PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kony Ealy - bold prediction, won't make roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm of the mindset if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck...it isn't all of a sudden going to bark....

I hope Ealy does "get it" and becomes a nice contributor to the Patriot's Defense...but if he doesn't...I won't be surprised.....

Whats the chances now for Mychal Kendricks? Maybe only if Ealy doesn't make it? I expect Ealy to step up. He could find a niche on this team.

Especially since Kendricks came out on Friday and said that he asked to be traded this past off season and Eagles refused.
Why is Mychal Kendricks still with the Eagles?

Question is whether Howie R. and the Eagles will ask too much....... They might set it up like the Eric Rowe trade where it depends on his playing time for the conditional pick as to how high it is....

No sure why people thinks kendricks could help us, but even more not sure how people think he can replace players 25-35 lbs heavier at a position hr doesn't play.

OTOH, maybe adding Kendricks frees up McClellin/HT for more DE work?

With this Nink retirement I would make a call to KC about Tamba Hali.
After his comments about Kraft and Hernandez recently, he's probably burned that bridge

Especially since Kendricks came out on Friday and said that he asked to be traded this past off season and Eagles refused.
Why is Mychal Kendricks still with the Eagles?

Question is whether Howie R. and the Eagles will ask too much....... They might set it up like the Eric Rowe trade where it depends on his playing time for the conditional pick as to how high it is....
I follow the Eagles n the sense I get is that Kendricks is not a Schwartz guy. He is a football player though!

I've been worried about our pass rush every since it was clear Sheard and Long weren't returning. Ninko's retiring hasn't helped either. Granted none of these guys would be considered top rushers, but the Team has to replace close to 20 sacks from those 3 players and I'm not sure where they are coming from.

While some thought Ealy would be THE answer, I thought that at best he'd be an equal replacement for Sheard. You know, 6-8 sacks and a decent amount of pressures/hits, as solid run defense playing 55-60% of the snaps. There was also a hope (and their still is) that better coaching and the Patriot Way would elevate his game to something better.

But the fact is that we were already unproven at the edge rushing position, and Ninko's retirement didn't help that at all. I definitely see someone else being brought in. Someone mentioned Kendricks, others Freeny. I do not see Hightower, Van Noy, or McClellan being anything more that situational rushers. So who else is out there that is a reasonable possibility to add some more rush from the edge.

Looked it up. Hali defended paterno and used Kraft drafting Hernandez as an example of enabling a murderer. In light of this I change my stance. Do not want. Laughable to compare Kraft who rid himself of Hernandez once he was in cuffs to paterno who continued to see his buddy Sandusky around campus years after knowing of the allegations.

I've been worried about our pass rush every since it was clear Sheard and Long weren't returning. Ninko's retiring hasn't helped either. Granted none of these guys would be considered top rushers, but the Team has to replace close to 20 sacks from those 3 players and I'm not sure where they are coming from.

While some thought Ealy would be THE answer, I thought that at best he'd be an equal replacement for Sheard. You know, 6-8 sacks and a decent amount of pressures/hits, as solid run defense playing 55-60% of the snaps. There was also a hope (and their still is) that better coaching and the Patriot Way would elevate his game to something better.

But the fact is that we were already unproven at the edge rushing position, and Ninko's retirement didn't help that at all. I definitely see someone else being brought in. Someone mentioned Kendricks, others Freeny. I do not see Hightower, Van Noy, or McClellan being anything more that situational rushers. So who else is out there that is a reasonable possibility to add some more rush from the edge.

In the last few years the Patriots have traded minor draft picks for players on the last year of their contract, usually mid-season, and sometimes received compensatory draft picks when those players leave. I didn't do a gigantic amount of research, but I found this list of defensive ends on the last year of their contract. Could any of these be options to trade minor draft picks for?

http://fftoolbox.scout.com/football/2017/contract_year_players.cfm?player_pos=DE

Perhaps we should have drafted an edge rusher with our first draft pick.

It appears that #52, er #51, er #45 is already freeing up some of High snaps for Ninko like duties.

Van Noy (53) did that some last season, but coverage was an issue, at least in the beginning.

I think Harris Roberts and van noy do that.

Harris is pretty good in coverage. Roberts and Van Noy, not so much - at least not last season. And behind those three, it's not yet clear what they have.

I'm not even close to suggesting that the Pats need to rush right out a trade for Kendricks, just that he might be an option to consider later, depending on how some of the other guys work out through Camp and pre-season.

Harris is pretty good in coverage. Roberts and Van Noy, not so much - at least not last season. And behind those three, it's not yet clear what they have.

I'm not even close to suggesting that the Pats need to rush right out a trade for Kendricks, just that he might be an option to consider later, depending on how some of the other guys work out through Camp and pre-season.
Opposing teams HOPE Harris Goes out in coverage.

Except for Dwight Freeney, the only other free agent available who might be able to help appears to be Jason Jones, most recently of Miami:

Jason Jones - Unsigned Free Agent - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

It's about time that Bill raided the doofins again anyway, especially after the results of his raids against the J-E-T-E and the Billiards appear to have been so successful.

With a less than prolific pass rush, the final scores will be 51-21 instead of 51-14.

And when the 4th quarter begins, your only worries will be:
1) if Jimmy G can toss a couple of mop up TDs
2) how to spell "juggernaut"
3) where the DUI checkpoints are on the way home

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe