PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft and [JERRUH] Jones get into heated exchange

Honestly I always look to see what my nieces and nephews and kids their age are really into and for a while now it has been the NBA. The NBA has always been a star driven league and it is much easier for them since their stars are not wearing helmets and facemasks. The NBA culture has a trickle down effect from everywhere in the inner-city to suburban kids. The main NBA video game is a vastly superior product to Madden, all the stars have their own sneakers for kids to buy, each team has 33 different variations of jerseys every year that they do a great job marketing to different parts of each fanbase, and it is far safer and cheaper to play basketball. Combine all that with the fact that the NBA has exploded in popularity across the globe I think it is a short time before it overtakes football as king in the US.

**** the NaziBawlAssholes.

I actually like the 3-day draft.

I am in Complete agreement with All of your other points.
It's just too much hype. I can read who they take online. I don't need some talking head spewing bullet points he's reading on the teleprompter.

Krafty Bob best get his full 12 hours of sleep, Jerruh may challenge him to a walker duel in the morning
They'll bring in their female masseuses to act as their proxies in an arm-wrestling match, the one with the strongest wrists wins.

I think the league grows in spite of him. People love football.
So much of what makes the league great is due to the commissioners before him. Strong salary cap, strong revenue sharing, draft order that works to enhance competitive balance all were done before his time. Gotta hand the old school union leadership credit too. A rising tide lifts all boats. Badell is just riding the coat tails of others.

Put another way, could you imagine what the league would look like if a-hole owners like Jerrah could spend as much as they want to spend? They'd suck up all the talent, the competitive balance would be so destroyed that we'd need a "mercy rule" like they have in little league sports. It'd be totally pathetic, but a-holes like Jerrah and Badell would still be shills and say how great the game is, yada yada.

They'll bring in their female masseuses to act as their proxies in an arm-wrestling match, the one with the strongest wrists wins.

So much of what makes the league great is due to the commissioners before him. Strong salary cap, strong revenue sharing, draft order that works to enhance competitive balance all were done before his time. Gotta hand the old school union leadership credit too. A rising tide lifts all boats. Badell is just riding the coat tails of others.

Put another way, could you imagine what the league would look like if a-hole owners like Jerrah could spend as much as they want to spend? They'd suck up all the talent, the competitive balance would be so destroyed that we'd need a "mercy rule" like they have in little league sports. It'd be totally pathetic, but a-holes like Jerrah and Badell would still be shills and say how great the game is, yada yada.
This is absolutely true. If the Commish was any good and thinking about leaving the league in as good shape as he found it, he'd be leading the charge to figure out the way to solve the concussion thing. But he just reacts to whatever the latest emergency is and often not very well.

I dunno. If you look, the same teams make the playoffs year in and year out, for the most part anyway. I think if Jerry could spend like he wanted, he would still eff it up because he doesn't get football. Good football minds win out, good organizations win consistently.

Good football minds win out, good organizations win consistently.
True, but IMO that is enhanced because of all the competitive balance stuff in the NFL.

For instance, we've had a small market team like GB put up strong results year after year, and the two NY teams are just coming out of a drought in one of the largest markets there is. What if there was true free agency in the NFL (i.e. no franchise tag and a weak salary cap), and Aaron Rodgers was actually able to auction off his services? Wouldn't GB realize they could never afford to pay him what a big market team could pay and have to trade him away at his peak?

Yet GB gets a check for $150M before the first snap of the season so they can pay him, and the franchise tag means GB can threaten to keep him at the average of the top five QB salaries and Rodgers can do nothing about that, so in real world terms he has no choice but sign with GB if he wants a top-of-the-market contract. This is really different than, say, MLB or the EU soccer leagues, where the small market teams act as farm teams for the big market teams, and you can be 99% certain that the small market teams have no chance at winning a championship before the season starts.

Bad organizations can still screw it up, but at least they're starting with a more level playing field. Jeez, we even saw the Bengals in the Super Bowl last season. Who would have thought?

It's just too much hype. I can read who they take online. I don't need some talking head spewing bullet points he's reading on the teleprompter.

I agree that the babbling, especially during Round 1/Day 1, is too much to take when we all know that some of those 1st-rounders will not pan-out with their original teams, in spite of ass-urances from clowns like Mariucci, Irvin, Warner and ass-orted other GMF fanboys & ignorant bimbos... I usually DVR the entire weekend and skip all that nonsense.

I agree that the babbling, especially during Round 1/Day 1, is too much to take when we all know that some of those 1st-rounders will not pan-out with their original teams, in spite of ass-urances from clowns like Mariucci, Irvin, Warner and ass-orted other GMF fanboys & ignorant bimbos... I usually DVR the entire weekend and skip all that nonsense.
It just makes one shake their head when they think of how much time, energy and bandwidth has been given to the likes of Justin Fields, Mich Trubisky, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, yada yada. All top-10 picks, never mind just first rounders.

Jones wants Goodell gone while Kraft sticking up for his bestie/wedding guest Gooddel

Yikes for sure! Everyone who bought into the Deflategate conspiracy, self included, is completely humbled….

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back