PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions hiring Brad Holmes as GM

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Detroit Lions hiring Rams' Brad Holmes as next general manager

"
The Detroit Lions have a new general manager: Los Angeles Rams director of college scouting Brad Holmes.

The Lions reached agreement on a five-year contract with Holmes after interviewing him for a second time Wednesday, a source told the Free Press on Thursday. ESPN was first to report the news."

Good Luck to him.. He's got some good pieces.. Wouldn't be surprised if they Tag Golladay or Okwara. Going to be interesting to see who he wants as a HC..

Good luck to him. That's high praise to compare him to Newsome. He's been part of the entire Rams rebuild so has seen it all.

This hiring means the Rams get two 3rd round comp picks.

The Rams seem to have a decent stash of home picked talent, so I have to imagine he deserves this. The Lions are one of those franchises though... like the Bengals or (until recently) the Browns. I just don't trust them to turn it around. Of course, the Pats were that team prior to Parcells, so eventually, someone will figure it out.

Do we get that if Mayo gets hired ?
Yes. 49ers are getting two thirds in the same way, after NYJ hired Robert Saleh.

San Fran was giving Detroit glowing reports about him, practically begging the Lions to sign him.

Yes. 49ers are getting two thirds in the same way, after NYJ hired Robert Saleh.

San Fran was giving Detroit glowing reports about him, practically begging the Lions to sign him.

Good for Saleh. He's been in the mix a couple cycles. 49ers have had a good defense multiple years.

How does saleh qualify as a minority? He is Lebanese. Is that a minority group?

They haven’t hired him yet last I read they were leaning towards Dan Campbell

Apparently he is in the eyes of 345 Park Avenue. There was a long winded announcement regarding the new rules last May, but they never defined what is a minority, or what the line is between the two groups. For example Ron Rivera qualifies as a Latin American. Saleh apparently qualifies as the son of Lebanese immigrants? Sounds as though he would still qualify even if his ancestors moved to America 150 years ago.

What a weird odd post. Apparently he's muslim and arab american. What are you trying to really say ?

Apparently he is in the eyes of 345 Park Avenue. There was a long winded announcement regarding the new rules last May, but they never defined what is a minority, or what the line is between the two groups. For example Ron Rivera qualifies as a Latin American. Saleh apparently qualifies as the son of Lebanese immigrants? Sounds as though he would still qualify even if his ancestors moved to America 150 years ago.

But Lebanese is a nationality not a race, right? It seems an Irish American would qualify too.

edit: I perused the link and didn’t see any definition for minority.

Last edited:
What a weird odd post. Apparently he's muslim and arab american. What are you trying to really say ?

Jesus this board
I am not “trying to say” anything. I am asking a question. You know that’s something you do when you don’t understand something. You ask others
I recognize that everything you post is attempt to imply things, but that’s is a you issue, not normal.

I am asking he is Lebanese. Muslim is a religion, you can’t classify minority based upon religion.
What is the difference between

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back