PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was caught in sex trafficking? Is there more news I missed...? Far as I know, he solicited and we have no way of knowing he knew any more than that. You can argue he should have but, how do we know he actually knew?

I'll always appreciate what Kraft did for the Patriots.

But his judgment has gotten to the point where I believe he should step aside for the good of the organization.

1. Showed poor judgment in not supporting Brady the way he should have during the Deflategate fiasco.
2. Shows poor judgment in supporting the lying con man in the Oval Office.
3. Shows poor judgment in this spa case.

3 strikes you're out Robert. Enjoy your retirement.

But his judgment has gotten to the point where I believe he should step aside for the good of the organization.

1. Showed poor judgment in not supporting Brady the way he should have during the Deflategate fiasco.

With respect to #2, regardless of my political opinion, there’s no way that is any way disqualifying to be the owner of the Patriots.

Can we pump the brakes on ...

1) new threads
2) calling for his head until this thing plays out

It's too early for Kraft to do anything but if the investigation progresses the way it might I agree to an extent. Let's not forget that he essentially forced Brady to accept a suspension because of he decided that the NFL badge is ultimately more important than the team, regardless of whether Brady did what he was accused of.

He will need to do the right thing and step down if this gets out of hand.

I disagree. Economic duress is still duress.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. If you were born poor in a 3rd world country where prostitution isn't really considered a big deal and you chose to do it rather than work in a factory. No, I don't consider it duress.

If you were plucked from an orphanage by MS13 goons and were subjected to beatings if you didn't do what they want, that's duress.

It's situational.

Agree with 1 and 3.

It is time ... pass the baton to Jonathan and step out of the limelight. Robert Kraft you have made a big mistake and got caught in a bigger crime of human trafficking, bigger than the misdemeanor of solicitation. You will be fined and suspended by the league. Make your Mea Kulpa's and do the right thing and step down. You are the lightning rod for all the hate against the Patriots. You are 77 and you will still own the Patriots, but for the good of the Franchise you need to step down. Enjoy your life and the billions you have accumulated. Head up the Charitable foundation and enjoy the philanthropy you are known for.

No.

Without his leadership and deep pockets Josh is in Indy, Tom and Bill are ready to kill each other and we don't win #6. I believe that.

What he did was indiscreet, illegal, gross and lacking good judgement. He made a mistake.

Bob will be punished and hopefully learn his lesson. If not then your position should be revisited.

I'm on to #7.

The virtue signalling on this board has gotten out of hand. You people are out of your ****ing minds if you think the owner of a team should step aside because of a couple of misdemeanor charges.

It's too early for Kraft to do anything but if the investigation progresses the way it might I agree to an extent. Let's not forget that he essentially forced Brady to accept a suspension because of he decided that the NFL badge is ultimately more important than the team, regardless of whether Brady did what he was accused of.

He will need to do the right thing and step down if this gets out of hand.
It wont, the worst is over and according to Harry Manion theres a 98% chance he gets off without a conviction.

I find it comical that some people are still believing the idea that he solicited anything but a massage.. Supposedly he "negotiated" for prices where the total transaction was $59 -$79. That's the price for half hour to 45 minute massage in most places.. Yet, we're supposed to believe that the prices were to include a happy ending as well???

I don't want to speak for Joker but I don't think he'd say he thinks he's important because of his standing around here.

But as poor Simpleton has found out, the board is a more fun place when you're not on his bad side. And you don't want to have to put him on ignore because you miss a lot of good content that way.

I remember when I first joined, after (and because of) DeflateGate, there was a video of a guy screaming obscenities at Goodell as he was walking out of the courthouse, and everyone on here was saying it was Joker. I eventually learned (I think) that wasn't the case, but it was a good way to get a first impression.

I haven't been on this board too often but I used to be here a long time ago, and I was on ESPN's Patriots board way back in 2000 until they closed them down. The insults that flew around on that board were insane so there's nothing anyone can say that I haven't heard before. Some here mistakenly think you're automatically a newbie Pats fan because of the dates on your posts, or you're a Jester fan if you criticize, but I remember posting on the Pats ESPN board when DaBruinz and mgteich used to be there. I think they'd remember my name on those boards if I posted it, but maybe not.

Now see, I don't see a distinction there. What's the actual diference between a kidnapping hostage and an economic hostage again?

What is the difference between slavery and having to work because you like to eat?

Its actually a pretty enormous enormous difference.

Umm... hard to take you seriously when you can't even keep your Krafts straight. Robert is the one you are trying to throw off the stage. Jonathan is the one 'in the wings'

Freudian slip?
:)
fixed

Jupiter is spring training site for the St Louis Cardinals. Driving by I could see many red shirts in the parking lot checking out the day spa.

This comment should probably be in the legal thread but a layperson like me has a hard time understanding how a crime on another planet could be prosecuted here.

I was joking brother.

It’s funny...I always use sarcasm/snark yet always seem to miss it when it’s right in front of me.

Getting really sick & tired of "Pats fans" bending the fuxkin knee to appease ... Who exactly?

Why are we embarrassed? Ashamed?

Seriously which scumbag billionaire owner or putrid fanbase are we so trying to make happy?

And until theres actual evidence of Kraft knowing about trafficking, some of you are real pos to be throwing that out there.

Fuxkin guy is the best owner in Boston sports history & you want him gone over some bs. Absolutely pathetic you are.

Foxboro is already a bubble for the Krafts when it comes to love and that won't change if Bob decides to serve a self-imposed sabbatical or is hit with a suspension from the league. The rest of the world will keep hating outside the bubble no matter what.

After 89 pages, I’m just gonna throw in my two cents on a couple of topics. Pardon me if this has been a raised before but I have not seen it.
1. My guess is the reason Kraft and all these other billionaires used this place is because of the anonymity it offered. Dress down a bit, put on sunglasses and the staff is entirely made up of Asian women, Many of whom don’t speak English. Very little chance they’re going to recognize Kraft, much less these other rich guys.
2. A lot of people are talking about what’s on the video tape and what the prosecution can or cannot prove. The chances are, the masseuse who actually rendered the services is going to sing like the proverbial canary to the police, along with a lot of other lower level functionaries at that place or in the trafficking ring . There is nothing “circumstantial” about a woman saying, I performed sex with that man for money against my will. I understand it is only a misdemeanor but if this case gets plead out quickly or thrown out, it’s not gonna be because of lack of evidence .

This post has cred because of Seacoast's long time insider perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back