PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's development bumped the thread ... seems like a big legal reach.
It's a prosecutor trying to force a plea. Much like the college admission scandal. One celebrity pled out, admitted guilt served 11 days and they are done. Another, Lori Loughlin decides to fight the charges and prosecutors piled a few more charges to try to force a plea.. I wouldn't be shocked if they threaten to charge her children to force a plea ( why Michael Flynn former NSA advisor plead out).
I can't see Kraft being cowered and see him fighting this tooth and nail. To upcharge as a felony, they would have to prove human trafficking, a charge not seemingly supported to date.......

"HUMAN TRAFFICKING!!!!!!!"...and the AJ's go wild with glee

It's a prosecutor trying to force a plea. Much like the college admission scandal. One celebrity pled out, admitted guilt served 11 days and they are done. Another, Lori Loughlin decides to fight the charges and prosecutors piled a few more charges to try to force a plea.. I wouldn't be shocked if they threaten to charge her children to force a plea ( why Michael Flynn former NSA advisor plead out).
I can't see Kraft being cowered and see him fighting this tooth and nail. To upcharge as a felony, they would have to prove human trafficking, a charge not seemingly supported to date.......

They're trying to say multiple misdemeanors = Felony. Multiple trips to the spa etc..

Not only that, they dropped the felony charges to misdemeanors on most of the madames and other women for lack of evidence. The entire group of cases from 3 or 4 different LE agencies just fell apart once the 3 judges threw out the videos. I wonder what the guys that pled guilty right away are thinking.

They're trying to say multiple misdemeanors = Felony. Multiple trips to the spa etc..
I think he gets off because the Early Bird special fell under $100 so they can't even count that one.

Not only that, they dropped the felony charges to misdemeanors on most of the madames and other women for lack of evidence. The entire group of cases from 3 or 4 different LE agencies just fell apart once the 3 judges threw out the videos. I wonder what the guys that pled guilty right away are thinking.
It's an example of the "sunken cost theory". The prosecutors have so much invested in going after Kraft and the others that rather than admit defeat and cut their losses, they are going full bore after him and the result won't be pretty...... Hopefully somebody at the State level of Florida government says "enough is enough' and won't waste the taxpayers money on this BS case.....

I'm sure there were others who were getting frequent visitors card stamped as well and unless they charge them as well, it looks like a targeted prosecution...

It's an example of the "sunken cost theory". The prosecutors have so much invested in going after Kraft and the others that rather than admit defeat and cut their losses, they are going full bore after him and the result won't be pretty...... Hopefully somebody at the State level of Florida government says "enough is enough' and won't waste the taxpayers money on this BS case.....
Agree, unfortunately the FL legislature is controlled by moral hypocrits from North FL and there is actually talk of getting tougher on these prostitution cases by placing Johns in some public list like a sexual predator to embarrass them. Florida has always been azz backwards in moral laws. They are using human trafficking as an excuse, but there are better ways to fight that. This is just going to drive things further underground imo.

I think he gets off because the Early Bird special fell under $100 so they can't even count that one.

This case is so strange that I can't even tell if you're serious about an early bird special or not.

Anyway although Kraft got caught with his hands in the cookie jar the overreaching LE is far more concerning to me now.

This case is so strange that I can't even tell if you're serious about an early bird special or not.

Anyway although Kraft got caught with his hands in the cookie jar the overreaching LE is far more concerning to me now.
It wasn't Kraft's hands but let's not get technical here.........;)
I'm sure there's a Reddit subgroup for that.......

Agree, unfortunately the FL legislature is controlled by moral hypocrits from North FL and there is actually talk of getting tougher on these prostitution cases by placing Johns in some public list like a sexual predator to embarrass them. Florida has always been azz backwards in moral laws. They are using human trafficking as an excuse, but there are better ways to fight that. This is just going to drive things further underground imo.
The media used to publish the names and mugshots (public record) of Johns...but the media have failed the public in the name of political correctness

Just wanted to add that the thread title name edit is genius.

now if only we could get a "Mug Rule" for that damned Goodell...

He said "gets off"

Just wanted to add that the thread title name edit is genius.
Thx ... trying to stay current without jerking the thread around.

I said in an early thread that I am surrounded by lawyers family wise and all of them agree the case appears extremely weak. This is a desperate Hail Mary to shame kraft into accepting a plea. If he fights this he will win. This is a misdemeanor soliciting case that has illegal recording and entrapment issues. He will walk if he has a backbone.

I said in an early thread that I am surrounded by lawyers family wise and all of them agree the case appears extremely weak. This is a desperate Hail Mary to shame kraft into accepting a plea. If he fights this he will win. This is a misdemeanor soliciting case that has illegal recording and entrapment issues. He will walk if he has a backbone.
Not just pushing for a plea deal, think this case is far past that. This is vindictive bitterness because they know they’re not going to win in the courts. So they’re going for as many points as they can pile up in the court of public opinion. Smearing Kraft and getting as much printers ink spilled as they can, to show what a great job they’re doing of protecting the public. Just so they can win re-election.

Not just pushing for a plea deal, think this case is far past that. This is vindictive bitterness because they know they’re not going to win in the courts. So they’re going for as many points as they can pile up in the court of public opinion. Smearing Kraft and getting as much printers ink spilled as they can, to show what a great job they’re doing of protecting the public. Just so they can win re-election.
Whatever happens it still comes back to Bob setting a world record for stupid decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back