PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac: "I want to be coached harder"

Reich is a west coast guy so not a good fit for the Patriots except if you want them to scrap the EP system and really start completely over.

My guess Bill doesn’t want the change a system that he has been using for 20+ years because in the end as bad as it is we are still running the EP system.

After McD & company went to LV and Bill O'Brien was made unavailable, I would've very strongly considered old friend Chad O'Shea, currently the WRs coach of the Brownies... He's the only one of whom I can think who fits the criteria... Was Flo's OC his first season in Miami, though things didn't end well there...

Dude, he got caught on camera yelling at Patricia. It was the Amazon national broadcast post-game talk. It was all over SM. You can't be this naive.

LOL! Yes, Belichick knows that his players are already upset with the coaching situation and decided to just tank the season because he and Patricia were embarrassed by Jones and it is more important that the world knows it was Jones’ fault than his or Patricia’s job. Screw the locker room!

And I am sure Jones intended to get on the podium and blast Patricia. It is ludicrous to believe that Jones might have done what pretty much any other QB in league would have done in the same situation and take personal responsibility for the offense even stuff that everyone knows isn’t actually his fault.

I know you don’t like Jones, but there is no conspiracy here. He wasn’t ordered to take blame. He just did what any other QB would do not named Zach Wilson.

You mean Andrews & Onwenu... For the 29th overall pick in the draft, Strange69 kinda Sucks too.

Strange hasn't been as good as I'd hoped, but the whole offensive line has been catastrophe. Not validating the pick at all here, but inserting a Rookie into a poorly coached unit was a recipe for him to fail.

Some years ago a colleague and I were talking about an underperformer in our organization and lamenting about how he couldn’t do his job. I said “that’s like getting mad at your dog for not cooking you breakfast.“ It’s the same with Matt. It’s not his fault he was put in a position that he so obviously sucks at. Get him the **** out and find someone that can cook.
What if Patricia asked for the job?

Last edited:
I once hired a guy who, it turned out, couldn't to the job. He was a hard worker, but didn't have the wherewithal. A failure on my part. It was really hard firing him because I knew he really tried hard. But E for effort wasn't going to cut it.
You did him a favor.

No player with any self respect would take orders from a coach to take all the blame for everything wrong with the offense in a press conference. If Belichick ordered any player to take blame for everything wrong with the offense and take blame off the coaching staff, he would lose the locker room. Players would turn on him.
You ought to work for Mac as his Public Relations man.

There is an explanation for everything with a positive Mac narrative.

You ought to work for Mac as his Public Relations man.

There is an explanation for everything with a positive Mac narrative.

LOL! What I provided was simple logic. I am not spouting ridiculous conspiracy theories that Mac Jones was ordered by Belichick to do what virtually every other QB would do in the situation and take personal responsibility for the offense sucking during a post game press conference.

If you actually think Jones was ordered to take blame for the offense and wouldn’t have done that on his own, then you are just blinded by hatred of the guy.

I am not putting a positive narrative in this case. I am just explaining reality. You haters want to kill him for everything and anything.

This is exactly what I’m guessing happened since Brian B was already calling the plays on defense….

At the very least I suspect he accepted the job to further his career.

Caley would have been better. O’Shea, BOB, Gase and a whole bunch of college guys would have been better.

LOL! What I provided was simple logic. I am not spouting ridiculous conspiracy theories that Mac Jones was ordered by Belichick to do what virtually every other QB would do in the situation and take personal responsibility for the offense sucking during a post game press conference.

If you actually think Jones was ordered to take blame for the offense and wouldn’t have done that on his own, then you are just blinded by hatred of the guy.

I am not putting a positive narrative in this case. I am just explaining reality. You haters want to kill him for everything and anything.
What about the Pats last place Redzone offense?

Jones complains that the Pats are holding him back. Not coaching him hard enough. Redzone offense does not require throwing downfield as Mac wants to do. Passes in this part of the field are relatively short to medium throws. Why isn't Jones hitting on these types of passes?

What Mac is really saying is that he wants a competent coach, one that has actually successfully coached an NFL offense before.

If the coach doesn't know what they are talking about, it goes without saying, that the players are not going to perform well.

BB needs to put Patricia back in charge of the defense, Judge back to special teams, and hire BOB or someone else to run the offense.

If you have coaches who have had success in the past, why move them to a different job? Look at McDaniels, he is obviously a very good OC, but he doesn't look like he is going to make it as a HC. This has happened to many a coordinator over the years.

Like Spock told Kirk when he got promoted to Admiral, "being a starship captain is your first best destiny, anything else is a waste of material". basically, stick to what you are good at.

LOL! Yes, Belichick knows that his players are already upset with the coaching situation and decided to just tank the season because he and Patricia were embarrassed by Jones and it is more important that the world knows it was Jones’ fault than his or Patricia’s job. Screw the locker room!

And I am sure Jones intended to get on the podium and blast Patricia. It is ludicrous to believe that Jones might have done what pretty much any other QB in league would have done in the same situation and take personal responsibility for the offense even stuff that everyone knows isn’t actually his fault.

I know you don’t like Jones, but there is no conspiracy here. He wasn’t ordered to take blame. He just did what any other QB would do not named Zach Wilson.
Or like @Kontradiction said, he simply lied. Mac is smart enough to know what to say at the podium but that's not necessarily what he believes. But continue to believe everything Belichick and the rest of the team say at post-game pressers.

Or like @Kontradiction said, he simply lied. Mac is smart enough to know what to say at the podium but that's not necessarily what he believes. But continue to believe everything Belichick and the rest of the team say at post-game pressers.

You do realize QBs lie all the time when they take blame for failures in the offense. But that isn’t what Kontra or you said. You both believe he was told to take blame.

I am sure that Jones believes he needs to do better and he is not playing well. I am sure he believes he shares some of the blame.

But he also correctly believes that he is being set up for failure and he believes he should be provided more support.

You do realize QBs lie all the time when they take blame for failures in the offense. But that isn’t what Kontra or you said. You both believe he was told to take blame.

I am sure that Jones believes he needs to do better and he is not playing well. I am sure he believes he shares some of the blame.

But he also correctly believes that he is being set up for failure and he believes he should be provided more support.
I never said he was told to say anything. I said he knew he screwed up w/ his sideline outburst towards Patricia that went viral and proceeded to deny it was towards anyone and took responsibility for his play. Nobody thinks Mac is dumb.

I never said he was told to say anything. I said he knew he screwed up w/ his sideline outburst towards Patricia that went viral and proceeded to deny it was towards anyone and took responsibility for his play. Nobody thinks Mac is dumb.

Kontra said he was told to take responsibility and I said that would never happen and then you called me naive to believe that. So the issue is you may have a reading comprehension problem.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back