PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defend Bob Jackmeoff all you want, but you sink further into the Jergens lotion with your nothing to see here fantasy

The sex slaves were from China being held at the massage against their will. Living there in squalid conditions on temporary visas with the promise of US citizenship and a real job.

Ya know? Freedom like is says In the Constitution.

It appears that no less than 5 different law enforcement agencies witnessed Bob paying for hand relief. Sad that Kraft wont man up and admit wrong doing. His players should do the same if they get in a jam. Maybe Bobs high dollar lawyer can get them out of trouble too.
In your fantasy, you link trafficking to Kraft.

Strange how you do that.

Short end of the stick

Yup. Everyone’s a hick except the guy who was caught on camera paying money for sex acts. :rolleyes:

No but seriously... tell us all again how being trafficked for sex is an improvement in these womens’ lives. I’d like to hear that part once more.
You would never understand so why bother. Aren't you the one that has a retirement cabin in the Cape? :rolleyes:

You would never understand so why bother.
No no I really want to hear it... maybe then you can move on and explain to us how black slaves in the south had it better than free men in the north back in the 1800's.
Aren't you the one that has a retirement cabin in the Cape? :rolleyes:
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about here, so you must be even more confused than usual.

No no I really want to hear it... maybe then you can move on and explain to us how black slaves in the south had it better than free men in the north back in the 1800's.
:eek:Let’s not take Kraft’s misdemeanor and turn it into an emotional topic when emotion has nothing to do with it.

Man you’re taking this to places it doesn’t belong. Sex trafficking isn’t part of Kraft’s issue. So please stop trying to link the two

You sound like you wish they could be linked. If someone buys some pot from a serial killer, it doesn’t link the buyer to his crimes

No, they don't. Perhaps years later when that team is no longer winning, but in the present, people hate dynasties. You think college football fans aren't sick of Alabama? NBA fans aren't rooting for someone to beat Golden State?

I have a friend who is a Broncos fan. He respects the Pats and what they've accomplished in 18 years, but even he can't wait until Belichick and Brady retire.

And I also find it borderline insane that you think fans would all of a sudden not be tired of the Pats winning if we switched back to our old uniforms. Seriously.
The 49ers, Steelers, Packers, Bulls, and Edmonton Oilers were very popular nationally during their runs, but you're right, when it comes to the Yankees, Celtics and today's Patriots, they've been hated.

But the Celtics and Yankees were respected.

On the second point, this needs to be viewed in a long term, historical context. A lot of people in U.S. are not sports fans. Inappropriate derision of the Patriots originated in local Boston media, and spread to the National Football League when the merger took effect.

"...and you better sit on that zoo franchise of yours up in Boston. They better get a real stadium. There'll be no drunken riots in my league."

-
Schramm

"Don't worry Tex, I have that Irish bug right where I want him."

-
Rozelle

Most people around the country saw the Patriots as just another ordinary struggling team, with cool uniforms. It's the propaganda that got them all stirred up, especially in '81 (2-14) and '82 (snow plow).

By the time we won the AFCCG in Pittsburgh in '02, they were accusing us of cheating that very day. In Tom's second year.

Most people around the country saw the Patriots as just another ordinary struggling team, with cool uniforms.

I'm an old-timer. I did like the old uniform colors, though even back then I thought it was an odd choice to have the enemies of the redcoats all decked out in red.

I was never too enamored with the Pat Patriot logo though. Very cartoonish and visually unappealing. An angry guy who looked like he was battling some constipation issues.

So count me as a a decidedly non-millenial 50-something get-of-my-lawn old guy who has grown attached to flying Elvis and sees no need to turn the clock back.

Your version sounds straight out of a movie.

You honestly don't think that people from sh*tholes in China or central America are willing to do whatever to get out of there and look forward to a future with prosperity?

I'm not saying that's what happened here but it definitely happens. I'm not sure we will know until we hear from the women and apparently they're not talking.

This sounds more like a political bust than anything. We'll have to wait and see but I don't think we have all the facts yet.

I'm just going to tell you that I lived there and asked a lot of questions. The resident Chinese engineers I worked with told me how those women are sold into prostitution. They are sex slaves.

There is not a woman in China who is going to start a Brothel and compete with the Triad for business.

The Triad is not going to set up a fast track to citizenship in the US for Chinese prostitutes.

You can defend Kraft and argue it's a setup without minimizing the circumstances these ladies are in.

They won't talk because they are worried about their and their family's lives.

