PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lots Of Progress At WR and TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Brady gets tired of throwing touchdowns to Dorsett and Berrios he then has the luxury of racking up a few more TD’s with Lacose and ASJ. An embarrassment of riches indeed.

Pats will have a balanced scoring attack ...we won't see pass,pass,pass as much anymore unless their D is porous and the situation demands it....

the Thomas/ASJ moves are veteran insurance......they're probably not going to have pro bowl years, but they don't need to......they will contribute something unless they get passed on the depth chart.......I think both have something to give.....I would take this year's DT over 2006 Reche Caldwell....I would take ASJ over Chris Baker.......both signings are relative zero risk

they're not done though

Progress????

Gordon may never play in the NFL again

DT is over the hill

Edelman is great but on the wrong side of 30

Ellington sucks

Dorsett is a JAG

ASJ is a JAG

Lacrosse sucks

Get our 42 year old QB some young legitimate weapons!!!

So far this looks like it's going to be a 2006/2013 kind of year :(
Word(s).
Unless there are up-coming trades of which we are unaware - because there is Absolute Zero in the free agent marketplace - then Bill absolutely, positively MUST hit on Each and Every one of his top-134 draft picks...which would be nice...for a change...

Or Belichick could hit on the very small percentage you think he hits on, and be the favorite to win the AFC and the SB. [as has been the case in the past decade].

Belichick personnel choices have been good enough to be the very best by far in the NFL. You object so often that a pick that object to is more likely than not to be a fine choice.
=====
To believe that Belichick "absolutely, MUST hit on all 7 is pure silliness. Besides, it is not possible for you to be satisfied with the picks, even if he picks everyone you want (which obviously wouldn't be best for the team).

Word(s).
Unless there are up-coming trades of which we are unaware - because there is Absolute Zero in the free agent marketplace - then Bill absolutely, positively MUST hit on Each and Every one of his top-134 draft picks...which would be nice...for a change...

When Brady gets tired of throwing touchdowns to Dorsett and Berrios he then has the luxury of racking up a few more TD’s with Lacose and ASJ. An embarrassment of riches indeed.

I agree with the embarrassment part why can't the GOAT get a Stud at WR not named Edelman.:cool:

The title of this thread cannot honestly be serious.

Is Humphries that much better than Agholor? They are roughly the same size, same age(25) and have comparable stats after 60 games played.
NA 6' AH 5'11"
NA 2151 yds AH 2329 yds
NA 15tds AH 9tds
NA 185 rec AH 219 rec
Humphries has a higher catch %
I haven't followed either of them that much, just looking at stats and some highlights. If your getting NA for 9 mil would be cheaper than what we'd of paid for AH.

Receiver that had decent production early on, hitting his prime, what's the knock on him?

Is Humphries that much better than Agholor? They are roughly the same size, same age(25) and have comparable stats after 60 games played.
NA 6' AH 5'11"
NA 2151 yds AH 2329 yds
NA 15tds AH 9tds
NA 185 rec AH 219 rec
Humphries has a higher catch %
I haven't followed either of them that much, just looking at stats and some highlights. If your getting NA for 9 mil would be cheaper than what we'd of paid for AH.

Receiver that had decent production early on, hitting his prime, what's the knock on him?
You’re right that they’re comparable players, but the main difference here is that Humphries was a FA.

You’ve got to think that Philly would be looking for a fairly decent draft pick for the former 20th overall selection, and he’s also currently in the last year of his deal.

You’re right that they’re comparable players, but the main difference here is that Humphries was a FA.

You’ve got to think that Philly would be looking for a fairly decent draft pick for the former 20th overall selection, and he’s also currently in the last year of his deal.
I see, still wouldn't be upset if they took a shot at him, obviously that depends on how high of a draft pic they're looking at. I just like the age, size, production, has some good playoff experience, nice SB.

Would love to see a trade for Youth/experience/production at WR, hopefully they can swing a deal.

I see, still wouldn't be upset if they took a shot at him, obviously that depends on how high of a draft pic they're looking at. I just like the age, size, production, has some good playoff experience, nice SB.

Would love to see a trade for Youth/experience/production at WR, hopefully they can swing a deal.
I just think that there are some intriguing prospects out there, and that someone will be added (on the cheap) tomorrow or Friday night via the draft.

You’re right that we could do worse than Agholor, but personally, I have a hard time seeing Belichick trading away a 2nd or 3rd rounder just to have to pay him 9m this year AND negotiate a new long term deal for next year.

I just think that there are some intriguing prospects out there, and that someone will be added (on the cheap) tomorrow or Friday night via the draft.

You’re right that we could do worse than Agholor, but personally, I have a hard time seeing Belichick trading away a 2nd or 3rd rounder just to have to pay him 9m this year AND negotiate a new long term deal for next year.
Lol there are so many things I have hard time seeing Bill do, then he doesn’t them. The draft should be good fun, Bill could trade up, down or sideways tomorrow if possible.

No chance of that happening.

If he were $5m maybe...

Now we're making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back