fault - of course it is!
But, despite that - once those stupid decisions were done, Mac was THE LAST chance of saving the game.
And there is absolutely more effort that he could have, and should have made in that tackle.
Being shocked at Meyer's pass doesn't count for why he got steamrolled. He should have had all the rage in the world and attacked, not fell down while Chandler ran toward him. The stiff-arm would never have happened if Mac charged for his legs and tried to wrap him up. Chandler would have tripped and fell if he gave even a bit of effort with some awareness.

Bingo.

I had previously stated in another thread that I didn't feel that Corky was in the right position to make an effective tackle attempt...

Upon further review: I was wrong.

Corky was balanced and in proper position... Chandler Jones was Not coming at him with a head of steam... Corky should've at that moment lunged for the legs and held on for dear life until Hunter Henry arrived.

No reasonable person should have expected a suplex takedown or any other type of exclamation-point tackle... What they - as well as his teammates, coaches & owner - should have very reasonably expected however is a far, Far better effort than he provided there.

Once again, when the going gets tough, Corky gets going... to the gender-optional bathroom.

Coaches, Rham, Jakobi and Mac are to blame. Everyone happy?

I have to think that if this were any other generation of football, someone would’ve been fired/cut for such an infamous blunder. Didn’t just about everyone involved in the Miracle in the Meadowlands get the boot?

Coaches, Rham, Jakobi and Mac are to blame. Everyone happy?

I have to think that if this were any other generation of football, someone would’ve been fired/cut for such an infamous blunder. Didn’t just about everyone involved in the Miracle in the Meadowlands get the boot?

Yep; GM Andy Robustelli resigned, to be replaced by George Young... And Sean McVay's grandpa John was replaced by Ray Perkins, whose first-year staff in 1979 included young LBs coach Bill Parcells & Special Teams coach Bill Belichick...

We had a saying in boot camp: Pain is good; and extreme pain is extremely good... If Bill isn't willing to make painful decisions, then ownership has a responsibility to its fanbase and to themselves to make them for him.

Bingo.

I had previously stated in another thread that I didn't feel that Corky was in the right position to make an effective tackle attempt...

Upon further review: I was wrong.

Corky was balanced and in proper position... Chandler Jones was Not coming at him with a head of steam... Corky should've at that moment lunged for the legs and held on for dear life until Hunter Henry arrived.

No reasonable person should have expected a suplex takedown or any other type of exclamation-point tackle... What they - as well as his teammates, coaches & owner - should have very reasonably expected however is a far, Far better effort than he provided there.

Once again, when the going gets tough, Corky gets going... to the gender-optional bathroom.
That's it, man. I get that you have your thing on this board. Hell, you might be the most active poster here but...yeah, I've had enough. The derogatory nicknames, the general negativity (and I don't blame you for being negative this season but it's always the same thing good or bad) and just overall crankiness.

If I wasn't such a long-time member of the this forum, I'd just block you and that would be it but I wanted to let you know. I'm sure I'm not the first and I know I won't be the last. I hope, one day, that the Pats will live up to your exacting standards.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back