PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking Ahead: Week 1 @ Buffalo

He looks more accurate in the short passing game than Mallett in the Colts highlights. I guess that's not saying much. Didn't he lose the starting job last year at Wash. State?

Jeff Tuel vs Colts - 2nd Half - YouTube

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 11m
Patriots had worked out QB Jeff Tuel before the draft. Intel could be part of game-plan prep.

An undrafted rookie QB is starting and a terrible defense is without their #1 CB.

What the hell is the line going to be, 16.5?

What the hell is the line going to be, 165?
Fixed :p

If Tuel starts the only player the Pats need to worry about is Spiller and he should get the Marhsall Faulk treatment all game long to help nullify him.

They said the hope is for EJ to be ready, but as of now they have to proceed as if Tuel will start.

I bet EJ plays, but regardless, the loss of Gilmore is HUGE for us. Not good at all.

He looks more accurate in the short passing game than Mallett in the Colts highlights. I guess that's not saying much. Didn't he lose the starting job last year at Wash. State?

Jeff Tuel vs Colts - 2nd Half - YouTube

He actually looked pretty good in those highlights. Playing against 2nd team defenders but he was accurate and made good reads. Looks a hell of a lot better then Mallett has for us.

An undrafted rookie QB is starting and a terrible defense is without their #1 CB.

What the hell is the line going to be, 16.5?

I know how quickly it's going to hit the fan around here if the game is a close one.

I know how quickly it's going to hit the fan around here if the game is a close one.

It-s-a-trap!.jpg

With their QB situation, this should be the Patriots' 5th pre-season game. I bet BB will be holding as many cards as he can during this game, to show the Jets as little as possible.

After tape review of the Bills third preseason game I think given all of their injury concerns at QB and losing Gilmore makes them exceptionally vulnerable at this point.

Their defense, while good, needed Gilmore to offset some of their issues. He would've been a huge factor in essentially making it 10-on-10. McKelvin will get lit up by Brady if the Bills attempt to use that same scheme.

I expect the Patriots to win with minimal to moderate difficulty.

no gilmore in the secondary? Even with a bunch of new guys brady should tear them up....lets just hope the Oline doesn't pull a detroit on us

Should we even show up for that game...mightbe our easiest win yet poor Bills.

From Pats on Facebook:

1234127_10151822315512372_134950700_n.jpg

Yessssssss ......

Last edited:
can't wait until 5 days :)

I am going to try to revive this thread because I am sick of talking about 2 things that don't matter for this season:

1. Will Tim Tebow make the team? (who cares at this point; he'll never see the field)
2. Aaron Hernandez (no longer on the team; made his own bed, now he can lie in it)

How do you think the Pats will handle Buffalo's rookie QB? Does anybody know anything about him? I am hoping that because we don't have a lot of film on him he isn't able to carve up the Pats, which has been a problem for us in recent years. Thoughts?

How do you think the Pats will handle Buffalo's rookie QB? Does anybody know anything about him? I am hoping that because we don't have a lot of film on him he isn't able to carve up the Pats, which has been a problem for us in recent years. Thoughts?
The scouting report on Jeff Tuel is pretty straight forward. Weak-armed, fairly inaccurate on intermediate to deep routes and his passes lack velocity. He doesn't really drive the football and most of his passes look like floaters. He comes from a shotgun based offense in college where he had to make minimal progression or pre-snap reads. He does have some athleticism though (4.6-40 time).

Basically he's not the type of QB that can "carve up" the Patriots, at least not from the pocket anyway. I think at that this point if he's the starter for the Bills in week 1 it won't be much of an issue. Matt Leinart would probably pose a bigger threat as a QB from the pocket and Leinart wouldn't pose a threat at all.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back