PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac: "I want to be coached harder"

Agreed.

I have never had an anti-BB comment before this week! I really have turned into my father…

It's hard to criticize someone arguably the GOAT in any field. But barring a miracle turnaround this is by far BB's poorest coaching effort since coming to New England. In the back of my mind I hold out the possibility of Patricia/Judge being his fallback when better options fell through, but that's tough to imagine with the connections he must have.

I'm just sick of these threats of censorship & banishment directed at just one/two posters based solely on the Incorrect perception that they're merely trolling and not discussing or opining... Rubs me the wrong way...
I also don't agree with threats of censorship and banishment for someone expressing their opinion about a player(s)...regardless if I agree with the opinion or not. DKF would do this every f'n post.....over and over and over and over....I hated it. Then I clicked ignore...all fixed. I've been here 18 years, I'm not a Mod and I don't know the policy apparently. But I'm not cool with banning someone who is passionate about the team and sometimes doesn't hold back their feelings. Now if someone is attacking another poster...then I agree.

Reactions: Ian
How's about first you run PAST the line to gain when a First Down is needed RIGHT THEN AND THERE, Corky hmmm?
Mac had put in the effort yesterday. Yes certain plays could have been better but we can't fault the kid for not trying. I was listening to radio and they mentioned that in rhams 14 yard run when he took on 9 defenders Mac was in forefront and aped to block Jordan poyer. Which QB does that ? Might not be a wise one but definitely shows passion and grit .

We would be stupid to judge him based on this mess brought in by Bill and his cronies . Sorry my language has changed overnight and i am unable to be rational and say IBBWT. I don't... It's frustrating and we are a royal mess..

Poor Mac always saying the right things but just doesn't translates in the games.

It's really hard to make excuses for the kid you gotta make a play.

Somebody needs to make a bunch of these and hand them out at the next home game

clown.png
I felt the same. Somebody should just hand over 100 -200 tees to make a point on national television.

I felt the same. Somebody should just hand over 100 -200 tees to make a point on national television.

I would feel uncomfortable portraying Patricia as a clown. He probably has been trying in earnest to make things work, he (and BB) just grossly misjudged his capabilities. It's not like he deserves ridicule for trying and failing. Being an overfed oaf is another matter entirely, however.

Some years ago a colleague and I were talking about an underperformer in our organization and lamenting about how he couldn’t do his job. I said “that’s like getting mad at your dog for not cooking you breakfast.“ It’s the same with Matt. It’s not his fault he was put in a position that he so obviously sucks at. Get him the **** out and find someone that can cook.
I once hired a guy who, it turned out, couldn't to the job. He was a hard worker, but didn't have the wherewithal. A failure on my part. It was really hard firing him because I knew he really tried hard. But E for effort wasn't going to cut it.

I would feel uncomfortable portraying Patricia as a clown. He probably has been trying in earnest to make things work, he (and BB) just grossly misjudged his capabilities. It's not like he deserves ridicule for trying and failing. Being an overfed oaf is another matter entirely, however.
Maybe u r right. But at this point this is the best way to convey displeasure and hope for some changes.

Maybe u r right. But at this point this is the best way to convey displeasure and hope for some changes.

I'm sure that already has registered loud and clear where it matters most -- with Robert and Jonathan.

You’re right. The Patriots clearly don’t coach their star players up on talking to the media after games. Never. Not even once. Of course that couldn’t possibly be the reason why he gave the toed the party line after the contest, but screamed at his coaches during the game and blamed them first and foremost in a separate quote afterward. It’s completely imaginary.

No player with any self respect would take orders from a coach to take all the blame for everything wrong with the offense in a press conference. If Belichick ordered any player to take blame for everything wrong with the offense and take blame off the coaching staff, he would lose the locker room. Players would turn on him.

No player with any self respect would take orders from a coach to take all the blame for everything wrong with the offense in a press conference. If Belichick ordered any player to take blame for everything wrong with the offense and take blame off the coaching staff, he would lose the locker room. Players would turn on him.
Dude, he got caught on camera yelling at Patricia. It was the Amazon national broadcast post-game talk. It was all over SM. You can't be this naive.

I was willing to give Matt the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of the year because he's supposed to be a smart guy but he's out of his element, can't blame Mac this year when he's not being coached properly. Hope BB fixes this next year otherwise we're going to be a middling team for a while.

For all you Zappeites, Gasper just said that if they bench Mac for Zappe, there is likely to be a 2009 player revolt or worse. The players are clearly on Jones' side of who is responsible for this offense.

**** Chris Gasper. He's been a Glob-infected Hater for over a decade. Zero credibility.

You mean their productive players that are all having career worst years across the board?

I kinda hope bill puts in zappe so he looks like he did against the bears (5 batted passes, 2 interceptions) and people can understand how poor the coaching and playcalling is. We no longer are playing the sisters of the poor...

Give him a full week of practice with the first-team offense, and I don't see many if any reasons why Zappy would be any worse than Corky has been.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back