PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft and [JERRUH] Jones get into heated exchange

Roger would be the NFL Commissioner for $100k a year because the guy has no marketable skills that could see him earn more than that ANYWHERE.

Never forget Roger has a liberal arts communications degree. The guy is so below average in every respect it's enough to make you go crazy. I'm starting to understand they want a moron in the position by design, but it's still maddening.
If it weren't for his dad, he'd be pumping gas somewhere.

I never understood why Jones got in the HOF before Bob. Bob has ALWAYS put the interests of the league first (MUCH to our dismay on 2 occasions), while Jones has always put the interests of himself and the Cowboy first.

As much as we all HATE, HATE. HATE Roger Goodell, and for good reason and not just for how he's treated the Brady and the Pats, he has been a money maker for how he's been able to grow the league and make the owners $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, AND grow the values of all their franchises.

I don't know if its because he has skills, or whether it's a happy accident of being at the right place at the right time. BTW-the OTHER 2 major things he should be fired IMHO. Is the handling of the DWatson fiasco and the Snyder debacle. 2 scumbags who have no business being a part of this league.
Jones got in earlier because he had his dynasty a decade earlier and he was making the NFL money hand over fist with his negotiations on tv rights. Kraft would have probably been getting in around now, but the massage thing is still on everyones minds and they need people to forget about that a bit

Last edited:
The bigger story is Irsay actually saying, point blank, that Snyder should sell the team. Reminder: this was a man who got pulled over with a small pharmacy in his car and a stack of cash back in 2014. What a twat he is.

Regarding Kraft/Jones/Goodell? I wish I could say that I’m surprised that Kraft is happy with Goodell.

I never understood why Jones got in the HOF before Bob. Bob has ALWAYS put the interests of the league first (MUCH to our dismay on 2 occasions), while Jones has always put the interests of himself and the Cowboy first.

As much as we all HATE, HATE. HATE Roger Goodell, and for good reason and not just for how he's treated the Brady and the Pats, he has been a money maker for how he's been able to grow the league and make the owners $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, AND grow the values of all their franchises.

I don't know if its because he has skills, or whether it's a happy accident of being at the right place at the right time. BTW-the OTHER 2 major things he should be fired IMHO. Is the handling of the DWatson fiasco and the Snyder debacle. 2 scumbags who have no business being a part of this league.
I think the league grows in spite of him. People love football.

I think the league grows in spite of him. People love football.
This. I always love when Goodell states what the fans want when they actually want the exact opposite. He kept saying fans wanted a 17th game when I don't know a single person who wanted to add a game to the season.

This. I always love when Goodell states what the fans want when they actually want the exact opposite. He kept saying fans wanted a 17th game when I don't know a single person who wanted to add a game to the season.
Don't want 17 games.
Don't want Thursday night football.
Don't want QBs wearing red shirts and flags.
Don't want the defenses at a disadvantage.
Don't want watered down playoffs.
Don't want 3 nights of draft.

I am sure I could add more.

Goodell is only interested in making more money, even if the product quality suffers. There is a distinction between core fans who are interested in football and closely follow their teams through thick and thin and those that pay attention for entertainment purposes. @Steve listed a number of changes that are not important to the core fans. Since core fans are a guaranteed source of revenue, the policy changes are intended to get more $$ from the entertainment fans.

One more for the list
Don't want to maintain multiple subscriptions to watch NFL games.

Goodell is only interested in making more money, even if the product quality suffers. There is a distinction between core fans who are interested in football and closely follow their teams through thick and thin and those that pay attention for entertainment purposes. @Steve listed a number of changes that are not important to the core fans. Since core fans are a guaranteed source of revenue, the policy changes are intended to get more $$ from the entertainment fans.

One more for the list
Don't want to maintain multiple subscriptions to watch NFL games.
Don't want 17 games.

Completely agree and I always think about Marc Cuban's "Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered" comment. Between the watering down of the product and more and more information coming out on head injuries a tipping point with come in the next couple decades but Goodell and the owners likely won't be around to care.

Completely agree and I always think about Marc Cuban's "Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered" comment.
He made that comment 10 years ago and there is zero evidence that it is ever going to come to fruition. The NFL is as popular as ever and is making more money than ever.

For all the criticism in this thread of things the NFL does, we all keep watching. And they know it.

How are people still under the misconception that Goodell does literally anything that the majority of owners don’t want? He’s the PR punching bag, he’s their employee. He isn’t making decisions on the league, that’s not his job.

Kinda weird to me, at least a little, that Kraft is now serving as Goodell's knight in shining armor. But I guess he and Kraft now share the same income bracket and worldview, after years of owners' obscenely overpaying the bloated weirdo. The whole thing smells like expired bologna, or caviar.

I hope Bob and Jerreh don't go the MMA route, as that might force me to contemplate what it might be like to be in Roger's guard, if you get my drift.

Don't want 17 games.

Every single one of those choices, except #3 = more ad space/pricing leverage = more ad revenue.

I'm really wondering what's gonna go on after the Sunday Ticket contract ends. What might seem to be a favorable move all around to move away from its sole-DirecTV access, I'm imagining an already weird split where I have to at least buy Amazon Prime for Thursday night, then AppleWhatever for Sunday, and with how negotiations are going, it seems like Apple wants more rights in how they repackage the deal - with language pointing towards "free reign to offer games globally or in local market" - which I imagine would be used for worse and not better. Right now, you get the whole damn thing through the purchase, you get everything.

I can imagine Apple breaking it down into different streaming packages based on region and it invariably becomes more expensive to have "the whole damn thing."

Source: a guy who doesn't trust corporations to ever do any good, right, or anything against their bottom line.

People who go to the stadium are gonna go whether it's on air or not.

People who usually watch it are not going to be motivated in significant numbers to go to the stadium if it's blacked out.

To conceive that there is a meaningful relationship between the two things seems to me to be archaic thinking, if it EVER made any sense.

Don't want 17 games.

Want? WANT??!!
What does want have to do with it? It isn't about 'want' but need.
You do not seem to understand good sir, the NFL is giving us what we never knew we always needed.

Don't want 17 games.

All 32 Owners (Packers technically have a de facto owner) wanted these things. Goodell would be singing the praises of a 12 game season if the owners decided that was better somehow.

When Goody took over in 2006 the NFL did $6.5B. In 2021 revenues were $11B. Thats a 69% increase.

In 2006 MLB was $5.1B. In 2021 it finished the year at $9.6B. Thats and 88% increase.

NBA was $3.4B in 2006. 2021 was $10B. Thats a 294% increase.

2006 NHL was $2.4B. 2021 was $5.2B, a 216% increase.

If we want to compare how successful Goody was at growing the business for the owners to the other dominant pro sports teams....he finished last.

Jones has a point.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back