PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Khalil Mack traded to Chicago

It will only get worse as the season goes on. People on this board are still in denial that Jimmy G is good. Even if he has success this season, people will now say, “we’ll its only one season”.

And the 49ers just admitted they were prepared to trade more to the Patriots. But because the Patriots only said “second round pick” the 9ers accepted.

When did 49ers admit they would trade more for JG? What kind of team would admit such thing?

The thing that makes people sour on the JG trade is the reports that Bill never shopped him. He called John Lynch in S.F. and made the deal. We may have been able to get more from a team like the Browns or Cards if Bill had shopped him around.
I would not believe BB did that so he could get less in the trade. If he did, there must be some reason behind it. Browns offering a 1st rd is just nonsense.

Don’t they have Danny trevathan as well? Very underrated LB. Leonard Floyd. They’re very deep at that position. Wish we had that kind of depth at LB.
What a mistake to let Akiem Hicks go!

I would not believe BB did that so he could get less in the trade. If he did, there must be some reason behind it. Browns offering a 1st rd is just nonsense.

It was reported that Bill called the 49ers and the deal was done in 10 minutes. He had a better offer from the Browns at the draft but didn’t call them and shop JG when they traded him. Just Google it. Supposedly he wanted to put JG in a “good situation”.

He didn't set anything on fire last season going 7:5 TD/INT. And now teams will have an entire offseason and tape to prepare for him. This season will be pretty telling if he is a good QB or not.

They did trade more to the Patriots. They ate 10m of Hoyers salary and released him so the Pats could sign him at essentially no cost. Without that there is no JG trade.

Not sure why so many are stuck on this.

1)Last year, last week is history.
2)KS playbook is about the size of the Bible. They opened up about 15% of it last year & added new players that no one has "tape" on in that offense. After this year teams can go through tape.

So far in real action & preseason he's looked vg.
He'll have his ups & downs but Jimmy is w/out a doubt a franchise QB. He has looked nothing but vg so far & again that entire team improved from top to bottom.

So far he's the real deal.

And all I need to know is the opinions on this board tbh. His pick was roasted up & down, almost everyone hated it, while the majority loved the Easley pick.

#2QB for me.

So far who has been right?

It was reported that Bill called the 49ers and the deal was done in 10 minutes. He had a better offer from the Browns at the draft but didn’t call them and shop JG when they traded him. Just Google it. Supposedly he wanted to put JG in a “good situation”.
Browns was "rumored" to offer 1st and it was never proven. If BB did not want to ruin a good young player's career by trading him to the Fking Browns, I can see why.

That makes sense. BUT, spending lotsa money on an alpha defender has almost never proven to work. I suppose Reggie White was an exception, but many of the other examples (see Haynesworth, Watt) don’t amount to much.
In my mind the last big bust was Suh signing in MIA. He did nothing memorable in his time there, IMHO.

It was reported.............
Everything after that is unreliable

2)KS playbook is about the size of the Bible. They opened up about 15% of it last year & added new players that no one has "tape" on in that offense. After this year teams can go through tape.

He'll have his ups & downs but Jimmy is w/out a doubt a franchise QB. He has looked nothing but vg so far & again that entire team improved from top to bottom.

And all I need to know is the opinions on this board tbh. His pick was roasted up & down, almost everyone hated it, while the majority loved the Easley pick.

#2QB for me.

So far he has done nothing to warrent the hype he is getting. Lets talk around Thanksgiving.

#2QB for me.

I think he’s the real deal too. We will see. Still could use some more weapons but i love his poise.

So far he has done nothing to warrent the hype he is getting. Lets talk around Thanksgiving.

Well if he has a good season i hope you owned up to it and say you was wrong.

Some people here are going to go to their grave believing that Belichick did his due diligence in getting the most he could for Jimmy G despite report after report that keep saying that he literally called the 49ers out of the blue the day before the deadline and said you could have him for a 2nd and the deal was done within 10 minutes. And that it only took 10 minutes because Kyle Shanahan literally could not believe what he was hearing and had to call his dad to figure out how Bill must be messing with him.

And that’s pathetic.

I don't believe anything reported. The GM is giving the press a statement a positive statement toward their club or is hedging on the next deal (think Ainge). BB does not give out any information. Thus, the press is using GM statements and assumptions.

In 5 games last year he had a top 10 qb rating and finished 2nd in qbr to Watson. Would you say Watson did enough last year to warrant the hype?

I think he’s the real deal too. We will see. Still could use some more weapons but i love his poise.
His poise is what shows me he’ll be good. He is unphased at pass rushers in his face and still finds the open man. Everybody wants to point to his numbers but ignore he took a team ready to compete with the Browns for the 1st overall pick, to 5 straight wins and beating the crap out of the Jaguars. And that was no meaningless game as the Jags took it very seriously talking s*** all game. Eventually, they started fighting each other. That was a funny game to watch.

But I agree the 9ers are a few pieces away from major contention.

When did 49ers admit they would trade more for JG? What kind of team would admit such thing?
It was on the Colin Cowherd Show.

They were under the impression Bill was going to ask for more than a 2nd rounder but he left it at that.

I love the things they've done for him tbh. Goodwin, PG, Pettis, James, Kittle & JM isn't bad at all.

The funny thing is he's past every test & then some on the field. Do people think he'll just suddenly become a different QB randomly? Good-Great QB'S make it work no matter "how much" tape there is on them lol. Jimmy is absolutely in that 2nd tier of QB'S imo.

Some people here are going to go to their grave believing that Belichick did his due diligence in getting the most he could for Jimmy G despite report after report that keep saying that he literally called the 49ers out of the blue the day before the deadline and said you could have him for a 2nd and the deal was done within 10 minutes. And that it only took 10 minutes because Kyle Shanahan literally could not believe what he was hearing and had to call his dad to figure out how Bill must be messing with him.

And that’s pathetic.

Their cheerleaders though & only taken seriously on a Patriots MB. There's nothing wrong w that at all tbh but let's just call it what it is as opposed to pretending.

SF got him for nothing & have him on a team friendly deal they can scrap w almost no dead money in 2 years. They are the happiest fans in football about to compete for the division & playoffs after being irrelevant for a long time.

It was reported.............
Everything after that is unreliable

Sorry Andy, but Bill is not going to do a press conference telling all the teams he talked to and what the offers were, so I guess all one can do is go off the multiple reports from people with ties to both organizations. I don’t put 100% faith in the media reports, but when Kyle Shanahan himself says Bill surprised them with a call and it took 10 minutes to complete it makes those reports look somewhat legit.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back