PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones OROY discussion

Guys, Mac Jones is -700 to win OROY. It's over. That's like 85% probability. Not that this isn't an interesting discussion, but Jones is firmly in the lead and only a major collapse could cause him not to win it.

Ok, my eyes are going bad and when I first looked at this thread thought it read “Mac Jones ORGY discussion”. LoL
Hey, if that's what floats your boat. . . .

Not Mac that’s for dam sure.
You could've just stopped at "Not Mac"

For damn sure? That's a little overboard. I'd probably still go with Lawrence but knowing what we know now and having full hindsight, it's definitely not a for damn sure thing

Mac’s chances of winning the ROY, as well as Little Billy’s chances of winning its COY, are both the same as John Blutarsky’s grade point average.

You could've just stopped at "Not Mac"

For damn sure? That's a little overboard. I'd probably still go with Lawrence but knowing what we know now and having full hindsight, it's definitely not a for damn sure thing

Yes it is.

And not that I would’ve drafted him #1 overall either, but Micah Parsons deserves ROY.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Mac’s chances of winning the ROY, as well as Little Billy’s chances of winning its COY, are both the same as John Blutarsky’s grade point average.
Why are Mac's changes for ROY so low? Who is appreciably ahead of him?

Yes it is.

And not that I would’ve drafted him #1 overall either, but Micah Parsons deserves ROY.
Parsons will be defensive ROY. The offensive ROY is Mac’s to lose. Thought Chase had a shot to take back the award this week but 1 catch for 3 yards isn’t going to do it.

Pats game was a national game and the national perception is even though Mac didn’t have a good game overall he brought his team back from a big hole to make it close.

As for .#1 overall I’d still take Lawrence without a second thought or regret.

If there was one ROY award it would likely be Parsons. He’s in the conversation for DPOY too.

OROY is between Chase and Mac. Chase caught one pass for 3 yards the other day that’s not going to put him back ahead of Mac.

If there was one ROY award it would likely be Parsons. He’s in the conversation for DPOY too.

OROY is between Chase and Mac. Chase caught one pass for 3 yards the other day that’s not going to put him back ahead of Mac.
Yep. As usual our beloved Captain is taking his position to an extreme.

OROY should be Mac and DROY is Parsons in a landslide

Parsons will be defensive ROY. The offensive ROY is Mac’s to lose. Thought Chase had a shot to take back the award this week but 1 catch for 3 yards isn’t going to do it.

Pats game was a national game and the national perception is even though Mac didn’t have a good game overall he brought his team back from a big hole to make it close.

As for .#1 overall I’d still take Lawrence without a second thought or regret.
Meh. I've never been as high on Lawrence as everyone else seems to be. But then I'm not a big college football guy. I remember watching like, a game or two from Clemson and not coming away too impressed with him. Seemed to make a lot of easy throws.

Agree, I think Mac is the front runner. For Chase and any other possible player, it's hard for a WR to keep up a Randy Moss pace for an entire year as a rookie. If Mac just continues the trend, he doesn't even need to change how he's playing, I think he wins it.

So what? Those numbers mean less than nothing to me.

There’s what you think (a legit question) and how voters vote. If this thread is about who is likely to win the award, rather than who we think should win the award, the betting odds are meaningful.

If this poll reflects sentiment then this race will be very close and I think Mac makes or breaks his ORoY campaign this Sunday.

I agree… If - AND ONLY IF - Mac has 3 strong games AND VICTORIES to close the regular season, then the ORoY is his.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
odds say Mac has 90% chance to win it currently

Did "alright" in the 4th quarter?

He led the team to 17 unanswered points, passed for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns. That's a really strong 4th-quarter performance.
Go back and watch the 4th quarter, defense stopped sending pressure and transitioned to prevent big plays… as they should, up 3 scores in the 4th. Mac did most of his damage in garbage time. He did well though- he almost made them pay for it. But don’t confuse that with remarkable play.

Over the season I don’t think it’s exaggerating to say Mac hasn’t really put the team on his back and carried them to victory, but I also don’t think he’s been the reason they’ve lost any- that’s high praise for a rookie. But for 3 quarters against the Colts, I think you could argue Mac was a big reason the offense struggled.

Everyone on this thread is right, Mac will win OROY, but it’s because other rookies contending have faded down the stretch for one reason or another. I don’t think Mac is surging ahead, he’s staying pretty consistent… maybe a slightly above average quarterback who makes some rookie mistakes.

that’s a good place to be in year 1.

There was only one other contending rookie and his production has come back down to earth after an unworldly start. Comparing Macs season with Justin Herbert's last year, on a 7-9 team competing for absolutely nothing isn't doing a service to what it means to play on a playoff contending team.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back