PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s TMZ but it’s 100% accurate. No human trafficking is being investigated any longer.

Do you have anything to counter this fact or do you prefer to attack the source?
Yes I already posted an article saying that they have arrested someone for trafficking and are pursuing it.

TMZ has heard does not equal
100% true. I honestly am stupefied that you think it’s legit. If it did you would have a legitimate source, like the one I posted with actual quotes from law enforcement.

You said google it and that’s proof. I googled it and found the first article to say they have actually arrested a suspect on RICO charged related to trafficking.
I’m not sure how you can have a valid source that says they aren’t pursuing it when they are literally prosecuting someone.
That arrest was not relative to the spa Kraft went to but part of a wider investigation

“For the Jupiter massage parlor bust, authorities say they’re still looking into the possibility it was tied to human trafficking, even though no one was charged with that crime yet. Two women linked to the Jupiter spa, Hua Zhang and Lei Wang, each were charged with deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution.”

Was roundup about hookers — or something more sinister? Lawyers prepare to battle

Federal investigators refused to get involved due to a lack of evidence. Unless there’s proof, no one should link Kraft’s name to sex trafficking. That’s irresponsible

Ago??

Do you have a source for your contention???

Why would they not pursue the human trafficking?? It seemed to make quite a splash when they announced the living conditions, the woman were here illegally and apparently held against their will..

My contention in this case is very simple, law enforcement knew about his case about 6 months ago, why didn't they act sooner to avoid further exploitation of these women?? If the reason was to enforce the law and protect these women they had enough information a while ago..
Yeah TMZ has heard. Lol

That arrest was not relative to the spa Kraft went to but part of a wider investigation

“For the Jupiter massage parlor bust, authorities say they’re still looking into the possibility it was tied to human trafficking, even though no one was charged with that crime yet. Two women linked to the Jupiter spa, Hua Zhang and Lei Wang, each were charged with deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution.”

Was roundup about hookers — or something more sinister? Lawyers prepare to battle
So your proof that they dropped the trafficking investigation is that
A) the arrest they made as part of the same investigation was at a different address and
B) they are still investigating?

0/2

So your proof that they dropped the trafficking investigation is that
A) the arrest they made as part of the same investigation was at a different address and
B) they are still investigating?

0/2
The arrest was unrelated to the spa Kraft went to, but you tried to say it was

BTW, even an active investigation doesn’t link anyone to a crime.

The fact you seem to be keeping score shows how you’re emotionally involved in this...which is very strange

Federal investigators refused to get involved due to a lack of evidence. Unless there’s proof, no one should link Kraft’s name to sex trafficking. That’s irresponsible
Did you even read the article you linked?

Authorities say they’re working together to infiltrate sex-trafficking rings operating from South Florida to New York. From Homeland Security Investigations, to the Martin County Sheriff’s Office and Jupiter Police Department, investigators want to shut down multimillion-dollar trafficking networks, which they call a scourge in Florida and in other large states across the nation.

“Human-trafficking organizations are varied and vast,” said Anthony Salisbury, special agent in charge of the Homeland Security Investigations, an arm of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Miami. “We work with our state and local partners. Anything of a threat, force or coercion is the gold standard for a trafficking charge.”
Homeland security is involved.

With the exception of Nevada, since when can anyone legally sell themselves for sex?

Bob would be free and clear in Nevada. He was in Florida.

There are solid arguments for and against legalizing prostitution. Letting the individual states in this country decide the legality of it is fine by me.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the "advocate" group screaming for Kraft's head.

The arrest was unrelated to the spa Kraft went to, but you tried to say it was

BTW, even an active investigation doesn’t link anyone to a crime.
I said they have not given up on investigating sec trafficking in this case. I am right. You said they aren’t investigating sex trafficking in this case and even your own sources say they are.

Did you even read the article you linked?

Homeland security is involved.
On a wider investigation with no evidence the spa in question is part of it. I read all of it

Calm down and take a deep breath. No need to get all excited about a misdemeanor

The police don’t make the laws and certainly shouldn’t be choosing which ones they enforce. And definitely not based on someone’s moral beliefs about the crime in question.
Well it turns out the Martin County Sheriff that started this investigation is a former FL state congressman who authored the human trafficking laws in FL.

He is quoted as saying he took it upon himself to approach this as a human trafficking case instead of the more normal prostitution case. He surmised the women were being trafficked based on his observations (no evidence) and obtained an unusual warrant to install cameras in the establishments.

There have not been any human trafficking charges in the Stuart/Jupiter investigations. So yea a cop can make stuff up, due to moral reasons, and in this case probably did.

Well it turns out the Martin County Sheriff that started this investigation is a former FL state congressman who authored the human trafficking laws in FL.

He is quoted as saying he took it upon himself to approach this as a human trafficking case instead of the more normal prostitution case. He surmised the women were being trafficked based on his observations (no evidence) and obtained an unusual warrant to install cameras in the establishments.

There have not been any human trafficking charges in the Stuart/Jupiter investigations. So yea a cop can make stuff up, due to moral reasons, and in this case probably did.
Thank you!:D

I think the thing to concentrate on is that Kraft will not take any plea deal which does not put the tapes under seal forever (meaning they can never be distributed). I also think that the prosecutor's office wants no part of Kraft's legal team winning a suppression hearing and basically ending their entire case against everyone.

As I've said before, I think Kraft's team will go after the grounds that the surveillance warrants were obtained under, and if they win in that suppression hearing, then, the state's entire case against every defendant is shot.

Kraft has been victorious.

It's over.

On a wider investigation with no evidence the spa in question is part of it. I read all of it

Calm down and take a deep breath. No need to get all excited about a misdemeanor
I’m very calm. No need to stand your ground when you are clearly wrong. It’s ok to admit it.

You said google it and that’s proof. I googled it and found the first article to say they have actually arrested a suspect on RICO charged related to trafficking.
I’m not sure how you can have a valid source that says they aren’t pursuing it when they are literally prosecuting someone.
That is in the Vero Beach investigation not the Martin/Palm Beach investigations.

What? He suspected prostitution and trafficking. They have made 300 arrests including one for sex trafficking.
How did he make it up?

I’ve explained it to you many times already but it apparently hasn’t sunk in.

You are pathetically flailing about looking for some sort of technicality that doesn’t exist. The old “I paid for the message, the sex act was free!” defense is just not a winning one. It doesn’t fool anybody.

If the prosecution has the video they claim they do, then they can prove money changed hands and a sex act took place. You don’t need audio to put 2 and 2 together.

Maybe try the "all women are ho's" defense by Riley from the Boondocks::D

Agreed, but inexperienced lawyering on the prosecution side led to those three things. Related to No. 1, the prosecutors did not fight changing the venue of the case from Brentwood to downtown LA (their first and probably biggest mistake). I also thought Marcia Clark laughing and smiling along with the attorneys from the other side in front of the jury every day hurt the state's case. She looked in awe of the Dream Team along with everyone else. Darden with the glove is self-explanatory (never ask a question [or do a demonstration] that you don't know the answer to or outcome of}. They were unable to rehabilitate Furman or marginalize his previous comments. In their defense, I believe the lead prosecutor had a heart attack or other serious medical issue right before the start of the trial and those two were thrown into doing the prosecution.

I also believed that changing the venue was a big mistake.

Judge Ito didn't help either. He looked like he was auditioning for a part in a movie. How else could a trial take a year?

I also think that Marcia Clark looked down to the jurors when she explained things to them.

It’s the same investigation
No it is not. Vero Beach was conducting an independent investigation unrelated to what was happening in Martin/Palm Beach. It was a coincidence. Once they found out they decided to cooperate, the reason why arrests happened concurrently but they were separate investigations. Nothing connected the establishments together. There are no human trafficking charges in the Martin/Palm Beach investigations, at least not yet, and so it is doubtful there will be. Even the Vero investigation may have difficulty proving their charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST