PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking Ahead: Week 1 @ Buffalo

Right on cue. The Pats have one bad meaningless game, while adjusting positions against a team who admittedly called that game their "superbowl", and the chest pounding division rivals open an account at Patfans. I guess we wont see much of you after that abysmal display your "If not better than Detriots" defense performed today. Same thing every year. Sorry, but the Bills looked sad today. I was on your board where many were saying the Pats and Brady were on a decline after the Lions game. But the Bills/Skins game is "only preseason" Cant have it both ways. The Bills are not on the top of my list of worries this year. Sorry

Fail.

SBR, you may want to check his 'join date' before you say that. On top of that I wouldn't consider his assessment of the week one game as chest pounding; I thought it was relatively objective (albeit with an ample amount of homer optimism).

The Bills fan predicted that the Patriots will win by 18 in one scenario, and that the Pats will still win but by a closer score in the second scenario. What's the problem?

While there surely were indeed many on their fan forum confident in a Buffalo win in week one (which is to be expected), I thought this person gave a fairly reasonable preview. Personally I welcome comments like this from fans of other teams rather than trying to run them off; they have far more insight in to what's going on with those clubs than any of us do.

That being said, I do agree that the Bills did not look good today against Washington.

Last edited:
Gimore to have MRI tomorrow..if bad or even minor he still may miss week one. Their #1 CB vs brady...ouch

Tough run of possible injuries for the Bills in this one. Barring Gronk, health is something we've definitely been lucky with as Pats fans.

Tough run of possible injuries for the Bills in this one. Barring Gronk, health is something we've definitely been lucky with as Pats fans.

In no particular order of player importance or extent of injury, I think the real number is more than one..........

Dennard, ras I , arm stead, amendola, cannon, fells, Cunningham, ebner,

In no particular order of player importance or extent of injury, I think the real number is more than one..........

You have teams all over the league losing starters for the entire year and you're going to point out these guys in the pre-season?

Man, we Pats really do have it easy.

Amendola is probably minor and he was held out because the Pats were looking to limit him in the weeks leading up to the regular season and this was an opportunity because he was a little nicked up.

Dennard for whatever reason I think if he comes out of the probation hearing Tuesday and his availability for Week 1 is in the Pats favor, I think he will be ready to go Week 1.

Cannon after this week seems to be working his way back and I think will be ready to go Week 1.

Armstead- Starts the year on NFI and when they feel he is ready they activate him

Fells, Ebner, Cunningham and Dowling contributed next to nothing between the 4 of them last year. And all of them were on the proverbially bubble coming into camp.

Amendola is probably minor and he was held out because the Pats were looking to limit him in the weeks leading up to the regular season and this was an opportunity because he was a little nicked up.

Dennard for whatever reason I think if he comes out of the probation hearing Tuesday and his availability for Week 1 is in the Pats favor, I think he will be ready to go Week 1.

Cannon after this week seems to be working his way back and I think will be ready to go Week 1.

Armstead- Starts the year on NFI and when they feel he is ready they activate him

Fells, Ebner, Cunningham and Dowling contributed next to nothing between the 4 of them last year. And all of them were on the proverbially bubble coming into camp.

I was merely responding to poster claiming we had only one injury and were lucky in the health department. Certainly Gronks situation is the number one injury story of camp.

No question, most, if not all are coming back from their injuries as you pointed out - assuming the bubble doesn't pop for some of them.

Just felt the need to point out that we are not totally escaping scott free with injuries as the initial poster suggested.

I was merely responding to poster claiming we had only one injury and were lucky in the health department. Certainly Gronks situation is the number one injury story of camp.

No question, most, if not all are coming back from their injuries as you pointed out - assuming the bubble doesn't pop for some of them.

Just felt the need to point out that we are not totally escaping scott free with injuries as the initial poster suggested.

Relative to other teams we are and in recent years, relative to others, we have.

Relative to other teams we are and in recent years, relative to others, we have.

I won't disagree with that!

Now, the most important development this evening is the fact that with Kolb suffering a concussion, it is possible we will be facing one of the two qb's currently enroute to buffalo as I type.

That would be Matt leinhart and john beck......wow!

Even with their Week 1 QB in question Bills fans still judging the Pats by the Lions game yet totally disregard what the Redskins just did to them.

Whether it's Manuel, Lewis, or Leinart, this will be a very ugly scoreboard week 1.

Wow. What a crazy turn of events for him. Poor guy.

I guess Bills signed Matt Leinart and Thaddeus Lewis.

Wow, that's terrible. Best wishes to him.

While I would never take a team for granted, until the Bills get a QB, I'm not too worried.

EJ manuel looks to be starting vs NE week 1

EJ manuel looks to be starting vs NE week 1

I know all that Belichick vs rookies and all that

I think it's an advantage to see a new coach in week 1

OK, am I the only one who thinks that the common wisdom about Belichick vs. rookie QBs (and to a lesser extent rookie coaches) is totally backwards?

BB is a game-planning coach. He gives his team advantages by configuring his O & D for each opponent, analyzing their schemes and personnel and limiting their strengths. So the less film he has on an opponent, the less of a game-planning advantage he has. My memory is that rookie QBs tend to give the Pats fits. Playing week 1 against a brand-new QB with a brand-new coach is my nightmare matchup.

OK, am I the only one who thinks that the common wisdom about Belichick vs. rookie QBs (and to a lesser extent rookie coaches) is totally backwards?

BB is a game-planning coach. He gives his team advantages by configuring his O & D for each opponent, analyzing their schemes and personnel and limiting their strengths. So the less film he has on an opponent, the less of a game-planning advantage he has. My memory is that rookie QBs tend to give the Pats fits. Playing week 1 against a brand-new QB with a brand-new coach is my nightmare matchup.

BB has been around the game for 40+ years. He's been around a lot of rookie QBs. They all think similarly and struggle with similar concepts.

BB has been around the game for 40+ years. He's been around a lot of rookie QBs. They all think similarly and struggle with similar concepts.

That seems totally right in theory, but in reality BB's record against rookie QBs in NE is the same as vs. veterans (about 75%) -- despite the fact that the best veteran opponents with the longest careers and best records end up overrepresented in the sample.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back