PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Lawrence Guy officially re-signs

Hell ****ING YESSSSS!!! Go with what you know. Good, dependable player. Quiet Leader. If some of these new guys don’t pan out or take awhile to acclimate, you’ve got Guy there to pick up his pail and get to work. Very good move. Now I know we won’t be getting the QB of the future this offseason. Everything has gone far too well.

Last edited:
Great news, im a little surprised he wasn't it took this long, hes been one of the better more consistent DLineman

Possibly told Guy to shop around and then come back to see if the Pats could match or offer a better deal. He's been our best DL since he's been here and that's included two SB runs where he's anchored our line. Makes sense for BB to match any reasonable deals on the table.

Great news. I was just about to answer the post about the defense to say that they could use a little more help on the DL, and this signing gives them just that. If Belichick can somehow fix the QB position then their work this off-season is pretty much done. Trade for Mariota and draft a QB in the first and this off-season gets a 10.

View attachment 31590

66% chance he wouldn't play more than 6 games. Much like in the time he was the starter for the Pats and only played 37% of what he was supposed to.

Huge pass on Jimmy IR for the price he's at. 49ers wanna swap 5th round picks in 2022 and Garoppolo wants tear up his current deal for a 1 year deal at something substantially less ok i'm interested. Anything more pass.
That's not how it works.

EDGE: Judon, Van Noy, Winovich, Uche (LB), Jennings (LB)
IDL: Godchaux, Guy, Anderson, Wise, Davis
LB: Hightower, McMillan
CB: Gilmore, Jackson, Jones, Williams
S: McCourty, Dugger, Phillips, Mills (DB), Bryant (DB)

Let’s go. It’s clear as day they are making an aggressive move for a QB in the draft.
What, no room for Bentley and/or Hall as LB's?

This will by default improve our interior rush because our rotation of DTs will be fresh; sort of like 2013 SEA (not comparing results/talent, just how fresh the rotation will keep the lineman). Not to mention High, KVN, Judon etc..

Last edited:
Love it. What this means to me is we've kept most of our DL from last year, losing only Adam Butler, and added three guys to compete for roles. Those are generally good odds for improvement.

The best part of what I've heard about the deal is that its for 4 years. The only reason to give a 4 year deal to a 31 year old DT is to spread his money around. I doubt his 2020 cap will be much above $2MM. Do I hear you say "voidable years"?

My preferable QB type as well for a rookie bc he can escape from pressure or extend plays easier what takes pressure out of him if he doesn't perform well in passing. Of course I like a Pocket Passer more but being able to run by himself would be really helpful. Then develop over time into a pocket passer hopefully..
I was talking more from the standpoint of being able to augment the offense with designed runs. You can rely less on the passing game if you have a good ol, ribs and a qb who can keep it, which also helps the play action opportunities.
I want a pocket passer who doesn’t bolt. The double edged sword is its nice if he can escape and get you a first down but if they are too quick to run it kills the passing game, and their development.
You want a qb who could be good if he was a statue and the fact that he can move when he has to is a plus.

No. Actually, it's not.. You're ignoring that they could, very easily, trade back and take one of the excellent OTs in this draft. And they still need someone to develop behind Hightower if it's not Winovich. They also don't have a youngster for the IDL. And depending on how far they trade back, they could look at a CB since Gilmore is on the last year of his deal and Jackson's on an RFA tender. And there is always the outside chance the Pats like Waddle or Smith.

This year's draft is ok for QB depth. Next's years draft is supposed to be significantly deeper especially with a couple of the guys having decided to return for their senior seasons.

Moving UP for a QB is just one potential move. The other moves I've mentioned are just as much in play.

I heard that next year's draft doesn't have any blue chip QBs in it and is one of the reasons for the push on QBs this year.

Not arguing. Just saying what I heard.

Bringing back Guy and Carl Davis is awesome.

This team won't need draft picks, package them up and go get a QB.

we are at 80 or so players under contract. Do we have room to use all our draft picks?

Draft picks don’t count against the 90 man roster until they’re signed. Still, you probably should expect a few more cuts between now and then.

I heard that next year's draft doesn't have any blue chip QBs in it and is one of the reasons for the push on QBs this year.

Not arguing. Just saying what I heard.
You here that every year and EVERY year 3-5 QB's go in the first round. So as far as QB's go, there IS always next year.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back