PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's not overreact

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good pep talk.

However, Brady is limited in the passing game if Dorsett has to play before learning the system, and having Brady trust him a bit (which will likely take several weeks of practice time). With Danny having his 3rd concussions, there seems to be a need for more than chemistry.

Didn't Blount lead the league in rushing TD's? I'm 100% fine with running the ball in every time, as long there is always the option to compete a pass.

We were not prepared. Not enough chemistry yet on offense and no answer for KC's. Still we moved the ball. 27 points and blown opportunites for more. Brady missed on some of those opportunities but people are freaking out about no TD passes but since when is it a negative that we called running plays to score on the goal line? It seems to me that is smart football. Sure it doesn't raise the qb rating but is that what it's all about? I think they will get better. People here over react to every play and series, let alone a game. Obviously they have things to work on. I have a feeling they are working on them and are indeed on to the Saints.

^ Ive been hearing a lot of people talking about the lack of td passes. I agree though, I don't care if we run or pass as long as we score. I care about wins most, not stats. No, I don't play fantasy football either.

This is a good pep talk.

However, Brady is limited in the passing game if Dorsett has to play before learning the system, and having Brady trust him a bit (which will likely take several weeks of practice time). With Danny having his 3rd concussions, there seems to be a need for more than chemistry.

Didn't Blount lead the league in rushing TD's? I'm 100% fine with running the ball in every time, as long there is always the option to compete a pass.
So chemistry with new personnel will take some time. He did throw two in the end zone that got called back. We're going to have get the backs more envolved too. We have talent. I'm more worried about giving up 42 points.

Last edited:
Since when is seeking to explain some of the factors that led to a result "making excuses"?
Lol. Somebody needs to switch to decaf.

Oh please dude you sound so ****y. It's called losing to the better team. The 2008 Patriots were not good, and the Ravens were better.
I sound "****y" because I'm comparing the motion, option reads, etc to the infamous Wildcat game of 2008, where the opposition used some of the same types of misdirection plays, direct snaps, etc? What the hell are you possibly talking about?

By the way, the Wildcat game in 2008 was a 38-13 home loss to the Dolphins, which occurred early season in the month of September, which is yet another reason why it reminded me of that type of loss. No one but you is bringing the Ravens into the discussion, although I'm not even sure why? Also, the 2008 Pats were 11-5, so they couldn't have been *that* bad.

will the Pats even win ONE game this season?...it's real.....starts coughing and choking up white feathers...bad.

Not sure why anyone is talking about history. I don't care what the Patriots did 14 years ago. I don't care what they did last year. This year is THIS year. So whatever "history" has showed us can go flying out the window. The Patriots went 1-0 last year, and then won the SB. The Patriots went 1-0 in 2015 and lost to the Broncos in the AFCCG. It doesn't mean anything.

And the LB's were horrible after DH left for the game. KC exposed them and the run defense. They ran all over them. It was extremely embarrassing honestly watching this unfold. To lose a close one is something. It happens. But to lose like that in front of your home crowd? Just crushing.

Also Brady looked very bad. I've never seen him overthrow that many balls. Do I dare say he looked like *gulp* 2015 Peyton Manning there? It's too early to tell, but keep an eye on him. Eventually Brady's age will catch up. It's just the way it is.

And it doesn't get easier facing the Saints and Drew Brees next week who will shred this defense apart if they played the way they did on Thursday. If you think KC's offense, which isn't even that good was bad, wait till you face the Saints who are top 5 in offensive categories almost every single year.

Troll

As I try to move on to New Orleans the current knife sticking PFT headline is Brady has the lowest QB completion % after week 1

No comments are posted yet I'm curious what % of posters will predict Brady's demise.

Well, the pressure for an undefeated season is off.

There was never any pressure for an undefeated season.. anyone who legitimately thought they'd go 19-0 just doesn't understand the NFL well enough

The media talked about an undefeated season more so than Pats fans tho IMO.. but that's because the media loves building people/teams up so they can shred them later

Losing je11 hurt. But if this offense is healthy in dec-feb, it'll be a top 3 offense.
Dola will be back, Mitchell likely back, by then all the new guys,cooks,Allen gillislee,burkhead should have chemistry with TB12.
Im not counting much on dorsett. He just hasn't had the time to work with TB and the o. But if he can provide an occasional deep threat by dec., that would be great. It would allow cooks to play more in the slot, where he's really dangerous.The ol is excellent.

