PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Laying in bed; Had an epiphany:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you missed the Joe Thomas part

No, in your scenario Jimmy G is traded for Joe Thomas, #12, and a 3rd.

Butler is traded for 32.

32 (Butler) and Solder are traded for Sherman. Thats a bad deal.

Bill Belichick's master plan was laid out before me in a vision.

BB trades JimmyG to Cleveland for pick #12 a 3rd rounder and Joe Thomas

BB trades Malcolm Butler to Saints for pick #32

BB trades Nate Solder and pick #32 to Seattle for Richard Sherman

This was delivered to me on stone tablets as I slept(I accidently smashed them as I got up to take a piss a few hours later so I decided to post them here for posterity)

Solder is 28, Thomas is 32............ I know Thomas was better but is a 33/34 year old Thomas better than a 29 year old Solder? You sure?

Pats trade: Garoppolo, Butler, Solder
Pats receive: #12, Sherman, Thomas

I would do that trade.

Add two HOF caliber players and top-20 pick in exchange for three quality young players, none of whom are likely to be on the team in two years. As mentioned, we also give up some cap space... but we've got plenty to spare.

We get a little older at two key positions, and weaker at QB. But upgrade at LT and CB with veteran leaders who will fit the locker room.

If you could get a little more value in the Seattle trade, that would be cool. Solder + #32 is a pretty high price. I bet Seattle would take less, or give more.

Pats trade: Garoppolo, Butler, Solder
Pats receive: #12, Sherman, Thomas

I would do that trade.

Add two HOF caliber players and top-20 pick in exchange for three quality young players, none of whom are likely to be on the team in two years. As mentioned, we also give up some cap space... but we've got plenty to spare.

We get a little older at two key positions, and weaker at QB. But upgrade at LT and CB with veteran leaders who will fit the locker room.

If you could get a little more value in the Seattle trade, that would be cool. Solder + #32 is a pretty high price. I bet Seattle would take less, or give more.
Nope. Older and more expensive at two key positions isn't an upgrade. How many years remaining on the contracts for Sherman and Thomas? Iirc Sherman has two years left, so not locked up any longer than Butler. Thomas is under contract for just two more years, not much help there either. Bad move all around, IMO

Sorry to bust your vision.. but the saints have to trade there own pick for butler. They cant trade our pick back to us. Hopefully tomorrow night. You will have a more accurate vision.

I see you didn't read the 40,982,398 page thread on Butler from a couple weeks ago.

Is it possible that the OP IS Ray Lewis?

Only if he has a ghost writer; the OP lacks excessive spelling errors and shows an advanced command of the English language.

But he did get to the point, just like RayRay's victims...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back