PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL @ The MCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah......who knows exactly WHERE on the spectrum the concept of WINNING is for Tom Brady........:rolleyes:

Ed from Watertown

@OldSchool_EZ

Replying to
@BenVolin
Brady's not heading to the Chargers or Raiders to fight for second in the division. Just stop.
1:53 PM · Feb 10, 2020·Twitter Web Client

Ben Volin

✔@BenVolin

If Brady's goal is to win, the Patriots are the spot.
But we don't know if that's his top motivation in free agency. Perhaps he just wants something different. https://twitter.com/OldSchool_EZ/status/1226942158902419457 …

Last edited:
This definitely deserved a thread

Yeah......who knows exactly WHERE on the spectrum (yes, MCI I carefully worded that for ya) the concept of WINNING is for Tom Brady........:rolleyes:

Ed from Watertown

@OldSchool_EZ

Replying to
@BenVolin
Brady's not heading to the Chargers or Raiders to fight for second in the division. Just stop.

Ben Volin

✔@BenVolin

But we don't know if that's his top motivation in free agency. Perhaps he just wants something different. https://twitter.com/OldSchool_EZ/status/1226942158902419457 …

Evidently @neuronet isn't sure whether the concept of Winning is Tom Brady's top motivation either......

Yeah......who knows exactly WHERE on the spectrum the concept of WINNING is for Tom Brady........:rolleyes:

Ed from Watertown

@OldSchool_EZ

Replying to
@BenVolin

Ben Volin

✔@BenVolin

I think MCI is on the spectrum.

Who do you have in this weekend's game? :D

It's a fair point that we have nothing better to worry about. I just wish we could worry without boosting the attention Volin gets and keeping his job secure.

It's a fair point that we have nothing better to worry about. I just wish we could worry without boosting the attention Volin gets and keeping his job secure.

You're overrating Patsfans.com. This won't put him over the top.

Not everything is black and white. I know that's crazy talk on the internet, but hear me out. Of course Brady is a fierce competitor and wants to win, but there is no doubt that his focus has shifted to some degree to building his brand over the last couple years. Just like Lebron going to LA for reasons other than basketball, I don't think it's far fetched that Brady could have similar considerations. Around here you either agree with something or it's completely idiotic and worthy of ridicule. There is no room for nuance.​

Not everything is black and white. I know that's crazy talk on the internet, but hear me out. Of course Brady is a fierce competitor and wants to win, but there is no doubt that his focus has shifted to some degree to building his brand over the last couple years. Just like Lebron going to LA for reasons other than basketball, I don't think it's far fetched that Brady could have similar considerations. Around here you either agree with something or it's completely idiotic and worthy of ridicule. There is no room for nuance.​

How does going to a city that really doesn't care all that much about NFL football (or, at least, the Chargers) help his brand? Especially if it's one that Gisele allegedly hates?

How does going to a city that really doesn't care all that much about NFL football (or, at least, the Chargers) help his brand? Especially if it's one that Gisele allegedly hates?

Well, for the record, I personally think Brady's top priority is winning. My point was that bringing up other motivations is valid, not that I necessarily agree with it. However, do you really have to ask why being in LA would be better for his life after football than Boston? I'm not saying you specifically, but Bostonians are known for being very parochial and having an inflated view of their own importance. As someone who has lived outside of New England for 15 years now, I can tell you that Boston is an insignificant small town in comparison to LA and NY. The fact that you would even ask why someone would want to be in LA is a little odd.

Yes.

I was told on here once that Bill was on the spectrum.

It’s a big spectrum. I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s true.

Well, for the record, I personally think Brady's top priority is winning. My point was that bringing up other motivations is valid, not that I necessarily agree with it. However, do you really have to ask why being in LA would be better for his life after football than Boston? I'm not saying you specifically, but Bostonians are known for being very parochial and having an inflated view of their own importance. As someone who has lived outside of New England for 15 years now, I can tell you that Boston is an insignificant small town in comparison to LA and NY. The fact that you would even ask why someone would want to be in LA is a little odd.

Word for word, what the MCI wrote:

"But we don't know if that's his top motivation in free agency."

No one said "only" motivation.

Exactly what don't you understand?

Evidently @neuronet isn't sure whether the concept of Winning is Tom Brady's top motivation either......

For the record I'm not confused by the OP but after reading this post I thought it'd be funny if it looked like a lot of people were confused.

Word for word, what the MCI wrote:

"But we don't know if that's his top motivation in free agency."

No one said "only" motivation.

Exactly what don't you understand?

Read my post again. You're proving my point by completely missing the nuance in my post and then attributing your lack of understanding to a lack of understanding on my part.

By the way, you even missed the nuance of the post you quoted. He didn't say that was his top priority. He said IF and WE DON'T KNOW. And you jumped right to "idiot says Brady doesn't want to win."

Last edited:
Am I supposed to know what’s going on in this thread?

Why am I not surprised that Volin is impressed by the Chargers’ shiny toys while ignoring their offensive coordinator’s half of a season of experience and offensive line’s half of a decade of futility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots