• Total voters
I'd put both JoJo White and Dennis Johnson ahead of Irving

I'd put Dave Cowens ahead of either McHale or Garnett

Russell
Bird
Havilcek
Cowens
White/Pierce

Cowens and JoJo were awesome. People can position the Lakers greats ahead of the Celtics greats all they want. What matters is titles. Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Shaq and Kobe deserve their due as multiple title winners but Cowens, JoJo, Hondo, Jones and even Tommy need to be right there with them

Randle doesn’t wanna return to the lakers. I read somewhere he wants out. It’s still filled with young players that likely will be shipped to the spurs for leonard.
SA will not ship Leonard to the Lakers anymore than Bill would in similar circumstances.

After Bird you could literally argue every single Lakers All Time Team member is better.

Magic/Kareem/Wilt/Kobe/Lebron are all better than Garnett or McHale. And I know we are all from Boston but that much shouldn't even be controversial.

You should learn about basketball.

That is a fun exercise. I'd say 50, because the outcome is going to be a little less than the sum of these parts. James just won't have the energy to carry the team night after night through a regular season any more. We saw the beginning of that this past season.

The real question is how fast/well the youth matures. Again, I don't think James accelerates that at all, given how the game will need to center around him.

I think he'll help the rookie, Wagner, because Wagner's a shooter who'll get more space, though that still may not be enough to make Wagner a significant option as a rookie. The others? I'm with you on some (i.e. Ball) and unsure on a couple of the others.

I think he'll help the rookie, Wagner, because Wagner's a shooter who'll get more space, though that still may not be enough to make Wagner a significant option as a rookie. The others? I'm with you on some (i.e. Ball) and unsure on a couple of the others.
The 35 wins is somewhat misleading. They had a nice finish to the season after a really bad start. Think they are better than 35 win team going into next season before LeBron. Randle might have been their best player and he’s unlikely to return so that factors in.

I can't be more thrilled to see LaBron go to the Lakers. It is the ideal place for him if you are a Celtics fan. Think of it as the place where LaBron has gone to die. Right now they aren't as good a team as Cleveland was, and James was a year younger. They also have to play a lot of games next year against GS, OKC, Houston, Portland, etc just to get to the playoffs.

Granted I'm sure the Lakers will likely add a few big names to their mix, but that's not likely to happen before 2019 and James ANOTHER year closer to his dotage. Philly and Milwaukee will both be worthy foes for the Celtics in the East, but neither will have the depth of talent that the C's will likely end up with for the coming season, even if they don't add anyone else this offseason.

BTW- Someone should tell Joel Embiid that "the process" is what is happening in Boston. He should remember that the 76ers have had enough top 5 picks this past decade that they should have created multiple "superteams", yet barely managed to wind up with 2 top flight players and a 1-4 playoff series loss against a vastly undermanned Celtics team.

I detest the Lakers. I never had an issue with LeBron before, but I hope they never win another game.

The chances of a C's vs. Lakers finals went way up. That's the match-up I want to see!

You should learn about basketball.
No you should stop being a homer. Anywhere but a Boston sports board and insinuating that either Garnett or McHale are better than any of Wilt, Magic, Kareem, West, or Shaq gets you laughed out of the discussion. There’s a lot of people who would put Kareem/Magic/Wilt ahead of Bird as well, but that’s at least a debate you can have.

I bet tbe raptors are thrilled that lebron’s gone. I think they could challenge us. We need to stay healthy and win as many games and get home court advantage.

No you should stop being a homer. Anywhere but a Boston sports board and insinuating that either Garnett or McHale are better than any of Wilt, Magic, Kareem, West, or Shaq gets you laughed out of the discussion. There’s a lot of people who would put Kareem/Magic/Wilt ahead of Bird as well, but that’s at least a debate you can have.

Yeah I'm pretty surprised at that take, and the Agrees it got. Would be interested to see some justification instead of a condescending comment.

I bet tbe raptors are thrilled that lebron’s gone. I think they could challenge us. We need to stay healthy and win as many games and get home court advantage.
If we stay healthy we should have a pretty easy go of it tbh. Some teams might make it interesting. But overall we should be big favorites. The question will be how we stack up against whoever comes out of the West.

Yeah I'm pretty surprised at that take, and the Agrees it got. Would be interested to see some justification instead of a condescending comment.
He won’t. This is the same board that finds it inconceivable that Jordan is widely considered the GOAT over Russell. Now I’m fine saying you can have a debate, but it takes some real delusion to pretend that Jordan isn’t viewed as the consensus GOAT of the sport. And yes this is a discussion that was had.

I don’t really see how you argue Garnett or McHale over Shaq or Magic or Kareem or Wilt.

He won’t. This is the same board that finds it inconceivable that Jordan is widely considered the GOAT over Russell. Now I’m fine saying you can have a debate, but it takes some real delusion to pretend that Jordan isn’t viewed as the consensus GOAT of the sport. And yes this is a discussion that was had.

I don’t really see how you argue Garnett or McHale over Shaq or Magic or Kareem or Wilt.

McHale in that argument is just silly. He was very good for a few years, and I loved watching him play, loved how he befuddled defenses, but he was not all time good.

McHale in that argument is just silly. He was very good for a few years, and I loved watching him play, loved how he befuddled defenses, but he was not all time good.

McHale was, in fact, "all time good". That's why he made the list of top 50 NBA players of all time.

I think when listing an all time team for a franchise you need to begin by projecting them playing together. Rolling an actual team out onto the floor to play together is where I'd see an advantage to the C's. I could certainly see a lineup of Cousy, Havlicek, Pierce/McHale, Bird and Russell more than holding their own against anything the Lakers could throw at them if only for the reason when you put an all time team together for the Lakers it looks unstoppable until you realize there's only one ball. West was an outstanding team player but good luck to Magic trying to satisfy Shaq, Kobe and Kareem with who gets the rock. Note the selection of either Pierce or McHale out of all the other forwards that might have been chosen was the complimentary nature of their games and their manifest willingness in their prime to suborn their own game to the greater good which is where the folks putting together their Lakers team should be valuing Worthy more and why even though Wilt is arguably the best Laker of all time it would be nuts to roll him out with the others.

Updating the Lakers roster based upon recent events (Rondo to Lakers, Randle renounced)

James
Stephenson
McGee
Kuzma
Ingram
Ball
Caldwell-Pope
Hart
Wagner
Rondo
Lopez (Reportedly likely to return, now, according to some, so I'll leave him on the list for now)

The chances of a C's vs. Lakers finals went way up. That's the match-up I want to see!
Unless the Lakers obtain another superstar, they have little, if any, chance of winning the west.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back