PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First article listing Kraft's hundreds of millions in charity contributions and the good work he's done for 5 decades.

"The organization did not respond to questions from USA TODAY. Stan Polovets, chairman and co-founder of the Genesis Prize Foundation, told the Jerusalem Post that the group would not be rescinding the award.

"Absolutely not," Polovets said. "Robert was selected for decades of extraordinarily generous philanthropy, his unwavering support of Israel, and unparalleled success in his field of work – professional sports. Israel doesn’t have a better friend than Robert Kraft.

"The incident reported last week is unfortunate," Polovets said. "However, as of now, it remains an unproven allegation."

Funny how they understand the American justice system better in Israel than they do here.

Robert Kraft, charged with soliciting prostitution, has given away a fortune – including to groups fighting sex trafficking

I find this very interesting from Martin County Sheriff Snyder:

"The case was thrust into the headlines because of the promise of big-name "johns," including, allegedly, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who pleaded not guilty Thursday to soliciting prostitution at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter.

It also highlights what Snyder said was a multinational trafficking ring stretching from China to New York to Florida.

Hence, Snyder's insistence that the women were not prostitutes.

"It was clear to us that this was a trafficking case because of the circumstances I enumerated: They're not leaving, they're there 24 hours a day, the hygiene was minimal at best, just a bathroom," he said. "So we took it upon ourselves to not do what could be the easy way out ... and we turned it into a trafficking case."

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/03/us/sex-trafficking-florida-investigation-robert-kraft/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Is it possible that some of the Chinese women that worked at these parlors were from backwater rural villages where people are actually starving? Is it possible that living in a spa where they are safe, fed, and have a place to sleep could be better than where they came from? Is it also possible that some of these women willingly came to the states to find a better life, earn money so they can send it back home to help their families? Is it possible that they entered into contracts knowing somewhat what they needed to do for a period of time to earn their way into the US? Does it make sense that most of these women aren't cooperating? Would it make more sense to say that you were here on a contract (and be deported) or that you were brought involuntarily (kept here safe and accepted as a refugee).

Maybe this is some big time international human trafficking ring. If it is I hope they catch and prosecute everyone involved. Something doesn't ring right with the hick Martin County Sheriff saying: "So we took it upon ourselves ... and we turned it into a trafficking case."

like I've been telling you people...it's a Chinese tong opera1tion...this Sheriff Snyder is in way over his head

What if the Patriots had moved to St. Louis before Georgia Frontiere had the chance to move the Rams, so she moved them to Boston instead? Maybe this would be the Boston Rams board and that team would have Belichick and six titles.

A dreadful scenario. You should write children’s books

Well, what happened? Did they get the little bastard? Was he killed or captured?

no..but they DID give me a ticket for being "generally aware of releasing colon gas in a compacted area"...I go to court in two weeks to answer the charge with my lawyers, Dewey, Screwem & Howe..

Well, for one thing, the gov't trying to tie the johns to the trafficking was lousy PR and just plain stupid.

Defend Bob Jackmeoff all you want, but you sink further into the Jergens lotion with your nothing to see here fantasy

The sex slaves were from China being held at the massage against their will. Living there in squalid conditions on temporary visas with the promise of US citizenship and a real job.

Ya know? Freedom like is says In the Constitution.

It appears that no less than 5 different law enforcement agencies witnessed Bob paying for hand relief. Sad that Kraft wont man up and admit wrong doing. His players should do the same if they get in a jam. Maybe Bobs high dollar lawyer can get them out of trouble too.

no..but they DID give me a ticket for being "generally aware of releasing colon gas in a compacted area"...I go to court in two weeks to answer the charge with my lawyers, Dewey, Screwem & Howe..

Devin McCourty issued a statement to the press that he will not comment on Joker's case "until it all plays out".

Probably not, since they'd be the Orthwein/Parcells Stallions and not the Kraft/Belichick Stallions. Meanwhile, Belichick ends up head coaching Kraft's expansion Boston Revolution in 1996 (Kraft getting an expansion team means the Jacksonville Jaguars never exist.) Belichick drafts Brady as planned but he doesn't have to wait for Bledsoe's injury, which now never happens since he's in St. Louis and not playing the Jets in Week Two 2001. With St. Louis unavailable the Rams never leave L.A., and therefore the Chargers never leave San Diego.
One thing for sure in this scenario is Kraft would love having the expansion franchise.

He's behaved like it all along, and his empty, rare acknowledgements of our first 33 years, usually when someone passes away, are disingenuous.

Color me unimpressed. There's something fishy going on and it has little to do with human trafficking.
The payment envelope wasn't being filled as before and was in arrears.

Difficult to comprehend all the vitriol for Mr. Kraft for what he did.. his actions in the "Spa" are stand alone, and incredibly stupid.. he may not have known they were being held against their wishes, but should have known. Have contended all along if the police knew these women were held against their will, police should have intervened at the onset to protect them, not use them as some sort of pawns to strengthen their cases against the "johns".... not sure how much more evidence you need after several clients are videotaped.

I can understand what he did, but do not like what he did.. sometimes the need and craving for excitement outweighs common sense, with that being said it is probably best that he remove himself from NEP football operations and pass the baton to Jonathan..

To those that think his plea of not guilty is some way of avoiding responsibility for his actions are wrong, this is "due process" afforded by the Constitution.. not sure what fans expect the outcome of judicial proceedings to be, but at most will be some sort of fine + community service if found guilty...

The embarrassment to himself, family and his businesses pales in comparison to anything the NFL or the judicial system can do to him...

If your cat was indoors at the time to witness this unfortunate noxious effluence you also might be hearing from the ASPCA.

