PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Khalil Mack traded to Chicago

Or overdraft some DB who will suck
Right because everything the patriots gsve fine for the last 20 years is wrong which is why they haven’t won anything.

Right because everything the patriots gsve fine for the last 20 years is wrong which is why they haven’t won anything.

When will duke dawson see the field? Will he begin the season on the pup list?

This is the type of move a team makes when they are one step away from a championship. Mortgage your future for that last piece.

Does anyone think I am talking about the Bears?
Bears are mortgage the future to hopefully get the last piece for a 6-10 season.

This is the type of move a team makes when they are one step away from a championship. Mortgage your future for that last piece.

Does anyone think I am talking about the Bears?

This was the act of a desperate man and why it's dangerous to keep a dead man walking as your GM. Bears should not have given Pace more time.

This was the act of a desperate man and why it's dangerous to keep a dead man walking as your GM. Bears should not have given Pace more time.
Trading up for trubisky
Giving glennon 16 mill
This ridiculous trade. No 1 or 2 this year. No 1 the next.
Horrible gm.

This is going to hurt the Pats 2019 2nd round pick.

Ehhh! I'm sorry, but I don't see any single defensive player being any real difference in the win-loss column. Maybe a shutdown elite CB, but the only position where one person can really make a difference like that is QB.

The Bears' defense is certainly better with Mack, but we have seen elite All World defensive players go down and really not change the fortunes of their team. Hell, the Raiders' defense was mediocre with Mack last year (20th in points allowed, 26th in 3rd down percentage).

Last edited:
The Pats own the Bears Second rd pick next year from a draft day trade. Ergo Mack on the Bears is probably gong to mean a few more wins, hence a lower pick going to the Pats.

Plus of course, the Pats must now face Mack in week 7

Amazing how much the bears have given up for Trubiski and Mack. This is a very front loaded team. IMO the pick stays middle of the second round.

I like you. You are a good poster here. But, it’s 2018... please retry using another term.

My brother in law has Down syndrome. He's awesome. We're taking him to breakfast this morning for his birthday. Yet his family has no problem with "******ed," and in fact they think it's useful because they have context for what's implied when they use it as a description. Anyway, I'll get back to football, but there's no reason to find offense over every word.

In this case, the trade compensation and required contract just seem too much to justify for a non QB. I don't see the Bears improving enough to overtake either the Packers or Vikings. Mack is a fantastic player, but I think they'll regret this move in a few years.

I think this was a stupid trade for the Bears. I think Mack is an outstanding player, but adding him is not going to be the difference between the Bears being mediocre and being a Super Bowl contender. You don't give up two firsts and pay him top defensive money unless you expect him to do that.

This makes me mad to only get a second for Grap.
Mack needs paid right away and they got 2 1sts and a player.

This makes me mad to only get a second for Grap.
Mack needs paid right away and they got 2 1sts and a player.
Why? Mack is a proven elite player.

As much as we all love Jimmy, he was unproven.

When will duke dawson see the field? Will he begin the season on the pup list?

He can't, he wasn't on the PUP in pre-season. He'll see the field when they want him to, so will Michel. He'll be on the roster.

The player must be someone with a fairly hefty salary so the Bears will be under the cap.

He can't, he wasn't on the PUP in pre-season. He'll see the field when they want him to, so will Michel. He'll be on the roster.

Well we need our draft picks to play. Dawson not being on the field bothers me. It reminds me of Cyrus Jones. I hope this guy won’t be another reach. A guy like Joshua Jackson was there for the taking.

Bears will probably not have a winning record for at last 5 years now.
All in on a questionable QB. Breaking the bank for a guy who never made his defense good.
No draft picks left.
By the time trubusky figures it out, or is replaced there will be a major lack of talent.

Worst gm in the nfl?
I don't get these takes.

This is like saying it's Aaron Donald's fault bc the Rams have a poor run defense.

Mack is a top 20-25 overall player in the league who was playing on a defense that was in flux to say the least.

Oakland & Gruden look like fools imo. Over pay for a coach w winning % under Chuck Pagano, hasn't coached in 10 years & lucked into his SB win.

Mack > Grudens ego.
I don't get these takes.

This is like saying it's Aaron Donald's fault bc the Rams have a poor run defense.

Mack is a top 20-25 overall player in the league who was playing on a defense that was in flux to say the least.

Oakland & Gruden look like fools imo. Over pay for a coach w winning % under Chuck Pagano, hasn't coached in 10 years & lucked into his SB win.

Mack > Grudens ego.

Last edited:

The player must be someone with a fairly hefty salary so the Bears will be under the cap.

He could be on IR depending on the severity of his injury. If he's on the initial roster then IRed, he could also be eventually designated to return.

He could be on IR depending on the severity of his injury. If he's on the initial roster then IRed, he could also be eventually designated to return.

He's been warming up with the team and going with the "hurt" guys to the lower field to practice. I tend to think he'll be on the 53 man, although not active.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back