PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Brady unlikely to sign extension, will test free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady to himself "Let's see....... take Patriots' limp 1 year $20m offer or $100m guaranteed to achieve my goal of playing to 45. Hmmm.... decisions, decisions. "

This is just starting. Anyone who thinks Brady isn't going to get TONS and TONS of super hot interest from other teams is kidding himself. For 2-3 years (which is not a very long contract) lots of teams are willing to commit a lot of money.

Can we have a Brady Free Agency mega-thread. There are like 4 of them already. More articles and news will ramp up and we don't need to keep creating a new thread for every new article or newsflow.

I don't know enough about Mullins
It concerns me tbough that Shanahans system is so good for QBs.
He makes really good QBs look like superstars Jimmy G.
And presumed Jags Mullins look like a decent stop gap.
Everywhere he's been he's gotten more from his QBs.
Brilliant offensive mind and seems like could be the top coach when BB hangs the whistle for good.

Just a quick thought how fun will it be when BBs Son coaches against Kyle Shanahan.
The greatness from both men live on.
]

Kyle is the best young coach in the NFL by a big margin.

One interesting salary cap tidbit I’d not known about (via Miguel — of course): in 2020 all incentives, whether LTBE or not, count against the cap the moment they are triggered.

Browns Falcons Redskins all let him walk out the building.
I said then you fire Quinn and promote Kyle Quinns quality coach is a dime a dozen.

Lost in the 28-3 comeback was how Kyle Shanahan absolutely pants’d the Patriots from a scheming standpoint. In the second half, after building the lead, the Falcons could not run the ball at all. Big part of it was Alex Mack playing on a broken leg. Matt Ryan took a horrendous sack, too. These weren’t Shanahan’s mistakes, nor did he play too aggressively. I couldn’t believe the media tried to pin the game on the guy that deserved all the credit and not the blame. Dan Quinn, aka the hopping, skipping, clapping cheerleader was super annoying and gloating. I felt like as the head coach, he let the team completely lose control of the tempo and the game. Probably too far to say those actions led to the loss, but I felt like the Patriots might win when I saw his giant sht eating grin at 28-3 and Belichick’s totally unfazed poker face.

That’s also when Arthur Blank did the dance and came down to the sidelines too. You can see Dmitroff sitting next to Blank, when he was dancing, and Dmitroff’s face is like “dude, please just stop,” knowing that the Patriots would make a run.

When I saw the 49ers game live this year vs. Cleveland I was sitting at the 50 yard line in the third deck. I’ve never seen such a coaching mismatch as Shanahan and Kitchens. It was literally like seeing a chess player versus a checkers player.

Last edited:
Lost in the 28-3 comeback was how Kyle Shanahan absolutely pants’d the Patriots from a scheming standpoint. In the second half, after building the lead, the Falcons could not run the ball at all. Big part of it was Alex Mack playing on a broken leg. Matt Ryan took a horrendous sack, too. These weren’t Shanahan’s mistakes, nor did he play too aggressively. I couldn’t believe the media tried to pin the game on the guy that deserved all the credit and not the blame. Dan Quinn, aka the hopping, skipping, clapping cheerleader was super annoying and gloating. I felt like as the head coach, he let the team completely lose control of the tempo and the game. Probably too far to say those actions led to the loss, but I felt like the Patriots might win when I saw his giant sht eating grin at 28-3 and Belichick’s totally unfazed poker face.

That’s also when Arthur Blank did the dance and came down to the sidelines too. You can see Dmitroff sitting next to Blank, when he was dancing, and Dmitroff’s face is like “dude, please just stop,” knowing that the Patriots would make a run.

When I saw the 49ers game live this year vs. Cleveland I was sitting at the 50 yard line in the third deck. I’ve never seen such a coaching mismatch as Shanahan and Kitchens. It was literally like seeing a chess player versus a checkers player.
Shanahan was not even close to the reason the Falcons melted down. He kept his foot on the gas in the second half as they scored on their first drive. It’s not Shanahan’s fault that Devonta Freeman badly whiffed on a block, or that Tevin Coleman got injured, of that Matt Ryan took a stupid sack, or that Jake Matthews held Chris Long. Once everything started falling apart for the Falcons the players on the field got in their own heads.

Shanahan was the reason they were in the Super Bowl in the first place. He was also the reason Matt Ryan was the MVP. That organization hasn’t even come close to looking like it did in 2016 and that’s because they can’t scheme and utilize their talent the way Kyle Shanahan can.

This is the place people say tom should play for

So Weiss knows even less than fans, in that he can’t even consider reasonable explanations that have brought Tom to FA other than he wants to be there. He didn’t want to a year-to-year commitment and wanted a longer extension and wasn’t getting it from the Patriots. Weis is being sneaky at best, disingenuous at worst, in ignoring the actual events that led to this.

People may not have liked the way they did it but the Mannings were right making sure Eli didn’t end up there.

I'll never understand the 'how dare you try to decide where you will work' aspect of what Manning did.

I mean sure, as a fan it'd suck if that became the norm because teams having free reign to pick whoever they want without the player being on board is a huge part of what drives parity and excitement.

But I can't bring myself to be outraged if some player looks at the Redskins and goes 'lol, nope, I ain't playing for that idiot organization' any more than if a friend of mine didn't want to go work for some company with an idiot CEO driving it into the ground.

Kyle Shanahan is going to be a successful coach. Nobody designs better offensive plays than him. Redskins, Browns and Falcons f***ed up on that one.

This is the place people say tom should play for
I’m one of the very few in America that thought the Chargers should’ve moved on from Rivers years ago.

I'll never understand the 'how dare you try to decide where you will work' aspect of what Manning did.

I mean sure, as a fan it'd suck if that became the norm because teams having free reign to pick whoever they want without the player being on board is a huge part of what drives parity and excitement.

But I can't bring myself to be outraged if some player looks at the Redskins and goes 'lol, nope, I ain't playing for that idiot organization' any more than if a friend of mine didn't want to go work for some company with an idiot CEO driving it into the ground.
I think it really had more to do with the fact that it felt like you had all these underprivildged kids that had to play in the system and then you had the football prince with his famous rich father making demands that his son shouldn't have to deal with the same rules.

People wouldn't have cared as much if it was some other random NFL draft pick. But it just had bad optimics even if the point was really just a father looking out for his son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes