PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Loved Daboll’s play calling last night

I also don't know how much of his play calling in the second half was him acting and changing it autonomously. I think a lot of that was Saban flat out telling him at halftime that they were going with the kid and to take the governor off of him because they had nothing to lose.
In Birmingham they love the governor.

giphy.gif

Daboll is part of the BB Circle of Trust.

Uh... yeah...

tenor.gif

...Daboll was on the staff LAST YEAR... I'm old but I'm not senile.

Yet. :)

Sabin pulled a BB in the second half by sitting his starting QB....Not sure if his starter was injured but he made the right move as Bama's Offense looked lethargic in the first half....

Interesting in today's press conference: Someone asked BB about the game and his face lit up, said how it kept him up later than expected etc. Then someone asked about Daboll's play calling and he pretty sharply turned it right back to Tennessee.

Interesting in today's press conference: Someone asked BB about the game and his face lit up, said how it kept him up later than expected etc. Then someone asked about Daboll's play calling and he pretty sharply turned it right back to Tennessee.
He sleeps?

Sabin pulled a BB in the second half by sitting his starting QB....Not sure if his starter was injured but he made the right move as Bama's Offense looked lethargic in the first half....

Hurts was totally and completely inept. If he left him in there they would have lost.

If he loved the play calling, do you think he’d give an obvious tell?

Well, might be that BB was seeing the line of questioning pertaining to Daboll being OC if Josh leaves so he shut that right down

We do know BB has chosen Daboll over Josh twice (05 and 2012)

We also know Daboll called plays in the last preseason game which seems to be the opportunity for the understudy to get some playcalling time.

We know BB vouched for Daboll for Saban

So who knows I guess.

With number 2 playing qb, daboll has about 10 percent of the playbook that number 2 can execute.

Once the tua guy took over at qb, daboll finally got to use more of our playbook and things started to flow as the Georgia defense had to respect the passing game.

Well, might be that BB was seeing the line of questioning pertaining to Daboll being OC if Josh leaves so he shut that right down ...

Exactly. I think he saw what was coming and pushed things back on track.

I tell who won't ever be on BB's staff: anyone from Georgia's coaching staff. Just an awful job by them in the second half.

Are you sure BB can't find a spot for this guy? haha

GZaGotZ.gif

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back