The biggest problem would be on D, IF High is out. He's the one irreplaceable player on defense. Pats go from a top 3 D to 10-15 w/o him imo. It's not just that he does so many things well, it's that our lb group as a whole is thin.
The DL is good and deep,especially at dt/nt. I think the des are fine with flowers and wise.
The secondary is one of the best and also deep. I think only the Giants and Seahawks units are in the same class.
But both ilb and olb are thin after High. He covers up a lot.

The good news for me is that we play in a weak division. We can afford to lose a couple games.

If this team is fully healthy( that means the main key players at 90%), then I don't care about the record or the seeding. The Pats would beat any team at any venue.

Personally, I'm going to enjoy the season and the struggles, watching how BB et al compensate for the personnel losses.
Life is too damn short to be crying about football. I'm going to enjoy the ride. Regardless of where we end up.

Losing je11 hurt. But if this offense is healthy in dec-feb, it'll be a top 3 offense.
Dola will be back, Mitchell likely back, by then all the new guys,cooks,Allen gillislee,burkhead should have chemistry with TB12.
Im not counting much on dorsett. He just hasn't had the time to work with TB and the o. But if he can provide an occasional deep threat by dec., that would be great. It would allow cooks to play more in the slot, where he's really dangerous.The ol is excellent.

The biggest problem would be on D, IF High is out. He's the one irreplaceable player on defense. Pats go from a top 3 D to 10-15 w/o him imo. It's not just that he does so many things well, it's that our lb group as a whole is thin.
The DL is good and deep,especially at dt/nt. I think the des are fine with flowers and wise.
The secondary is one of the best and also deep. I think only the Giants and Seahawks units are in the same class.
But both ilb and olb are thin after High. He covers up a lot.

The good news for me is that we play in a weak division. We can afford to lose a couple games.

If this team is fully healthy( that means the main key players at 90%), then I don't care about the record or the seeding. The Pats would beat any team at any venue.

Personally, I'm going to enjoy the season and the struggles, watching how BB et al compensate for the personnel losses.
Life is too damn short to be crying about football. I'm going to enjoy the ride. Regardless of where we end up.
I agree with most of what you said, however this one is a huge no. Everyone knows HFA is a must in NFL. And the Patriots far better at home than on the road, especially in the playoffs. Were you saying this back in 2015? You do realize because of that type of attitude the Patriots had to go to Denver that year because they lost the number 1 seeding to them, and of course they got eliminated. It probably would've been different if they went to New England seeing how Peyton never won there in the playoffs.

Watching the KC game again and the first Pat series was great. Brady's first miss was huge but that could be jitters. The rest of the series was like butter. Still amazed that an offense with Brady, Cooks, Gronk, Lewis and Allen just to name a few was so disjointed.

Also, why all the end arounds with Amendola? With Cooks or Dorsett maybe but no more with Amendola!

As I try to move on to New Orleans the current knife sticking PFT headline is Brady has the lowest QB completion % after week 1

No comments are posted yet I'm curious what % of posters will predict Brady's demise.

and after week 1, St Louis is the #1 offense in the NFL....sample size of ONE

We gave up a fourth rounder for Dwayne Allen and so far he stinks
He was wide open on an early play. Brady flat out missed him. He also delivered a couple of devestating blocks. I know that isn't sexy enough for some people, but it's pretty important to Bill I expect.

New Orleans has been a top five offense for years. In that dome? Yeah this D is getting lit. The saving grace is NO doesn't have the pass rush KC does.
They sure lit it up last night. NO has been 7-9 for two years in a row for a reason.

He was wide open on an early play. Brady flat out missed him. He also delivered a couple of devestating blocks. I know that isn't sexy enough for some people, but it's pretty important to Bill I expect.

You could also note that NE got a 6th back, so it wasn't actually a 4th.

I agree with most of what you said, however this one is a huge no. Everyone knows HFA is a must in NFL. And the Patriots far better at home than on the road, especially in the playoffs. Were you saying this back in 2015? You do realize because of that type of attitude the Patriots had to go to Denver that year because they lost the number 1 seeding to them, and of course they got eliminated. It probably would've been different if they went to New England seeing how Peyton never won there in the playoffs.

This team is better than the 2015 team on both sides of the ball. Much better equipped to handle the loss of je11.

Of course it's better to have the #1 seed.
But if they're healthy, the Pats should be able to beat anyone. The only team that could be trouble is Pittsburgh, as I expect their D to be better this year.
Oakland has no D.
Besides, who's to say Pats won't have the #1 seed anyway?
Long way to go.

Per CSN tonight, Immediately after amendola got hurt brady hit cooks for a long gain..... After that play to cooks, the new England patriots ran 22 offensive players for a total of 35 yards...... That is plenty reason to "overreact"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents