PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure we will find out that the local DA behind this bust had higher political ambitions and needed to make a splash in the papers to get some name recognition. Same thing was done in the Duke lacrosse case. These two "smell" the same to me.
Horrible analogy. For all the talk of police malfeasance, no one is actually claiming Kraft is innocent (beyond that lame denial we got day 1).

Last edited:
I go to Europe for 2 weeks, come back, and click on this thread, and then I see:

"1,058 more messages"

Holy crap, people. Are things THAT slow around the NFL?

I go to Europe for 2 weeks, come back, and click on this thread, and then I see:

"1,058 more messages"

We have this job well in hand.

Last edited:
LOL @ the poor Marin County ADA who has to read all 92 pages.......

This is what money does to our court system...Kraft's lawyers have an army of young lawyers doing the leg work and the DA's office has a few lowly paid ADA's overrun with paperwork.....

Yup, if the judge rules against the video...the DA is punting this, IMO.

Glad to see our public servants are going all out to bring these villains to justice. To hell with the constitution!

"1,058 more messages"

We still need 3629 more posts to match the Malcolm Butler megathread....

I was thinking of purchasing an old used Hummer.

Do I post that in this thread or the Offseason Casual thread. Mods please advise.

Disappointingly kraft finds a mouthpiece to claim he is a victim.

What Michael Rubin said about Robert Kraft's prostitution case | Boston.com

Andy: honest question for you.

Take away the actual laws in Florida and whether or not they’ve been followed, broken, etc.

Do you personally agree, on a moral/just punishment level, that someone like Kraft, or the other johns, deserve to have these life shattering humiliating videos released for public consumption? Let’s just stipulate for this argument that Kraft is guilty. Do you personally agree with the Sunshine laws and think something like this is appropriate? I think we can all agree that, regardless of what the police initially suspected, this was not a violent crime posing a great evil to society. Do you think that releasing these videos are an extreme and cruel punishment, even though they aren’t actual legal punishments?

Horrible analogy. For all the talk of police malfeasance, no one is actually claiming Kraft is innocent (beyond that lame denial we got day 1).
If he's not found guilty, under the law, he will be considered innocent....regardless of what the Puritans believe

Do I post that in this thread or the Offseason Casual thread. Mods please advise.
Get the service plan....$59.95

Don't think he has to.. have you seen his wife? She's half his age.
With man hands and an Adam's apple......just sayin

Isnt that pretty much what RK purchased?

If he's not found guilty, under the law, he will be considered innocent....regardless of what the Puritans believe
There is no such thing in the law as being "considered innocent."

I don't care if he gets off on a technicality. Unless something astounding comes out like they are lying about the contents of the video (highly doubtful given the nature of this case) then he did it. Anyone saying anything else just has their heads in the sand, no matter what the verdict.

There is no such thing in the law as being "considered innocent."

I don't care if he gets off on a technicality. Unless something astounding comes out like they are lying about the contents of the video (highly doubtful given the nature of this case) then he did it. Anyone saying anything else just has their heads in the sand, no matter what the verdict.
If he didn't do it there would be no need to flush the video ... of course he did it.
I'm not going to think any more or less of him ... everyone will judge him accordingly.
The only judgement I pass is he was an idiot - with his money he could have done it way better.

Andy: honest question for you.

Take away the actual laws in Florida and whether or not they’ve been followed, broken, etc.

Do you personally agree, on a moral/just punishment level, that someone like Kraft, or the other johns, deserve to have these life shattering humiliating videos released for public consumption? Let’s just stipulate for this argument that Kraft is guilty. Do you personally agree with the Sunshine laws and think something like this is appropriate? I think we can all agree that, regardless of what the police initially suspected, this was not a violent crime posing a great evil to society. Do you think that releasing these videos are an extreme and cruel punishment, even though they aren’t actual legal punishments?
When have I ever said I thought the videos should be released publicly?

But you are mixing up the laws.
Sunshine laws are about the public’s right to information. They have nothing to do with the crime that was committed, guilt, innocence or the severity of the crime.

Law enforcement isn’t releasing the video as a punishment. An entity (media) is requesting access to the tape.
It literally has nothing to do with the punishment for a finding of guilt, so the cruel and unusual punishment issue doesnt apply.

I think the exceptions to the sunshineaws should include disgusting material

I also do not buy into the idea that it would unfairly “ruin the lives” of the perps. They chose to do it. Publicizing the crime they committed is not ruining their lives. If their lives are ruined it was by committing a crime that if it were to become known their lives would be ruined.

And again my preference would be that the sunshine laws had an exception for the disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back