Last edited:
I’m starting to come around on the uniform change, @Actual Pats Fan. I think they went too far and a modified version with the same concept would have been more appropriate in the mid-90s (almost all teams make minor changes for good reason.). However, at this point, there is so much history with these new unis, could the team really go back to the old ones?
Very simply, yes.

First, a public educational presentation, similar to the YouTube "The Patriots Never Cheated" video, which is candid, objective, concise and accurate. Included will be noting of the team's great players and on field accomplishments, and large, loyal fan base (prior to 1993).

Second, promoting the fact that Kraft's complicity, which condones unwarranted denigration of the franchise, laid the foundation for two fake scandals which have now put the team at an unfair competitive disadvantage for over a decade now.

Third, just the basic acknowledgement that people all over the country identified with the Patriots of 1960-1992 whether they were fans or not. Everyone knows about the team's struggles, and everybody likes the story of an underdog rising up to success. It's the story of America, and we were all robbed of it on our bicentennial. Bill Parcells had nothing to do with f.e., and the very first thing he did when he arrived in New York in '97 was to restore their roots and their history and tradition.

In 1983, The Patriots last wore their uniforms from their great ascent in the modern era of pro football. That's how they should always look. The Sixties style can be the throwback, to honor the AFL pioneers.

They'll have to come up with some fake spin to try to avoid looking bad, but if the stubborn Krafts still refuse to do the right thing, they'll just have to be bought out, like the Celtics' ThanksDad Gaston.

Just like the Confederate flag, the flying elvis will be banished into the dustbin of history, Orthwein's "rearview mirror", having had the propaganda surrounding it's inception and existence properly debunked; and real Pats fans can exhale and shout just as we did after the Mo Lewis hit,

"FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

...and the whole world will show its gratitude.

''Hey, the Patriots are in the Super Bowl AGAIN!

...Well, at least they look classy and they're honoring their history...you know, we kind of like them now, and they still have a ways to go to catch up to the Packers in titles..."

Americans like sports dynasties.

Is it possible that some of the Chinese women that worked at these parlors were from backwater rural villages where people are actually starving? Is it possible that living in a spa where they are safe, fed, and have a place to sleep could be better than where they came from? Is it also possible that some of these women willingly came to the states to find a better life, earn money so they can send it back home to help their families? Is it possible that they entered into contracts knowing somewhat what they needed to do for a period of time to earn their way into the US? Does it make sense that most of these women aren't cooperating? Would it make more sense to say that you were here on a contract (and be deported) or that you were brought involuntarily (kept here safe and accepted as a refugee).

Maybe this is some big time international human trafficking ring. If it is I hope they catch and prosecute everyone involved. Something doesn't ring right with the hick Martin County Sheriff saying: "So we took it upon ourselves ... and we turned it into a trafficking case."

Come on man. No that's not how it works in China. Yes they are from poor villages but typically they are unwillingly/willingly sold to traffickers by their families for some minimal sum of money. They are not allowed to return to the family until their "debt" is paid off which is when the traffickers say it's paid off. They do not talk because they fear for their families well being back at home.

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
Yup. Everyone’s a hick except the guy who was caught on camera paying money for sex acts. :rolleyes:

No but seriously... tell us all again how being trafficked for sex is an improvement in these womens’ lives. I’d like to hear that part once more.

Come on man. No that's not how it works in China. Yes they are from poor villages but typically they are unwillingly/willingly sold to traffickers by their families for some minimal sum of money. They are not allowed to return to the family until their "debt" is paid off which is when the traffickers say it's paid off. They do not talk because they fear for their families well being back at home.
Your version sounds straight out of a movie.

You honestly don't think that people from sh*tholes in China or central America are willing to do whatever to get out of there and look forward to a future with prosperity?

I'm not saying that's what happened here but it definitely happens. I'm not sure we will know until we hear from the women and apparently they're not talking.

This sounds more like a political bust than anything. We'll have to wait and see but I don't think we have all the facts yet.

Americans like sports dynasties.

No, they don't. Perhaps years later when that team is no longer winning, but in the present, people hate dynasties. You think college football fans aren't sick of Alabama? NBA fans aren't rooting for someone to beat Golden State?

I have a friend who is a Broncos fan. He respects the Pats and what they've accomplished in 18 years, but even he can't wait until Belichick and Brady retire.

And I also find it borderline insane that you think fans would all of a sudden not be tired of the Pats winning if we switched back to our old uniforms. Seriously.

Difficult to comprehend all the vitriol for Mr. Kraft for what he did.. his actions in the "Spa" are stand alone, and incredibly stupid.. he may not have known they were being held against their wishes, but should have known. Have contended all along if the police knew these women were held against their will, police should have intervened at the onset to protect them, not use them as some sort of pawns to strengthen their cases against the "johns".... not sure how much more evidence you need after several clients are videotaped.

I can understand what he did, but do not like what he did.. sometimes the need and craving for excitement outweighs common sense, with that being said it is probably best that he remove himself from NEP football operations and pass the baton to Jonathan..

To those that think his plea of not guilty is some way of avoiding responsibility for his actions are wrong, this is "due process" afforded by the Constitution.. not sure what fans expect the outcome of judicial proceedings to be, but at most will be some sort of fine + community service if found guilty...

The embarrassment to himself, family and his businesses pales in comparison to anything the NFL or the judicial system can do to him...

Pretty sure most of us are just still mad about Deflategate.

Pretty sure most of us are just still mad about Deflategate.

Yeah, if ol' Krafty Bob had just had the decency to accept a 250% profit on his purchase of the stadium and let Otis haul our team off to St Louis we never would have had to suffer through that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes