PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft acknowledges drafting woes, says approach is changing

Really? Are we going to play that game? Bill has never come close to drafting a WR anywhere close to Hill.

Seriously, if failure is an indictment.....why do you still post?

If you hate failure, you should be sitting in a corner loathing yourself.

Is this a cry for help? It's not like you are proving anything or anyone wants to hear from you.

Seriously, if failure is an indictment.....why do you still post?

If you hate failure, you should be sitting in a corner loathing yourself.

Is this a cry for help? It's not like you are proving anything or anyone wants to hear from you.
LOL. That is rich coming from you.

Really? Are we going to play that game? Bill has never come close to drafting a WR anywhere close to Hill.

What game? That was a horrible move. Also, Hill fell to round 5 because, you know, he’s a piece of ****. Veach wasn’t the GM regardless.

You can criticize BB the GM but saying those would have had equal or more success here is dubious.

You can criticize BB the GM but saying those would have had equal or more success here is dubious.
It's conjecture for sure but after watching Brady win in year one with Arians and Licht with no off-season at age 43, I think it is absolutely fair to say other GMs could have had Bill's success with Brady and perhaps surpassed it because Brady did not ask for the moon on his contracts which directly helped Bill put a better roster around him year after year.

It's conjecture for sure but after watching Brady win in year one with Arians and Licht with no off-season at age 43, I think it is absolutely fair to say other GMs could have had Bill's success with Brady and perhaps surpassed it because Brady did not ask for the moon on his contracts which directly helped Bill put a better roster around him year after year.
The most interesting thing I noticed was how easy this postseason/Super Bowl victory was for Tom without Bill/Pats. The only resistance came against the Packers in a late comeback. But every Super Bowl appearance during his time with the Pats was a f***ing struggle.

It's amazing what having talent on both sides of the ball can do with a GOAT QB. Would've made Bill's job a lot easier and made him virtually unbeatable.

The most interesting thing I noticed was how easy this postseason/Super Bowl victory was for Tom without Bill/Pats. The only resistance came against the Packers in a late comeback. But every Super Bowl appearance during his time with the Pats was a f***ing struggle.

It's amazing what having talent on both sides of the ball can do with a GOAT QB. Would've made Bill's job a lot easier and made him virtually unbeatable.
Saints WFT and Green Bay games were all close. Only the superbowl was a cakewalk.

Me too. He was on the road the whole time too until the SB and it was so easy for him. He was up 18 in the third quarter vs the Packers. It was pretty amazing and of course the SB was just a drubbing. He could have put up 40+ easy if they tried to score in the fourth instead of just run the clock out being up 22.

Saints WFT and Green Bay games were all close. Only the superbowl was a cakewalk.
Brady heroics weren't required in the NFC and were in control of all the games. Defense didn't blow leads. And where on the road.

Brady heroics weren't required in the NFC and were in control of all the games. Defense didn't blow leads. And where on the road.
The other thing is Licht just brought back ALL 22 starters. First time that has ever happened in the FA/cap era. And they have not mortgaged the future to do so. Bill never came close to doing that. Most years we let key FAs walk without even offering a deal.

True. Flip side of that coin is the 3 picks in the GB game. Honestly that could have turned it and was saved by their D. Don't get me wrong its an amazing run but its not the Brady led cakewalk you're painting it to be. i think as an organisation including HC, GM and team they did a great job. Tom being a very big part of it of course.

The other thing is Licht just brought back ALL 22 starters. First time that has ever happened in the FA/cap era. And they have not mortgaged the future to do so. Bill never came close to doing that. Most years we let key FAs walk without even offering a deal.
Had Bill brought back Law, Givens and Branch at the very worst, 10 year drought never happens.

True. Flip side of that coin is the 3 picks in the GB game. Honestly that could have turned it and was saved by their D. Don't get me wrong its an amazing run but its not the Brady led cakewalk you're painting it to be. i think as an organisation including HC, GM and team they did a great job. Tom being a very big part of it of course.
Yeah I definitely didn't like those 3 picks by Brady.

Somebody else is buying the groceries and BB is cooking the meal.

NE vs GB in the SuperBowl where NE loses, BB quits and doesnt fly back with the team. Krafts finds out from team hotel phone records that BB was busy lining up his next job with the JETS.

True. Flip side of that coin is the 3 picks in the GB game. Honestly that could have turned it and was saved by their D.
People keep trying to use this line of reasoning, but it defies the reality of how football works. And it ignores how the game actually played out.

There’s too much arm punting in the Arians offense. That’s fine on 3rd and 14 I don’t care but oftentimes it’s on 2nd and 2.

People keep trying to use this line of reasoning, but it defies the reality of how football works. And it ignores how the game actually played out.
perhaps you can elaborate rather than resort to the snarky response.

It took years of losing and large amounts of salary cap space to build the team the Bucs have.
But you have to give the Bucs credit for actually hitting on their high picks. Most teams blow those early picks.

There’s too much arm punting in the Arians offense. That’s fine on 3rd and 14 I don’t care but oftentimes it’s on 2nd and 2.
They cut that out during the second half of the season.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back