PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Khalil Mack traded to Chicago

What a mistake to let Akiem Hicks go!

Belichick wanted to keep Hicks, even matched the Bears offer or at least close to it, even made a plea to him personally to re-sign. Hicks went to the Bears because of his mom, who is from there

Some people here are going to go to their grave believing that Belichick did his due diligence in getting the most he could for Jimmy G despite report after report that keep saying that he literally called the 49ers out of the blue the day before the deadline and said you could have him for a 2nd and the deal was done within 10 minutes. And that it only took 10 minutes because Kyle Shanahan literally could not believe what he was hearing and had to call his dad to figure out how Bill must be messing with him.

And that’s pathetic.

I moved on. Keep thinking that we lost poorly on the JG and Brissett trade and keep mourning the lost. Let your tombstone be "Patriots lost in the JG trade and that made all difference."

In 5 games last year he had a top 10 qb rating and finished 2nd in qbr to Watson. Would you say Watson did enough last year to warrant the hype?

Watson has shown even less so far than JG. I dont see how any of this is controversial. We live in an age where everyone needs to be annoited elite or bust immediately instead of giving the league some time to react to what those players are doing.

Give it 10-12 games and we will see.

I love the things they've done for him tbh. Goodwin, PG, Pettis, James, Kittle & JM isn't bad at all.

The funny thing is he's past every test & then some on the field. Do people think he'll just suddenly become a different QB randomly? Good-Great QB'S make it work no matter "how much" tape there is on them lol. Jimmy is absolutely in that 2nd tier of QB'S imo.

Their cheerleaders though & only taken seriously on a Patriots MB. There's nothing wrong w that at all tbh but let's just call it what it is as opposed to pretending.

SF got him for nothing & have him on a team friendly deal they can scrap w almost no dead money in 2 years. They are the happiest fans in football about to compete for the division & playoffs after being irrelevant for a long time.

I think Tom can play a couple of more years. Just wish we made his life a little easier. There’s a couple of QBs i like next year but i don’t know if they will be available when we draft. What do you think about will grier?

Maybe the Bears Packers opener will be semi watchable now, Bears Packers sucks. Wish they’d stop pushing it on us, it’s Bills Pats minus the history of the Bears being good at one point.

Belichick wanted to keep Hicks, even matched the Bears offer or at least close to it, even made a plea to him personally to re-sign. Hicks went to the Bears because of his mom, who is from there
There’s more to it. The Pats didn’t enough and it was too late. I’m trying to find the original article but Hicks was quoted as something like the Pats original offer wasn’t very good. I think they didn’t offer much because they felt Easly could pick up the slack. He was released that same offseason.

Sunday NFL Thoughts: Why Akiem Hicks signed with the Bears and why the Dolphins are just the absolute worst

I don't believe it will be 2 1st rounders. They are way too valuable and Mack does not deserve this much resources.

Then again, some GMs are f***ing dumb.

Better hope that Trubisky kid is for real

I don't believe it will be 2 1st rounders. They are way too valuable and Mack does not deserve this much resources.

Then again, some GMs are f***ing dumb.

Better hope that Trubisky kid is for real

If trubisky is the real deal it won’t matter. Idk the bears cap situation but i am sure they might sign him long term but who knows. They have sick talent at LB.

There’s more to it. The Pats didn’t enough and it was too late. I’m trying to find the original article but Hicks was quoted as something like the Pats original offer wasn’t very good. I think they didn’t offer much because they felt Easly could pick up the slack. He was released that same offseason.

Sunday NFL Thoughts: Why Akiem Hicks signed with the Bears and why the Dolphins are just the absolute worst

Hicks had a relationship with the Bears GM who signed him in NO and he also wanted to play a lot more than he had in NE.

In their usual fashion, the Pats were not going to set the market or bid against themselves.

You remember wrong. Hicks himself said that he did consider returning to the Patriots before ultimately choosing the Bears. The crux was in the end, Hicks wanted more playing time and preferred playing in a 3-4 defense.

Former New England Patriots DT Akiem Hicks: Pats organization is 'something every team in the NFL can emulate'

Don't wanna get for OT than I already am (hmu in my draft thread if u want) but I like him. Accurate, poised & vg against the blitz. Can target & produce on all 3 levels. He needs to do it for another year but there's plenty to work w.

Honestly a lot of the NFL is stuck in the past, stuck in their ways in terms of coaching & philosophy. It's a shame bc there's no shortage of great players. Just coaches who don't know how to use them.

Literally almost every coach in the league has been at OK or some other teams practice picking their programs brains so I'm hoping it changes.

I said this in another thread but just think about this. Not to long ago teams worth billions put Rex Ryan, Jon Fox, Jeff Fisher, the list goes on, in charge. Time for new blood.

Don't wanna get for OT than I already am (hmu in my draft thread if u want) but I like him. Accurate, poised & vg against the blitz. Can target & produce on all 3 levels. He needs to do it for another year but there's plenty to work w.

Honestly a lot of the NFL is stuck in the past, stuck in their ways in terms of coaching & philosophy. It's a shame bc there's no shortage of great players. Just coaches who don't know how to use them.

Literally almost every coach in the league has been at OK or some other teams practice picking their programs brains so I'm hoping it changes.

I said this in another thread but just think about this. Not to long ago teams worth billions put Rex Ryan, Jon Fox, Jeff Fisher, the list goes on, in charge. Time for new blood.

?

Delete.

Sorry Andy, but Bill is not going to do a press conference telling all the teams he talked to and what the offers were, so I guess all one can do is go off the multiple reports from people with ties to both organizations. I don’t put 100% faith in the media reports, but when Kyle Shanahan himself says Bill surprised them with a call and it took 10 minutes to complete it makes those reports look somewhat legit.
So your argument is that Belichick forgot how to make a trade because he didn’t hold a press conference explaining the process?
Where are “multiple reports”?
Garoppolo trades talks probably occurred for more than a year. Discussions between trans happen on a regular basis. Belichick understood the market. Being his last call doesn’t mean it was his first. Why that surprises you is beyond me.
If you really want to believe after 18 years of seeing the man run this organization that he believes the way to trade a player is to ignore 30 teams, wait a year and call one and throw out a blind offer feel free, but I will chuckle at you.

So your argument is that Belichick forgot how to make a trade because he didn’t hold a press conference explaining the process?
Where are “multiple reports”?
Garoppolo trades talks probably occurred for more than a year. Discussions between trans happen on a regular basis. Belichick understood the market. Being his last call doesn’t mean it was his first. Why that surprises you is beyond me.
If you really want to believe after 18 years of seeing the man run this organization that he believes the way to trade a player is to ignore 30 teams, wait a year and call one and throw out a blind offer feel free, but I will chuckle at you.

Looks like comprehension isn’t one of your strengths.

You seem to live on here barking like a Chihuahua at anyone who questions one of Belichick’s moves. I think Belichick is the best of this generation, but he isn’t infallible. He makes mistakes.

Maybe he only called SF because he wanted to put JG in a good spot like some reports said. Who knows.

You want to see multiple reports, go search, there out there. I’m gonna go out and enjoy my day. Maybe you should try it. Getting out might do you some good.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back