PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Laying in bed; Had an epiphany:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ive_Killed_People

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Bill Belichick's master plan was laid out before me in a vision.

BB trades JimmyG to Cleveland for pick #12 a 3rd rounder and Joe Thomas

BB trades Malcolm Butler to Saints for pick #32

BB trades Nate Solder and pick #32 to Seattle for Richard Sherman

This was delivered to me on stone tablets as I slept(I accidently smashed them as I got up to take a piss a few hours later so I decided to post them here for posterity)

Bill Belichick's master plan was laid out before me in a vision.

BB trades Malcolm Butler to Saints for pick #32

BB trades Nate Solder and pick #32 to Seattle for Richard Sherman

This was delivered to me on stone tablets as I slept(I accidently smashed them as I got up to take a piss a few hours later so I decided to post them here for posterity)

Sorry to bust your vision.. but the saints have to trade there own pick for butler. They cant trade our pick back to us. Hopefully tomorrow night. You will have a more accurate vision.

Sorry to bust your vision.. but the saints have to trade there own pick for butler. They cant trade our pick back to us
That isn't true at all. The Saints can trade any pick they choose to us.

You're thinking of an offer sheet, and no NFL team has signed a first round tendered player to an offer sheet in 14 years, so it sure as hell isnt happening this year with the #11 pick and Malcolm Butler. The non-delusional fans here have known that for quite sometime.

Of course, Butler would need to sign his tender first, but he'd obviously have no problem doing that with the idea that he'd finally be getting paid from the Saints, or whatever team it would be. I'm sure they discussed some loose framework during his recent visit. I'm sure the purpose of his visit wasn't just to eat gumbo and see the team facility.

Why not add another first next year? Why stop at a top 12 pick, an additional high round pick, and the Browns best player? Surely, our backup QB whose played 1.5 games deserves to command the same type of trade compensation as the top QBs in the game.

Whatever it would take to trade for Aaron Rodgers, multiply that times 2, then throw in an additional high round draft pick.

That deal would add some major cap for us with the addition of Thomas and Sherman to the roster. Sherman accounts for $13.6m cap this season. Thomas is $11.5m It would also be adding some age to two positions. It would also be making Seattle a very strong team. Disagree with the above poster: Jimmy G is worth a lot.

Last edited:
Woke up this morning and "Mr. Ralphie" stood tall and started thinking about what's next.. ;);)

I thought it was the OP until there was an epiphany and a bloody white suit then I knew it was Ray Lewis.

That deal would add some major cap for us with the addition of Thomas and Sherman to the roster. Sherman accounts for $13.6m cap this season. Thomas is $11.5m It would also be adding some age to two positions. It would also be making Seattle a very strong team. Disagree with the above poster: Jimmy G is worth a lot.

Agreed overall, just a few minor points:

- Sherman is roughly $11.4M, as $2M of his salary cap hit is attributed to his signing bonus, which Seattle would eat as dead money, and that applies to year 2 as well, where he'll be signed for $11M.

- Thomas had a $2.5M roster bonus paid out in March 2017, and that would go against the Browns in a trade so you'd be getting him for $9M.

Both players are under contract for 2018, so you get an "extra" year of both compared to Solder/Butler. But still, doesn't change the principle.

If there are bed pans for the brain put one to good use.

Belichick is twisting Clevelands nutsack for the #1 overall.

Much better to simply keep Solder and Butler and trade Garrapolo for the #1 overall, then trade back for multiple pucks and use them for a CB and edge rusher and then some.

If Cleveland doesn't want to cough up the #1 then hang on to Garrapolo for one more year.

Sorry to bust your vision.. but the saints have to trade there own pick for butler. They cant trade our pick back to us. Hopefully tomorrow night. You will have a more accurate vision.
Delete your post quickly before more people form opinions about your NFL knowledge.

So we are essentially trading Butler and Solder for Sherman? Sounds like we got scammed on that one.

Last edited:
So that's what the young kids are calling it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News