PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LBer Talk: Patrick Queen or Kenneth Murray?

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Hmm. Love ‘em both. Bill wants more athleticism in our currently depleted LB corps. Hightower is getting long in the tooth. No more Van Noy and Collins.

Murray’s my man. Sooner better than the Boz? He’d better be.

Would you be upset if we went linebacker at 23?

Patrick Queen all day every day. Really high ceiling and better than Murray already, imho, in almost all aspects of his game.

But I'd be happy with either.

I prefer Murray to Queen. I fit he fits what we do better, but I wouldn't be unhappy with either.

To be honest, I'd rather pick up Logan Wilson or Malik Harrison at 87. In fact, almost every mock I do has one of those guys to us in the 3rd.

I prefer Murray to Queen. I fit he fits what we do better, but I wouldn't be unhappy with either.

To be honest, I'd rather pick up Logan Wilson or Malik Harrison at 87. In fact, almost every mock I do has one of those guys to us in the 3rd.
Murray is amazing and would be an immediate impact to our LB corp. I like Harrisonas well but his availability at 87th pick would be doubtful. Wilson in round 3 - I am in.

Murray ahead of Queen for me too, maybe Zach Baun ahead of Queen as well...and No I don't think that #23 would be too early; I would be shocked if Bill went WR in the 1st round 2 years in a row, and none of this year's TEs are worth it here...But if he goes OL first, then Malik Harrison or Logan Wilson would be awesome Plan Bs in the 3rd round, though Harrison looks like a late 2nd/early 3rd-round guy...Jordan Brooks isn't a bad Plan C before the end of Day 2 either...Really big drop-off after them unfortunately...

Last edited:
I would be shocked if Bill went WR in the 1st round 2 years in a row, and none of this year's TEs are worth it here...
Especially if by the time #23 arrives the consensus 1st round WR prospects are already taken. I would like the idea of picking up an athletic 1st round LB considering the losses of Van Noy and Collins. None of the LBs currently on the roster are of the type that can fly around the field. But I also wouldn't mind a trade-back to pick up a couple of picks in the 30-75 range.

I like Murray or Malik Harrison over Queen who is undersized for the NFL. Harrison, 6-3, 247 is more versatile as a LB/DL in the aggressive Belichick/Mayo scheme. Harrison would probably still be there in the 2nd round. Besides, BB should go OT in the 1st round.

Would love either or but I think Murray has Patriots written all over him.

Murray and queen are more 4-3 linebackers than 3-4 linebackers.

Murray and Malik Harrison would help with the losses of Van Noy & Collins. I like Patrick Queen as well, but I worry about his size.

Murray and queen are more 4-3 linebackers than 3-4 linebackers.
But our edge players have been more stout and closer to the LOS ever since Chandler Jones was drafted in 2012...IOW, we've been running a 4-3 box more than a 3-4 (AKA First Dynasty) one...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back