PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft acknowledges drafting woes, says approach is changing

i said since 2013. I have never complained about BBs drafting from 2000-2013.

i said from 2014-present BB has arguably been the leagues worst GM at drafting

As for “accomplishments”...well he had Tom Brady. Whose no longer here. First season without him 7-9 with a historically bad offense. Belichick also had himself as a coach, and there is no doubt he is one incredible coach. Maybe the best ever. As a GM? He manages the cap well and for the most part makes solid FA findings, the draft is his weakness especially lately. And his ability to scout WRs and CBs is historically awful.
Tom Brady gets credit for all he has accomplished, and Belichick deserves the same, anyone who credits one while hating on the other is a f*cking moron, period,

when they say the approach is changing, i'm curious what that means. Or what people think it could mean?

it means P.R. approach...Kraft could give 2 shyts what we think about anything. He changed his "approach" in the Dehategate fiasco and shyt on Brady, BB and us.The only approach I care about is the one he DOESN'T make at the Sum Slurp Schlong massage parlor.

What I hope RK means by the approach changing is that the team will hire a true draft guru (if one does not currently exist) and BB will heed his advice during the draft.

What I hope RK means by the approach changing is that the team will hire a true draft guru (if one does not currently exist) and BB will heed his advice during the draft.
well...you believe in God? cuz you got a better chance of seeing Him than any draft guru anytime soon.

What brought Tug Bob Smear Pants out of hiding? He hasn't been seen or heard from since he let Brady walk out the door.
It’s called the owners meetings Sir.

You’d think Kraft’s comments saying they haven’t done well in the draft would turn the lightbulb on for a guy like Harry as he’s one of those draft failures he’s referring to.

But I’m sure Harry is totally oblivious and will just carry on with his life getting ready for his next run on the beach. Nothing motivates that guy.

We were drafting at the end of the first round every single season from 2002 onwards so I don’t buy the BS “oh what do you expect when you are at the end of rounds due to the teams success” excuse for why Bill has sucked at the draft for 7 years.

It's moot because none of those GMs had Brady. I think Licht, Ballard, Veach would have had as much or more success than Bill had they had Brady for 20 years.

Veach traded a first round pick & paid 22 million a year to a mediocre DE. Bill hasn’t managed a move that bad in two decades.

it means P.R. approach...Kraft could give 2 shyts what we think about anything. He changed his "approach" in the Dehategate fiasco and shyt on Brady, BB and us.The only approach I care about is the one he DOESN'T make at the Sum Slurp Schlong massage parlor.

This sums it up perfectly.

Once he saw this as the consensus in idiot media, he immediately pounced on it.

So you're proving my point. The Pats have been abysmal at WR and CB draft picks, it's way lower than these average NFL hit rates for using a higher pick on a CB and WR. Just stay away entirely from CB/WR as the Patriots CB/WR system has been broken since updated in 2004 by McDaniels/Caserio.

For simpletons who have logic breakdowns, I still think Belichick's been the best because he can routinely find diamonds out of UDFA garbage. And there are certain positions we do draft well (OLine, Defense not counting CB). But we should acknowledge where the team has blind spots. I don't even pin it on Belichick. There's no way he can see thousands of college players. He relies on a highlight reel in the war room and what a staff person says. The reason we do well amongst UDFA is Belichick sees with his own eyes who can and can't play in actual ca

You wrote ,"I still think......."

Now that's a funny.

when they say the approach is changing, i'm curious what that means. Or what people think it could mean?

Well here's a hint. See article below. We used to hear how BB overrules staff and ignores them and we saw these 2nd round "reach" picks like Tavon Wilson that scouts had going as UDFA.

Now we're getting reports how BB is more "collaborative" aka listens to them. Never saw something like this before.

This is definitely new. So perhaps there's no demotion for BB the GM or anything near as harsh as he's earned the leniency. But with that said maybe Kraft has tapped him on the shoulder and showed him the stats on his poor picks and ask him to use his staff more and overrule them less often etc.

Frankly I like this gentle nudge. It's a bit of best of both worlds. He's still GM but maybe less authoritarian.

Well here's a hint. See article below. We used to hear how BB overrules staff and ignores them and we saw these 2nd round "reach" picks like Tavon Wilson that scouts had going as UDFA.

Now we're getting reports how BB is more "collaborative" aka listens to them. Never saw something like this before.

This is definitely new. So perhaps there's no demotion for BB the GM or anything near as harsh as he's earned the leniency. But with that said maybe Kraft has tapped him on the shoulder and showed him the stats on his poor picks and ask him to use his staff more and overrule them less often etc.

Frankly I like this gentle nudge. It's a bit of best of both worlds. He's still GM but maybe less authoritarian.

From all reports from current and former staff members, BB has always wanted people to challenge him and try to point out where they think he's wrong. That doesn't mean he always listens, but it wouldn't surprise me if the decision to collaborate more is as much his idea as it is Kraft's, if he started to see himself getting too set in his ways. You could be right though, could be a nudge from above, but I doubt he needed too much prodding.

He's done a lot of speaking in the past without owner's meetings Sir.
Oh, yeah. Of course. I wasn’t trying to argue that he hasn’t been staying out of the spot light. I was just answering your question as to what brought him out.

Veach traded a first round pick & paid 22 million a year to a mediocre DE. Bill hasn’t managed a move that bad in two decades.
Really? Are we going to play that game? Bill has never come close to drafting a WR anywhere close to Hill.

Tom Brady gets credit for all he has accomplished, and Belichick deserves the same, anyone who credits one while hating on the other is a f*cking moron, period,
Even this f*cking moron agrees with you!

Attachments

• 12509420_10205607334438208_6787688103764385212_n.jpg
    12509420_10205607334438208_6787688103764385212_n.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case