PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Van Noy on Brandon Staley: It's refreshing to have a young coach with his mindset.

Will it still be refreshing at 3-10...?

Great guy wish him well

Wasn't he talking smack about NE when signed with Miami?

Van Noy is not far from being out of the league. His contract is one year and only 750K is guaranteed.

It was pretty evident at the end of the season that Van Noy doesn't have enough speed to survive much longer.

So who can blame him for trying to help build unity behind the coach who many thought blew the Chargers season? That might be a factor in him sticking.

If he volunteers to be a blocker for the offense on fourth down he might carve a niche for himself.

Wasn't he talking smack about NE when signed with Miami?
Yes and the comment was very bizarre with him saying something like let’s see how much trash NE’s D talks now - not realizing he was just on that team.

He seems like he’s 3 cans short of a 6 pack.

Does this guy irritate anyone else? He just seems like such an abrasive pain in the ass. Even when he was here is comments annoyed me.

The nerve of him to compliment a new coach after playing under Belichick

Does he mean the same mindset that went for the 1st down deep in his own territory - on 4TH down btw - and cost his clearly more talented team a PO berth? That "mindset" should've been fired on the flight home.
That's the same exact move Bill pulled against the Colts. 4th and 2

We'll see what he says next when he gets cut.
Clearly at the end of his playing career, Van Noy is putting himself forward so that he can be considered for possible coaching opportunities or media roles. He'd be great at both, I believe. He's an extrovert who reminds me of Scott Zolak or Christian Fauria, or any of the talking heads on TV. He'd be great in this market.

That's the same exact move Bill pulled against the Colts. 4th and 2

And with the same result... However, Staley's move came earlier in the game I believe, whereas Bill's if successful would've sealed the win...

You’re reading into things too much. KVN Is just paying a compliment to his new employer, his new coach…nothing more. It’s not a shot against BB or the Patriots. Training camp can’t start soon enough.

I liked Van Noy. Praising one doesn't mean you're trashing another. The mentality of butt hurt by fans to the spoken word is amazing.

Does this guy irritate anyone else? He just seems like such an abrasive pain in the ass. Even when he was here is comments annoyed me.

I actually liked him but since when he had a game, he would be making plays all over the field, I started saying "How Vannoying" when he did so. So given how you feel about him, there you go, it is there to use. VanNoying.

I liked Van Noy. Praising one doesn't mean you're trashing another. The mentality of butt hurt by fans to the spoken word is amazing.
^^ I'm more here than the OP.

But can we have a KVN forum now to track whether it was a mistake to part ways with him, how well he does, whether he shows up BB by playing well elsewhere, whether he'll come back and retire a Patriot, and so on?

Seriously, we're tryng to be fast, young, and fly-around-y now, it appears, and KVN isn't what we want anymore. I loved the guy. Sometimes nobody's evil, they're just not Patriots anymore. That's football.

Always liked KVN. He contributed and was a cog in a machine that won many games, including championships. And he was acquired for next to nothing, didn’t break the bank while in NE.
Loved Van Noy during his first stint with the Pats. Was such a key and clutch player.

I love KVN, but he is kinda a tool lol. I remember when he was firing shots at Flores. I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back