PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones Tackle Attempt on Chandler Jones - There was no shot

That’s far from absolving Meyers and the coaches, and blaming Mac. That’s just stating the obvious - the game came down to a tackle being needed and it didn’t happen. If there’s another post you have in mind, let me know.
Correct, the last line of defense turned out to be Mac and he didn't get it gone. Just isolating that aspect of the play, Mac gets a big fat F.

Looking at the totality of the play, the coaching staff got the ball rolling with the utterly useless play-call. And then Patricia for one looks excited with the lateraling. Meyers should have just eaten the ball after sprinting in the wrong direction and his decision to lateral it further back to Mac was mind-numbingly stupid.

When you find the one about the punt. Check back farther from this same poster where he has another post where he clearly blames Jones for loss.
Here is a post from Froob, your response to him, and your only other response within the first 15 pages. At no point did someone specifically absolve Meyers of making a brain dead lateral or the coaching staff, and pin the blame specifically on Mac.

Are people actually mad at Mac for that lol

Who else do you blame? It isn't like any other Patriots player did anything wrong on that play. It clearly on Mac Jones. What you just going to blame a random player like Meyers? What did Meyers do wrong on that play, but I bet you want to blame him.

Andrews' answer was, yes. Yes, it was the coach's call to do laterals.

I can go beyond that, but I’m beginning to get the impression that this is a scenario that is only in your head. As a football player, should Mac have made a better effort to make the tackle in that position? Of course. He was the last line of defense. He will likely get roasted for it by Bill for it during the film sessions, if he hasn’t been already. Was it Mac’s fault it even came down to that in the first place? Of course not. He probably had no clue it was coming because it was such a stupid decision. Mac did not have a great game and neither did the rest of the team. Plenty of blame to go around.

Here is a post from Froob, your response to him, and your only other response within the first 15 pages. At no point did someone specifically absolve Meyers of making a brain dead lateral or the coaching staff, and pin the blame specifically on Mac.

I can go beyond that, but I’m beginning to get the impression that this is a scenario that is only in your head. As a football player, should Mac have made a better effort to make the tackle in that position? Of course. He was the last line of defense. He will likely get roasted for it by Bill for it during the film sessions, if he hasn’t been already. Was it Mac’s fault it even came down to that in the first place? Of course not. He probably had no clue it was coming because it was such a stupid decision. Mac did not have a great game and neither did the rest of the team. Plenty of blame to go around.

Not any of these. Wrong poster and wrong posts. There is a specific post I responded to. Specifically spoke about Mac vs. Chandler's weights. Specifically said that punters tackle returners and then spoke of Marcus Jones' 175lbs.

The scenarios are definitely there. I went back and checked before I responded.

The only smart call there was taking a knee. Where they were, the odds were as good or greater for a turnover returned for a TD (even with no stupid laterals) as there was for a TD. If the Pats were down and going to lose, then you take a shot. With a tie, there was more downside than upside going for it.

The old Belichick would have taken a knee. Old Belichick makes a stupid decision. I am guessing he let Patricia make the call.
The odds of a penalty on the draw (face mask, horse collar etc) that add yards and stop clock outweigh the odds of a disasterous fumble there, assuming you coach them that ball security outweighs extra yards in that situation. It's going rogue, assuming it was going rogue, with multiple laterals thats the problem. It reflects a season of poor coaching and lack of buy in, but the specific play call itself was lnt dreadful to me

The odds of a penalty on the draw (face mask, horse collar etc) that add yards and stop clock outweigh the odds of a disasterous fumble there, assuming you coach them that ball security outweighs extra yards in that situation. It's going rogue, assuming it was going rogue, with multiple laterals thats the problem. It reflects a season of poor coaching and lack of buy in, but the specific play call itself was lnt dreadful to me
Lets be honest, it was going rogue. Or perhaps better put, Rhamondre was trying to win the game and on instinct lateralled it to Jakobi, then Jakobi was like WTF bro and threw it away.

Not even Patricia is dumb enough to call a play that involves lateralling the ball back to Mac Jones(who appears to be the closest Patriot to where Jakobi threw it).

Just grab his leg and get dragged until someone comes to help that's what the cbs do.
Whatever, it's done.

How's he going to grab his leg when his 35 1/2 inch arms on his head?

Chandler Jones is a 6'5" 266 lb all-pro monster that practices martial arts with his monster of a brother. His arms are incredibly long, a physical trait he uses to dominant 300+ lb monsters.

There was also no help coming, no one was even close to Mac to come and help him, he would have had to hang on for like 4-5 seconds

This take is obnoxious

Last edited:
Not any of these. Wrong poster and wrong posts. There is a specific post I responded to. Specifically spoke about Mac vs. Chandler's weights. Specifically said that punters tackle returners and then spoke of Marcus Jones' 175lbs.

The scenarios are definitely there. I went back and checked before I responded.
That’s great, but it doesn’t do anything besides move the goal posts from your original contention…

People were blaming Jones and not Meyers on Sunday for the TD. People said punters have no problem tackling returners. So why couldn't Jones. But 175lb Marcus Jones is a lot easier to bring down 260lb Chandler Jones.

People (plural) blamed Jones and not Meyers for the TD. If people (plural) did that, one would assume that you ran across multiple posts in which people said that the TD was not Meyers’ fault and was, instead, Mac’s. Such posts do not exist. What you’re referring to are singular analyses on a micro level which state Mac should have been able to bring down Jones.

These posts do not, in fact, say that the TD was not Meyers’ fault. Now, maybe you worded your OP poorly. If that’s the case, just say so. If not, then you need to stop making up scenarios in your head that have no basis in reality just so you can white knight a little easier for Mac. The board has already been tribal enough as it is without the need to construct straw men which collapse even under the smallest amount of scrutiny.

Great post and break down of the play. I am still angry and thought he could have at least grabbed his foot and/or leg and held on for dear life until help came. I guess not...

Reactions: Ian
I’m surprised nobody has noticed Jacobi’s awful answer as to why he threw it almost back to the LOS saying “I thought Mac was open”. No reporters followed up asking him what he expected Mac to do with it next? There’s nobody else to lateral it to. If Jacobi isn’t benched for this but Bourne gets cancelled because he hurt Matt’s feelings, it goes against everything Bill stood for in the past and shows how dysfunctional they have been since that one guy left.

That’s great, but it doesn’t do anything besides move the goal posts from your original contention…

People (plural) blamed Jones and not Meyers for the TD. If people (plural) did that, one would assume that you ran across multiple posts in which people said that the TD was not Meyers’ fault and was, instead, Mac’s. Such posts do not exist. What you’re referring to are singular analyses on a micro level which state Mac should have been able to bring down Jones.

These posts do not, in fact, say that the TD was not Meyers’ fault. Now, maybe you worded your OP poorly. If that’s the case, just say so. If not, then you need to stop making up scenarios in your head that have no basis in reality just so you can white knight a little easier for Mac. The board has already been tribal enough as it is without the need to construct straw men which collapse even under the smallest amount of scrutiny.

I was giving you an example. I am not here to do your research for you.

But I assume you found the posts and realize that I was right. Ironically, you mock me for not calling out people, but even after saying anyone who said that Jones was at fault for the TD should be called out and mocked, you didn't do it yourself.

I do think it is funny you spent this much time trying to find posts to prove me wrong rather than either taking me at my word or just assumed I was lying and moving on.

I was giving you an example. I am not here to do your research for you.

But I assume you found the posts and realize that I was right. Ironically, you mock me for not calling out people, but even after saying anyone who said that Jones was at fault for the TD should be called out and mocked, you didn't do it yourself.

I do think it is funny you spent this much time trying to find posts to prove me wrong rather than either taking me at my word or just assumed I was lying and moving on.
Actually, I didn’t. No such posts that absolve Meyers and blame Mac 100% exist in that thread. Since you’re already calling out posters, why not just show me what you’re talking about?

Actually, I didn’t. No such posts that absolve Meyers and blame Mac 100% exist in that thread. Since you’re already calling out posters, why not just show me what you’re talking about?

Nope. Sorry. I gave you enough clues to find it.

Nope. Sorry. I gave you enough clues to find it.
Okay, so it doesn’t exist. Since I gave you an out/the benefit of the doubt to admit that the post was poorly worded, and you didn’t take that out, then one can safely assume that you conjured multiple posters SPECIFICALLY saying that the play was Mac’s fault, and that Meyers had nothing to do with it, out of thin air. It didn’t happen. It is in your head. Not one post in that thread says that.

Okay, so it doesn’t exist. Since I gave you an out/the benefit of the doubt to admit that the post was poorly worded, and you didn’t take that out, then one can safely assume that you conjured multiple posters SPECIFICALLY saying that the play was Mac’s fault, and that Meyers had nothing to do with it, out of thin air. It didn’t happen. It is in your head. Not one post in that thread says that.

It does exist. Not my problem you cannot find it. And the post blamed Jones for the TD. Didn't specifically about Meyers, but clearly puts all the blame on Jones.

How's he going to grab his leg when his 35 1/2 inch arms on his head?

Chandler Jones is a 6'5" 266 lb all-pro monster that practices martial arts with his monster of a brother. His arms are incredibly long, a physical trait he uses to dominant 300+ lb monsters.

There was also no help coming, no one was even close to Mac to come and help him, he would have had to hang on for like 4-5 seconds

This take is obnoxious
Mac was also clearly not expecting that. If he had, he would have begun his pursuit to the football when Meyers first looked his way.

It does exist. Not my problem you cannot find it.
No, it doesn’t. You never responded to a single post which said what you thought it said in your OP. You either misread a post on that thread or you set up a straw man in this one. I had assumed you worded your OP poorly, essentially giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you didn’t admit that. So, since such a post with the following criteria doesn’t exist:

1. A statement that the final play was not Meyers’ fault, and…

2. A statement that the final play was Mac’s fault for not making the tackle

… then one can safely assume that you were purposely creating a straw man that has no basis in reality. I read through your responses in that thread. Not a single post makes that claim.

It does exist. Not my problem you cannot find it. And the post blamed Jones for the TD. Didn't specifically about Meyers, but clearly puts all the blame on Jones.
************, just quote the friggin post already. Or give up.

He can’t quote it. It doesn’t exist. If it did, I’d be the first person to call that poster a moron.

I will. Already have. Talk to Kontra. He is the one obsessed with me proving what I stated. I gave him all the information needed to find the posts. He just won't give it up. I really don't care other that to see how much of his day he will spend trying to find the information.

I will. Already have. Talk to Kontra. He is the one obsessed with me proving what I stated. I gave him all the information needed to find the posts. He just won't give it up. I really don't care other that to see how much of his day he will spend trying to find the information.
It really doesn’t take long. If you click on the post number next to the thread, it shows you who replied and what their reply was. It didn’t take any longer than 10 minutes. Maybe even less than that. You’re already getting upset, though, and that’s clear in your last sentence. I gave you another out if you want to take it - that you misread a post in there.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back