:eek:Let’s not take Kraft’s misdemeanor and turn it into an emotional topic when emotion has nothing to do with it.

Man you’re taking this to places it doesn’t belong. Sex trafficking isn’t part of Kraft’s issue. So please stop trying to link the two

You sound like you wish they could be linked. If someone buys some pot from a serial killer, it doesn’t link the buyer to his crimes
Well the guy he is responding to did suggest that maybe the trafficked sex workers had a better life as an indentured prostitute than they had back home.
Just because it’s in the kraft thread doesnt mean it’s about kraft.

I'm just going to tell you that I lived there and asked a lot of questions. The resident Chinese engineers I worked with told me how those women are sold into prostitution. They are sex slaves.

There is not a woman in China who is going to start a Brothel and compete with the Triad for business.

The Triad is not going to set up a fast track to citizenship in the US for Chinese prostitutes.

You can defend Kraft and argue it's a setup without minimizing the circumstances these ladies are in.

They won't talk because they are worried about their and their family's lives.
Ok Tony I believe you. Thanks.

The 49ers, Steelers, Packers, Bulls, and Edmonton Oilers were very popular nationally during their runs, but you're right, when it comes to the Yankees, Celtics and today's Patriots, they've been hated.

But the Celtics and Yankees were respected.

On the second point, this needs to be viewed in a long term, historical context. A lot of people in U.S. are not sports fans. Inappropriate derision of the Patriots originated in local Boston media, and spread to the National Football League when the merger took effect.

"...and you better sit on that zoo franchise of yours up in Boston. They better get a real stadium. There'll be no drunken riots in my league."

-
Schramm

"Don't worry Tex, I have that Irish bug right where I want him."

-
Rozelle

Most people around the country saw the Patriots as just another ordinary struggling team, with cool uniforms. It's the propaganda that got them all stirred up, especially in '81 (2-14) and '82 (snow plow).

By the time we won the AFCCG in Pittsburgh in '02, they were accusing us of cheating that very day. In Tom's second year.

So you truly think there never would have been a single question of the Patriots cheating had we never changed logos? Do you really think that?

In your fantasy, you link trafficking to Kraft.

Strange how you do that.

The guy that gets caught with an underage girl does not get to use the excuse that she told him that she was 18.

Ignorance dont work.

I d0n't know if it's been said yet, but I find it ironic that Kraft wouldn't let BB draft a player this year that was arrested for what he did.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

EVERYONE HERE WHO HAS EVER BEEN TO A STRIP CLUB NEEDS TO GO TO THEIR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMEMT AND TURN THEMSELF IN FOR SEX TRAFFICKING. PLEAS OF INNOCENCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED OR ACCEPTED.

Interesting article explains why a billionaire would go to a massage parlor for sex

"Its convenient and its like the fast food of sex" "In and out quick"

Hollywood Madam: Want to stop human trafficking? Legalize consensual sex for money.

Loosening the laws on weed will result in more young kids getting involved in harder drugs, not because weed leads to it but because it's a lifestyle and harder illegal drugs are always available around it. Loosening the laws on prostitution would drive younger people into it because they could legally make more money than at entry level jobs. Both of those ill-advised moves by moron politicians will/would mean more ruined lives. IMO.

So you truly think there never would have been a single question of the Patriots cheating had we never changed logos? Do you really think that?

This is APF. Poster boy for the post hoc ergo proptor hoc logical fallacy. Of Course he thinks that.

Loosening the laws on weed will result in more young kids getting involved in harder drugs, not because weed leads to it but because it's a lifestyle and harder illegal drugs are always available around it. Loosening the laws on prostitution would drive younger people into it because they could legally make more money than at entry level jobs. Both of those ill-advised moves by moron politicians will/would mean more ruined lives. IMO.
Agreed. People point to enforcement failing as reason to legalize, in both of these and other environments, without actually making the argument that legalization is a better alternative. They begin with the assumption that legalization is superior to flawed enforcement policies and beg the question throughout their arguments. It's a logical catastrophe from beginning to end, but when has that ever stopped people from lobbying for the right to enjoy their sin of choice without (legal) consequences?

My comment was in response to an individual who is trying to make that argument that for many, being sex trafficked is a better alternative to their home life in China.

As for Kraft, I have steadfastly maintained that what he did wasn't a big deal - but I take issue with those making the argument that he didn't do it or that the investigation has been botched in some way. Looks all pretty clean cut to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes