PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Van Noy: Possibly back on the market?

The bitterness that I've read in the preceding drafts seems like a solid example of what this board has been slipping toward. So sad.

But as to KVN. He is a good but not not great player and in my opinion the archetype of the kind of player that we SHOULD be looking for...at the right price. But more importantly he is the kind of player that, due to the overall league cap situation, is going to be out there in NUMBERS this off season. A literal cornucopia of productive NFL players that will be available to teams at discount prices to teams that can fit them in.

So I chose to focus on the fact that a guy like KVN is let go by his team as a signal that he is going to be the rule rather than the exception. The middle of the road FA pool (solid NFL starters) is going to be deep. A plethora of good players that will improve rosters. (I know that was redundant, but I really wanted to be able to use "plethora" and "cornucopia" in the same post. ;) )

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back here, but I don't expect it to be before the draft UNLESS he was willing to sign a very team friendly like of contract.

I agree, except if the price is right, this is exactly the kind of move that BB tends to make before the draft. Right now, even if Hightower comes back, we're still thin at LB. Van Noy (again, for a reasonable deal), fills a hole which lessens the need to reach for a LB in the draft. They like to go into the draft with as few glaring weaknesses as possible, so they can more focus on guys they like regardless of position. Van Noy is a guy who they already know "gets it" here, so it would be a pretty low risk hole plug, a known commodity in a year where they're probably going to enter with a lot of new parts.

A literal cornucopia of productive NFL players that will be available to teams at discount prices to teams that can fit them in.

How are you defining "discount"
Paying Van Noy .......
Less than his $12.7 mill 2020 Dolphins wages?
Less than his $5.9 mill yearly Patriots wages?
Less than the average wages of veteran LBs?

You bring in Van Noy Milano and Judon if you can swing it absolutely.
I would say yes to Milano. He is still young and I think will make money but not break the bank. Judon and Van Noy are both pushing 30 and with Judon I always worry about those Baltimore LBs elsewhere. Aside from Zadrious Smith in Green Bay they never seem to do much.

Van Noy liking tweets connecting him back with the Patriots. He's delusional if he thinks he can badmouth and diss the Pats last year and come back all fine.

Last edited:
Van Noy liking tweets connecting him back with the Patriots. He's delusional if he think he can badmouth and diss the Pats last year and come back all fine.

This has been discussed a lot in this thread, but Belichick welcomed Spikes back after all the badmouthing he did while in Buffalo. Not everyone holds grudges for petty things.

This has been discussed a lot in this thread, but Belichick welcomed Spikes back after all the badmouthing he did while in Buffalo. Not everyone holds grudges for petty things.

I just checked and Spikes never returned to NE after going to Buffalo. Can you clarify what you mean ? I can think of at least a half dozen times Belichick never forgot some media diss on him (Tom Jackson etc )

Hell yeah bring KVN back if there is a chance. One of our most consistent players since he was acquired for peanuts from the Lions.

I couldn't care any less what he say or did not say while on the Dolphins. Great guy, leader and he was producing when he was here. Perfect way to help strengthening the front 7.

I just checked and Spikes never returned to NE after going to Buffalo. Can you clarify what you mean ? I can think of at least a half dozen times Belichick never forgot some media diss on him (Tom Jackson etc )

He never played a game with them the second time, because he got involved in a police investigation (forget what for) and he was released. I think he went back to Buffalo again after that cleared up, which is why he was with the Bills in 2014, then no one in 2015, then back with them in 2016.

The point was though, that the Pats were willing to bring him back despite his comments. It was his legal troubles that made them move on after that.

According to Ty Law, the Patriots tried to bring him back, too, but they couldn't agree on money.

He's been liking all patriots posts since yesterday. I think he's coming back.

Bentley and whatever we had to hightower-van noy will be a big upgrade

He's been liking all patriots posts since yesterday. I think he's coming back.

Bentley and whatever we had to hightower-van noy will be a big upgrade

my bigger concern is would they pass if Micah Parsons or Zander Collins was there at #15. Or maybe this allows them to get a run stuffing DE or DT

my bigger concern is would they pass if Micah Parsons or Zander Collins was there at #15. Or maybe this allows them to get a run stuffing DE or DT

I would guess no, if they really like him. Jennings is a big question mark, and Uche may be more of an edge player like Winovich anyway. There's room in this LB group for more talent if it's available to them.

Spikes was signed to a 1 year deal in the spring of 2015. That offseason he got hammered, smashed up and abandoned his car on 495. He claimed he hit a deer. Pats released him w/o playing in TC.

Van Noy liking tweets connecting him back with the Patriots. He's delusional if he think he can badmouth and diss the Pats last year and come back all fine.
Thankfully, the hard feeling of fans on this board are not relevant to the decisions of Belichick.

Can Van Noy add to the quality of defense. Can a reasonable contract be negotiated. Anyone on the patriots who is offended that Van Noy accepted a HUGE pay needs to get over it.

OMG he said the pats were talking trash , what a big freaking meanie. No way Bill would ever ever ever bring back someone who said that.

I like it boys. Bring him back. Hell even Flowers might get cut in Detroit. Get the band back together lol
Flowers was my prediction too, but his cap hit would be in the $25M range I think. And I think Flowers would end up in Miami in a heartbeat if cut to play for Flores and that nice Florida weather/no state tax.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back