PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's not overreact

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Andy Reid runs a very nice offense, they were 12-4 last year and Reid has torched us in the past

-lets look at the last 6 games

2005 SB: 24 - 21 - McNabb 357 yards
2007 regular season 31-28 - AJ Feely 345 yards
2011 regular season 38-20 - Vince Young 400 yards
2014 regular season 14 -41 - A Smith 248 yards (3 TDs)
2016 playoffs 27-20 - A Smith 246 yards and 44 yards rushing
2017 regular season 27-42 - A Smith 368 yards

I'm more worried about Hightower and 'Dola right now than the loss. We need both of them next week, obviously Danny will be out. We need some leadership on D. Here's to hoping Dorsett can pick the offense up fast.

Andy Reid runs a very nice offense, they were 12-4 last year and Reid has torched us in the past

-lets look at the last 6 games

2005 SB: 24 - 21 - McNabb 357 yards
2007 regular season 31-28 - AJ Feely 345 yards
2011 regular season 38-20 - Vince Young 400 yards
2014 regular season 14 -41 - A Smith 248 yards (3 TDs)
2016 playoffs 27-20 - A Smith 246 yards and 44 yards rushing
2017 regular season 27-42 - A Smith 368 yards
Wow I did not realize this. This at least tells me that this didn't come completely out of nowhere.

We poke fun at Reid and his clock management, but the dude is a damn good coach. Not BB level, but he's among the top in the league after him.

Before the mods delete my post again because they seem to love deleting any posts/topics bashing the Patriots, even though they played like complete ASS, and deserve all the criticism they're getting now I'll have to say this:

I don't care about the previous years. This team got carved up by Alex Freaking Smith for almost 400 yards at their home stadium. That is completely unacceptable. Now imagine next week when the Patriots go against Drew Brees. Do you know what that guy is going to do this defense? He will absolutely destroy them. Look for him to having 450-500 yards if we see the same the garbage that we saw today.

This defense is the worst I have seen from NE as a fan for a while, and that's saying something. This reminds me more of 2008 if anything. This team will go 11-5, and one and done if their defense doesn't change. They will not be able to handle playoff contending teams.

This is really embarrassing. How the hell do you get blown to smithereens by letting the freaking Chiefs score 40+ off you at your home park? When's the last time that's happened? Hell I don't remember the Patriots giving 40 points in ONE game last year. They're 1-1 already in that category this year.

16-0? HA. I would love to know where those delusional fan people are. They're not going 15- 1 either.

I'll never panic during the first game of the season.

A lot of new guys on the team and some who were playing after being here for approximately a week.

Losing Edelman is going to take some time to adjust to. That hurts.

First games of the season suck because there isn't any game film on the opponent. Part of BB and Crews advantage is game planning by finding each team's weakness etc....

Anyways they'll find players to plug and play if necessary and coach up the others.

The team seemed to just sputter on again off again throughout the night. Communication was intermittent on both sides of the ball..

It'll get better.

Last edited:
You don't wanna overreact but you can't hide from the fact there is a lack of talent on defense right now and Brady is 40 and playing well at this age is almost unprecedented, he is the best ever but nothing is guaranteed.

If this continues for another few games then i'll be worried, right now it's mild concern.

Before the mods delete my post again because they seem to love deleting any posts/topics bashing the Patriots, even though they played like complete ASS, and deserve all the criticism they're getting now I'll have to say this:

I don't care about the previous years. This team got carved up by Alex Freaking Smith for almost 400 yards at their home stadium. That is completely unacceptable. Now imagine next week when the Patriots go against Drew Brees. Do you know what that guy is going to do this defense? He will absolutely destroy them. Look for him to having 450-500 yards if we see the same the garbage that we saw today.

This defense is the worst I have seen from NE as a fan for a while, and that's saying something. This reminds me more of 2008 if anything. This team will go 11-5, and one and done if their defense doesn't change. They will not be able to handle playoff contending teams.

This is really embarrassing. How the hell do you get blown to smithereens by letting the freaking Chiefs score 40+ off you at your home park? When's the last time that's happened? Hell I don't remember the Patriots giving 40 points in ONE game last year. They're 1-1 already in that category this year.

16-0? HA. I would love to know where those delusional fan people are. They're not going 15- 1 either.

It's not worse. It's talented but we didn't see it tonight. We saw broken coverage everywhere. I really hope BB lays the stick on this defense this week.

Wow I did not realize this. This at least tells me that this didn't come completely out of nowhere.

We poke fun at Reid and his clock management, but the dude is a damn good coach. Not BB level, but he's among the top in the league after him.

Reid is one of the top 5 coaches in the league. imo.

You don't wanna overreact but you can't hide from the fact there is a lack of talent on defense right now and Brady is 40 and playing well at this age is almost unprecedented, he is the best ever but nothing is guaranteed.

If this continues for another few games then i'll be worried, right now it's mild concern.

Brady's probably pissed right now. I would be shocked if he doesn't have a great game next week.

Ton of injuries on both sides of the ball.. and we decided not to qb sneak it on two fourth and ones. (91 percent succes rate) It happens. Sometimes we deserve to lose. This was one of those times. It happens.

Brady isn't the problem. He was fine. Not great but ok. They put up 27 points. Dola got hurt. etc.. etc...

On one hand, sure, if early season games were a reliable bellwether for the eventual Super Bowl champion, then most winners would look very different. I remember in 2007 after week 3 a Giants fan friend complaining the Giants had no playmakers and couldn't stop anybody. In 2014, the Patriots were 2-2 after week 4, having had no answer for Knowshon Moreno as the Dolphins came from behind to beat them in week 1 and the Chiefs crushing them in week 4 after two unconvincing wins against bad Vikings and Raiders teams. The cautionary tales are endless.

On the other hand, Brady played like a 40 year old, the playcalling was atrocious, injuries are already piling up, and the defense is slow and full of bad players and rookies.

The offense will struggle early but no excuses for this defense to play this poorly.
Why would they need excuses? What does that even mean?
Do you think they owe you an explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back