PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

M V P

Status
Not open for further replies.
As incredible as Ezekiel has been this year, the QB RUNS the offense where as the RB just takes the ball when called upon. I respect the hell out of EE (though I am very worrisome about the domestic abuse allegations. I take that extremely seriously and have NO tolerance for abuse whatsoever), but Brady is just on another planet and does SO much more with respect to the offense and overall success. EE has been an incredible rookie, but for a RB to win an MVB, they need to have a historic season as an overall RB, not just rookie (assuming a QB doesn't have an incredible year because it probably still trumps all else).
Fair point for sure. I agree with your thoughts.

Should be good to watch over the next 3 weeks.

I think Brady would have to break the TD record for them to give him the Mvp, it just doesn't feel like anyone wants to give him any buzz

After listening to all the bullsh*t going on with baseball HOF voting (F*ck the 'character clause', it's bullsh*t), I honestly don't give 2 sh*ts what voters/writers/anyone has to say. TB12 is the best player in the league, period. No one else's opinion will change that fact. Facts are facts, and the fact is, TB12 is the best ever, including right now.

i personally never cared for an award given by bunch of media writers . Who cares really what peter king and others think and vote really. I never understood the fascination of the mvp award.

After listening to all the bullsh*t going on with baseball HOF voting (F*ck the 'character clause', it's bullsh*t), I honestly don't give 2 sh*ts what voters/writers/anyone has to say. TB12 is the best player in the league, period. No one else's opinion will change that fact. Facts are facts, and the fact is, TB12 is the best ever, including right now.
The thing I always worry about is people trying to tie a players greatness to MVP awards, now obviously Brady makes up for it with 3 super bowl MVPs but to use an MLB example Tim Raines may not get into the baseball hall of fame because of his lack of MVP awards but the only reason he didn't win is because writers had weird ideas about who should win at that time.

Having sat out 4 games Brady is not gonna win on Bulk stats, he is gonna get it on efficiency stats. I think realistically to get it tonight's pick has to be his last of the season with at least 6 more TD's though 8+ to get to 30 does nothing but help. Also the pats need to go 3-0, best record in the league is a must to overcome Fraudgers early season BS. 28 tds to 2 ints is 2010 levels of insanely good protecting the ball and if those 4 games had been lost to injury instead of suspension he would be a shoo in. Another performance like tonight against Denver gives him back to back games against two of the best defenses in the league crushing the weak schedule argument. Basically just keep doing what you do Brady and you deserve to be in the conversation as the favorite.....cuz F$&@ Gotohell

Last edited:
My MVP race is 3 guys. Brady, Elliot and Rodgers.

Rodgers has come back into form recently and has had a very strong 7 or so game run. He leads the league in TDs with only 7 Ints and really is carrying his team. However they NEED to make the playoffs.

Elliot is obviously in it but when RBs win they need to be super special. Elliot is having a very good year but not a special year. Still he deserves mention and can win with Brady/Rodgers slips.

Brady can win it but he probably needs to hit 30 TDs with 3 or less total ints and win the last 3 games. If he does that he makes a very good case with a 10:1 TD/Int ratio that would break his old record.

Let's not forget the fact that no other 39 year old quarterback has ever played at Brady's level. This is an historic season.

Tom not only looked great on field, but off field wearing the hoodie Bill bought him for xmas.

Attachments

• IMG_4619.JPG
    IMG_4619.JPG
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 7
Let's not forget the fact that no other 39 year old quarterback has ever played at Brady's level. This is an historic season.

Favre had a great year at 40 in Minnesota. Brady right now is playing better (but he is the GOAT) however Favre was not far off that year.

Tom takes care of himself very well. It's also critical to have a solid offensive line in front of him. I been impressed with his
mobility outside the pocket.

Rodgers has come back into form recently and has had a very strong 7 or so game run. He leads the league in TDs with only 7 Ints and really is carrying his team. However they NEED to make the playoffs.

Elliot is obviously in it but when RBs win they need to be super special. Elliot is having a very good year but not a special year. Still he deserves mention and can win with Brady/Rodgers slips.

Brady can win it but he probably needs to hit 30 TDs with 3 or less total ints and win the last 3 games. If he does that he makes a very good case with a 10:1 TD/Int ratio that would break his old record.
So, who would be your frontrunner right now then?

Also, do you totally remove guys like Derek Carr from consideration? Same for Prescott?

As a Pats fan I want Brady to get the MVP, but as a general fan I think Le'Veon Bell
might take it, that guy has been putting up some performance this year.

Sure Elliott has had the better season, but honestly it's all about that Oline they have in Dallas. They made a nobody like Murray look like an MVP.

As a Pats fan I want Brady to get the MVP, but as a general fan I think Le'Veon Bell
might take it, that guy has been putting up some performance this year.

Sure Elliott has had the better season, but honestly it's all about that Oline they have in Dallas. They made a nobody like Murray look like an MVP.

Yes, Bell should be given consideration, particularly after Sunday's performance which likely puts him in the conversation. It may end up as a pretty wide open race with 3 weeks left.

If he can pull a win out in Denver with decent stats I think he takes it. That will be a tough task, obviously. Brady generally doesn't do well in that stadium and Denver's season is on the line. Boy would it be nice to shatter Denver's playoff hopes in their building though. GO PATS GO!

i personally never cared for an award given by bunch of media writers . Who cares really what peter king and others think and vote really. I never understood the fascination of the mvp award.

Agreed.
To clarify: the MVP in this thread doesn't necessarily stand for the so-called award (they can give it to whomever they like) but for the notion of MVP; to me at least this game clearly showed that Brady is by far the most valuable player of this league .. and is actually in a league of his own.

i think you have to include Ryan too.

As a Packer fan I wouldn't put Rodgers in the discussion yet. if the Packers run the table and make the playoffs with Rodgers leading the way, then ok.

Right now I'd say Elliot, Brady, Ryan, and then Carr. Matt Ryan is having an unbelievable year, and if he finishes strong, I think he deserves it.

Brady has been great, but that 4-game suspension is going to hurt his chances.

The 4 game "suspension" only underlines why he IS the league MVP and should be every year. We know all you outlanders actually believe the horseshyt deflategrate idiocy and use it to mock a truly GREAT sportsman and even better human being. AFAIC all of you azzhats can FOAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes