PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Laying in bed; Had an epiphany:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an epiphany in bed once. No wait, that was a Tiffany. Never mind.

If you were lying in bed instead of laying, I might believe you. What were you laying?

:D

That isn't true at all. The Saints can trade any pick they choose to us.

You're thinking of an offer sheet, and no NFL team has signed a first round tendered player to an offer sheet in 14 years, so it sure as hell isnt happening this year with the #11 pick and Malcolm Butler. The non-delusional fans here have known that for quite sometime.

Of course, Butler would need to sign his tender first, but he'd obviously have no problem doing that with the idea that he'd finally be getting paid from the Saints, or whatever team it would be. I'm sure they discussed some loose framework during his recent visit. I'm sure the purpose of his visit wasn't just to eat gumbo and see the team facility.

Delete your post quickly before more people form opinions about your NFL knowledge.

I am sorry to all you people i apparently offended. But i dont consider the saints trading a first round pick away to possibly rent butler for a year a real possiblity. Butler has to sign off on it to be traded.. and why would he agree to that he would be in the same spot he is now playing for a worse team heading into free agency next year.

I am sorry to all you people i apparently offended. But i dont consider the saints trading a first round pick away to possibly rent butler for a year a real possiblity. Butler has to sign off on it to be traded.. and why would he agree to that he would be in the same spot he is now playing for a worse team heading into free agency next year.
You didn't offend me in the slightest, man. I didn't mean for my response to come off as snarky towards you--just matter of fact.

I don't think we have any idea as to whether or not it would be the #32 or possibly even a second rounder. The point is that they don't have to give up their #11 as you seemed to suggest.

I don't think you offended anyone. What I do see in a few of your posts is you make quite a few assumptions and jump to drastic conclusions... and I am not trying at all to disrespect you. For example, how do you know what the Saints plan to do with Butler being 2017? They could already be thinking of ways to clear cap space to make a long-term deal possible. The fact that he was heavily rumored to have been potentially part of the Cooks trade, followed by a visit subsequently, and both in addition to the fact that they need help at the position desperately are all factors that would lead me to believe their interest is for 2017 and beyond. You stated before that message boards are for speculation, and while I don't entirely disagree, I would say it should still be based on what has or is actually occurring and not just wild speculation. That's one of the things many of us are still pissed with Mort about, and rightfully so.

I don't think you've killed anyone.

I don't think you offended anyone. What I do see in a few of your posts is you make quite a few assumptions and jump to drastic conclusions... and I am not trying at all to disrespect you. For example, how do you know what the Saints plan to do with Butler being 2017? They could already be thinking of ways to clear cap space to make a long-term deal possible. The fact that he was heavily rumored to have been potentially part of the Cooks trade, followed by a visit subsequently, and both in addition to the fact that they need help at the position desperately are all factors that would lead me to believe their interest is for 2017 and beyond. You stated before that message boards are for speculation, and while I don't entirely disagree, I would say it should still be based on what has or is actually occurring and not just wild speculation. That's one of the things many of us are still pissed with Mort about, and rightfully so.

The topic of this thread is i had a vision in bed. This thread is a nothing but one big drastic conclusion. Why on earth does it matter if i say the saints arent going to trade for butler.. which lets be real ill bet you any amount of money butler is not a saint this year. So while i respect your opinion.. it seems a bit selective. We have threads on here talking about how long brady will play, whether bill will trade jimmy g, whether butler will be traded none of which should be considered anything other than drastic conclusions. Also you misunderstood my post.. i didnt say anything about the saints intentions. I said they are not allowed to offer butler a contract beyond 2017 without giving up their 11th pick, so i dont think there is any chance they give up the 32 for the possibility to only rent butler for a year without the assurance he would be there beyond next year.

Last edited:
The topic of this thread is i had a vision in bed. This thread is a nothing but one big drastic conclusion. Why on earth does it matter if i say the saints arent going to trade for butler.. which lets be real ill bet you any amount of money butler is not a saint this year. So while i respect your opinion.. it seems a bit selective. We have threads on here talking about how long brady will play, whether bill will trade jimmy g, whether butler will be traded none of which should be considered anything other than drastic conclusions. Also you misunderstood my post.. i didnt say anything about the saints intentions. I said they are not allowed to offer butler a contract beyond 2017 without giving up their 11th pick, so i dont think there is any chance they give up the 32 for the possibility to only rent butler for a year without the assurance he would be there beyond next year.
No, I heard you loud and clear on your posts. It would appear that it is you who missed my point. But that's okay. I'm not trying to make a big thing of it. I apologize if I misspoke.

You didn't offend me in the slightest, man. I didn't mean for my response to come off as snarky towards you--just matter of fact.

I don't think we have any idea as to whether or not it would be the #32 or possibly even a second rounder. The point is that they don't have to give up their #11 as you seemed to suggest.

the topic of the thread is that bill is going to trade butler for the 32nd pick to the saints. I did not make up this on my own. I am responding to the op. youre right i dont have the slightest idea of what it would take to rent butler for a year.. but i dont think the saints will burn the 32 pick for him. In order for the saints to get butler and sign him to a long term deal they would need to deal their 11th. I am sorry i didnt consider the rent for a year for a first round pick option but i think that is laughable.. so i stand by my original post.

I said they are not allowed to offer butler a contract beyond 2017 without giving up their 11th pick, so i dont think there is any chance they give up the 32 for the possibility to only rent butler for a year without the assurance he would be there beyond next year.
Once Butler signs his RFA tender, the Saints can do whatever they like in terms of offering a trade or long term deal. As a matter of fact, it may be the deciding factor in pushing Butler to sign his tender. He wants paid.

Again--I don't think he made a special trip down to NOLA just for the gumbo. One can assume that some loose talk has occurred, specifically with the Pats blessing. Whether they pull the trigger is anyone's guess, but they surely aren't trading him unless they have a good feel that he'll be around beyond 2017.

I had an epiphany in bed once. No wait, that was a Tiffany. Never mind.
It better not be the Tiffany in thinking of, or you and I will have a big problem, sir. :mad:

:p

Dude the topic of the thread is that bill is going to trade butler for the 32nd pick to the saints. I did not make up this on my own. I am responding to the op. Has everyone los their mind?
I'm not even sure what you're talking about at this point, but you chose to look past dozens of snarky remarks and somehow quoted me for whatever reason.

All I did was point out the fact that the Saints and Pats can certainly make a trade without involving the 11th pick, which would be in play only for an offer sheet.

Once Butler signs his RFA tender, the Saints can do whatever they like in terms of offering a trade or long term deal. As a matter of fact, it may be the deciding factor in pushing Butler to sign his tender. He wants paid.

Again--I don't think he made a special trip down to NOLA just for the gumbo. One can assume that some loose talk has occurred, specifically with the Pats blessing. Whether they pull the trigger is anyone's guess, but they surely aren't trading him unless they have a good feel that he'll be around beyond 2017.
And that was my point too. But he (or she) seems to feel attacked, and therefore becomes defensive, whenever anyone questions the logic in his (or her), as evidenced by the responses in the thread. I'm just choosing to leave it be at this point.

And that was my point too. But he (or she) seems to feel attacked, and therefore becomes defensive, whenever anyone questions the logic in his (or her), as evidenced by the responses in the thread. I'm just choosing to leave it be at this point.

I can post a link.. i have read multiple articles that the saints cannot sign butler to a deal as a restricted free agent if they trade for him. once butler signs his tender.. the only way he can go to another team and sign a new contract or extention is if that team gives up their own first round pick. Mike lombardi has also said the same thing. If the saints want to give up less they could trade for him.. but they could not resign him until after the end of the season.. in which case he could chose to test free agency.. yeah i know they could franchise tag him.. if this is not correct than i sincerly stand corrected, but this is where i am arguing from.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about at this point, but you chose to look past dozens of snarky remarks and somehow quoted me for whatever reason.

All I did was point out the fact that the Saints and Pats can certainly make a trade without involving the 11th pick, which would be in play only for an offer sheet.

I did not post this for but a minute.. then i edited cause.. i was throwing a little temper tantrum. Sorry for the dramatic post.

I did not post this for but a minute.. then i edited cause.. i was throwing a little temper tantrum. Sorry for the dramatic post.
No problem, my friend. Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes