PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Lawrence Guy officially re-signs

EDGE: Judon, Van Noy, Winovich, Uche (LB), Jennings (LB)
IDL: Godchaux, Guy, Anderson, Wise, Davis, Adams
LB: Hightower, McMillan
CB: Gilmore, Jackson, Jones, Williams
S: McCourty, Dugger, Phillips, Mills (DB), Bryant (DB)

Let’s go. It’s clear as day they are making an aggressive move for a QB in the draft.
just want to add Adams here;)

No. Actually, it's not.. You're ignoring that they could, very easily, trade back and take one of the excellent OTs in this draft. And they still need someone to develop behind Hightower if it's not Winovich. They also don't have a youngster for the IDL. And depending on how far they trade back, they could look at a CB since Gilmore is on the last year of his deal and Jackson's on an RFA tender. And there is always the outside chance the Pats like Waddle or Smith.

This year's draft is ok for QB depth. Next's years draft is supposed to be significantly deeper especially with a couple of the guys having decided to return for their senior seasons.

Moving UP for a QB is just one potential move. The other moves I've mentioned are just as much in play.
They need to win this year not go out there which the worst QB in the nfl and no plan other than drafting guys because there is going to be a need in 2023.
They COULD literally do anything but most of us are limiting the options to what would be smart.

They need to win this year not go out there which the worst QB in the nfl and no plan other than drafting guys because there is going to be a need in 2023.
They COULD literally do anything but most of us are limiting the options to what would be smart.
I’m expecting a Jimmy G trade that puts us in the best position to win right away.

I’m expecting a Jimmy G trade that puts us in the best position to win right away.
Sure looks like BB doesn't need to draft many players...this team is thick. I mean, there will be some fascinating cuts in TC as it is.

No. Actually, it's not.. You're ignoring that they could, very easily, trade back and take one of the excellent OTs in this draft. And they still need someone to develop behind Hightower if it's not Winovich. They also don't have a youngster for the IDL. And depending on how far they trade back, they could look at a CB since Gilmore is on the last year of his deal and Jackson's on an RFA tender. And there is always the outside chance the Pats like Waddle or Smith.

This year's draft is ok for QB depth. Next's years draft is supposed to be significantly deeper especially with a couple of the guys having decided to return for their senior seasons.

Moving UP for a QB is just one potential move. The other moves I've mentioned are just as much in play.
I’m open to your scenario if they acquire Jimmy G. I doubt they are wasting this potential window on Cam & day 2 QBs though.

Have to think Gilmore would have to be part of a Jimmy G trade (either directly or indirectly) for cap space reasons.

I agree
good o_line
good run game
mismatch weapons with white/Henry/Smith and improved WR
Yeah a dual threat rookie has the big OL to run behind. The 2 TE offense helps with reads, the WRs are good route runners especially if Edelman is back and work well in the middle of the field.
And also a killer defense that takes the pressure off from making mistakes by doing too much and mitigates the mistakes by getting stops.

I agree with this. This is the worst possible year to be making lots of draft picks

Of course, I can see the opposite argument that its the worst possible year to throw all your eggs into one basket and one would be better served throwing as many eggs at the wall as possible.

Shrugs.

I agree with this. This is the worst possible year to be making lots of draft picks

Of course, I can see the opposite argument that its the worst possible year to throw all your eggs into one basket and one would be better served throwing as many eggs at the wall as possible.

Shrugs.

Right. If the argument is you have less data then you are more likely to get it wrong which would give high picks less value and low picks more value

Yeah a dual threat rookie has the big OL to run behind. The 2 TE offense helps with reads, the WRs are good route runners especially if Edelman is back and work well in the middle of the field.
And also a killer defense that takes the pressure off from making mistakes by doing too much and mitigates the mistakes by getting stops.
My preferable QB type as well for a rookie bc he can escape from pressure or extend plays easier what takes pressure out of him if he doesn't perform well in passing. Of course I like a Pocket Passer more but being able to run by himself would be really helpful. Then develop over time into a pocket passer hopefully..

Right. If the argument is you have less data then you are more likely to get it wrong which would give high picks less value and low picks more value
Yup. That’s the other side of the coin.

Jimmy G trade that puts us in the best position to win right away.
596508658065678.png

66% chance he wouldn't play more than 6 games. Much like in the time he was the starter for the Pats and only played 37% of what he was supposed to.

Huge pass on Jimmy IR for the price he's at. 49ers wanna swap 5th round picks in 2022 and Garoppolo wants tear up his current deal for a 1 year deal at something substantially less ok i'm interested. Anything more pass.

My first impression also. Most likely last year(s) are voidable.
Happy to have him back
Should help a lot. Hard to imagine he makes it through all 4 years considering he's 31

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back