PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's not overreact

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the game went, and the way the threads go, one would think that Hogan is badly injured.

Watching the KC game again and the first Pat series was great. Brady's first miss was huge but that could be jitters. The rest of the series was like butter. Still amazed that an offense with Brady, Cooks, Gronk, Lewis and Allen just to name a few was so disjointed.

Also, why all the end arounds with Amendola? With Cooks or Dorsett maybe but no more with Amendola!

The way the game went, and the way the threads go, one would think that Hogan is badly injured.
That's what having a real lockdown CB like Peters can do against a guy.

Still, Hogan is our WR3 for all intents and purposes when Danny Amendola is healthy and moving the chains. He will get looks behind Cooks and Amendola.

Sheep. Just because I'm not all positive like some of you clowns doesn't mean I'm a "troll". It's calling being realistic, and realistically this team's defense will get shredded by Brees and the Saints if they play the way they did last Thursday. End of story.

troll

I thought all the reports were that he had a fantastic training camp. Not sure he had any catches at all, did he? Amendola was good all game and was consistently open and caught most of the balls thrown his way.

Gronk looks like he need to play more football. His not playing and the great coverage by Berry basically took him out of the game.

Again, watching the whole game again. Everything looked like a good tight game with all the issues normal of Game 1. The 4th qrt changed everything. Brady looked flustered and the defense made stupid mistakes. Very odd game in many ways and very un-Patriot like.

Sheep. Just because I'm not all positive like some of you clowns doesn't mean I'm a "troll". It's calling being realistic, and realistically this team's defense will get shredded by Brees and the Saints if they play the way they did last Thursday. End of story.

With a join date of November 6 2016, it's clear you are here to troll.

The gameplan against he Saints will be different than against the Chiefs. Not much value in comparing what Smith was able to do with what Brees will be able to do because they will be facing defenses with different objectives.

Yea, KC had fast Rbs that stretch you sideline to sideline, which absolutely shredded us

New Orleans has more north/south, downhill runners which our defense I feel has always been more successful at defending against

NO also doesn't have anywhere near the defensive talent that KC has, so the offense should be able to move the ball effectively and help our D out with time of possession

good news is they scored 27 while leaving points on the table.....not sure how because the offense looked out of sync most of the night

27 against a very good defense

Everyone keeps talking about our putrid D and had NO will throw up 50 pts... conveniently leaving out the fact that NO has had a bottom feeder defense for years and is void of any real talent, so the Pats should be able to shred them

NO doesn't have a Kareem Hunt that will torch us on stretch plays for 250 all purpose yards.. Ingram and Peterson are north/south guys

I'd also bank my money on week 1 being an anomaly or outlier just based on historical data of our defenses under BB and the elite talent we have at various positions, especially in the secondary

Brees won't be breaking tackles and running outside the pocket to complete passes either. He'll be in the pocket and a much easier target for the defense to key in on and disrupt

We definitely have the most entitled and spoiled fan base... They lose their first game to a legit top contender and you have some people freaking out and calling players trash, saying how NO is gonna blow them out, Brady is old and done, we should trade this person and that person for a DE/WR.. etc.. I can't help but laugh

So let's pick a game that we sucked in and then say that if we suck like that against the next team the we'll be shredded. Brilliant. Very bold prediction. Here's one just as brilliant. If we play really good we won't be shredded. Duh.:rolleyes:

I'm loving the overuse of the word "shred" and all its derivatives in this thread!

myself included

Sheep?

Unlike you I have watched them win 5 Super Bowls, and lose 2. I stick with them because they have earned the benefit of the doubt, and it's payed off with seeing the best run of football I will ever see in my lifetime. You, on the other hand, and your crybaby ***** brethren have been quitting on them at the first sign of adversity, or even worse, a loss, or getting behind. And despite the fact that the crybaby hitches have been dead wrong for 17 years running , come in here with your " dose of reality" bullsh..t., when in truth you had your Jammie's on when the Falcons scored their first touchdown and you were no doubt out like a light at 28-3.

Here's the reality, Belichick and Brady have won 5 Lombardis, 7 conference championships and almost 80% of their games. We are lucky to have them, and unlucky quitters like you pretend to be fans.

Or you're a troll, one or the other, doesn't matter to me.

You clearly have an entirely different take on what transpired. I said McGregor would win the fight. The winner of that fight was, without a shadow of a doubt Conor McGregor. But I can see where your confusion comes from. I blame the Marquess of Queensberry rules for not aligning with the rules of a real fight and for failing to conform. That's not on me. You can take your frustrations out on the WBC.
giphy.gif

I don't really care one way or another, but this post is absurd

Everyone who watched saw Mayweather rope a dope McGregor and then systematically dismantle him in the later rounds

It wasn't even a decision, which i thought is how the fight would end... it was a TKO with the ref stopping the fight before McGregor got brain damage

You talked real big in the fight thread and I don't know the facts on any bets that went down.. but if you bet someone that McGregor would beat mayweather in that fight then you very clearly lost that bet

Mental note: never agree to a bet with you, it appears you're not a man of your word and wouldn't honor it

My last comment on the topic

OK. Still on the bridge ... but if they screw up again this week I can feel an epic rant that will just have to come out. Go Pats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents