PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Khalil Mack traded to Chicago

We ended up with Trey Flowers playing more. I agree hes not Jones but its not a bag of ****.

In NE after Thanksgiving he goes into the tank. Just like the year before that and the year before that. He wears down. AZ plays him off the line so he doesn't have edge responsibility and doesn't get beat up. That works for him there. It didn't work for him here.

If you want to sit there and say he is close to Mack because of his stats I really don't want to debate anymore.

Which is why they traded him and got the cap space in 2016 and beyond
So argument is that we traded him because of cap space? Ok great are you telling me we could not do better than pick #61?

So argument is that we traded him because of cap space? Ok great are you telling me we could not do better than pick #61?

But you could make that argument with every trade ever made. The Raiders gave the Bears a 2nd rounder as part of the trade package. Are you saying they could not have done better?

Another poster who thinks they can do better than BB trading players for picks.

Another poster who thinks they can do better than BB trading players for picks.
You probably think Belichick made the right decision benching Butler in the super bowl...

You cannot have a discussion with someone who is irrational so I am done trying. Have a good night.

You probably think Belichick made the right decision benching Butler in the super bowl...

You cannot have a discussion with someone who is irrational so I am done trying. Have a good night.

Thats a white flag if I ever saw one.

But you could make that argument with every trade ever made. The Raiders gave the Bears a 2nd rounder as part of the trade package. Are you saying they could not have done better?
They received more for Mack than any team has ever received for a defensive player. So no it does not appear there is any precedent to suggest they could have done better.

He did. Butler was awful last year. He does no better than anyone else who played. Even if he didn't violate team rules (which he obviously did), I would have been ok with it.

Thats a white flag if I ever saw one.
Haha no it’s just the reality that you have not provided a single point of substance this entire discussion. You’ve included irrelevant facts about other players/salary cap and shifted the focus from the trade value of Chandler Jones to why we were right not to keep him and what he was worth on a second contract.

If you want to believe us walking away with Cyrus Jones or Joe Thuney and less than one full season of Malcolm Mitchell is a win for us than I do not know what else to say except any logical human being would disagree and accept that we came out on the losing end of that trade.

He did. Butler was awful last year. He does no better than anyone else who played. Even if he didn't violate team rules (which he obviously did), I would have been ok with it.
No Jordan Richards was awful last year. Malcolm Butler was not as good as previous years but he was not awful and seeing as he was probably the only reason we won a super bowl back in 2014 I would say I would give him a go.

Well we got that pick plus a player and yeah it’s hard to get more than that for a guy who showed up naked and stoned at a police station less than 2 months earlier.

Can't wait to bump this sh it.

Oakland now has the oldest roster in the league. The players that are on the team now will NOT see the draft picks that come from this trade.

Oakland isn't winning any time soon & just lost their best player for draft picks they'll never see.

Future HOF player > Draft Picks the current players will never see.

Can't wait to bump this sh it.

Oakland now has the oldest roster in the league. The players that are on the team now will NOT see the draft picks that come from this trade.

Oakland isn't winning any time soon & just lost their best player for draft picks they'll never see.

Future HOF player > Draft Picks the current players will never see.
Why will they never see the picks?

By the way Mack is worth the picks. Mack at 23 mill a year isn’t.

Haha no it’s just the reality that you have not provided a single point of substance this entire discussion. You’ve included irrelevant facts about other players/salary cap and shifted the focus from the trade value of Chandler Jones to why we were right not to keep him and what he was worth on a second contract.

If you want to believe us walking away with Cyrus Jones or Joe Thuney and less than one full season of Malcolm Mitchell is a win for us than I do not know what else to say except any logical human being would disagree and accept that we came out on the losing end of that trade.
Why do you think Chandler Jones was traded? I've read everything you have posted and I believe you really don't know why.

Hint: It wasn't because BB was excited about getting a 2nd round pick for him since he was stoned in a police station.

Keep on bashing my argument though.

They received more for Mack than any team has ever received for a defensive player. So no it does not appear there is any precedent to suggest they could have done better.

Well the reports were saying 2 1st round picks was a starting point for Mack. Oakland added a 2nd and 5th, Chicago added a 3rd and 6th. Obviously that's a gain for Chicago. So yes, Oakland basically accepted less than the starting point of 2 1st round picks, so there is precedent to say they could have gotten more. Does that make me right?

So I'm confused. Is the draft pick compensation the problem or the players? Because if Arizona had given us 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds, what if all those players had already busted?

Why will they never see the picks?

By the way Mack is worth the picks. Mack at 23 mill a year isn’t.
They have the oldest roster in the league. There will be a ton of turnover in the next few years & 1 of the picks isn't until 2020 I believe?
Factor in the time it takes draft picks to make a real impact, 2020 pick & the elderly roster most of this team won't see that impact/production.

It's a win now league & Gruden just told the majority of the team he's taking draft picks over winning now.

Why do you think Chandler Jones was traded? I've read everything you have posted and I believe you really don't know why.

Hint: It wasn't because BB was excited about getting a 2nd round pick for him since he was stoned in a police station.

Keep on bashing my argument though.
In that case I guess we should give Harmon away for next to nothing as well. It is funny though because you had not even thought of that for a reason until @AndyJohnson said it.

They have the oldest roster in the league. There will be a ton of turnover in the next few years & 1 of the picks isn't until 2020 I believe?
Factor in the time it takes draft picks to make a real impact, 2020 pick & the elderly roster most of this team won't see that impact/production.
The team will though.

It's a win now league & Gruden just told the majority of the team he's taking draft picks over winning now.
So you think players are going to give up?

Well the reports were saying 2 1st round picks was a starting point for Mack. Oakland added a 2nd and 5th, Chicago added a 3rd and 6th. Obviously that's a gain for Chicago. So yes, Oakland basically accepted less than the starting point of 2 1st round picks, so there is precedent to say they could have gotten more. Does that make me right?

So I'm confused. Is the draft pick compensation the problem or the players? Because if Arizona had given us 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds, what if all those players had already busted?
Your first paragraph is dumb. They got the best return for a defensive player in the history of the league. I will give you credit for the spin attempt but it does not make any sense. What they ask for is not precedent for anything.

Second paragraph - the return was poor. If all those picks bust than yes it was a bad trade because part of the trade is your believing you can make those assets into something meaningful and if you fail to do so the trade is a failure.

James Harrison disagrees and debunked the rumor that Butler violated any team rules.

He was on Skip and Shannon’s show this week and said Butler should’ve at least been put in a after halftime given how bad they were getting beat in the passing game. He didn’t agree with him getting benched.

He said the reason Butler was benched was because he had heard he wasn’t practicing well. Skip asked James if he saw Butler during the week and he replied he was only paying attention to what he had to do.

It’s refreshing to hear a former player actually have an opinion rather than asking current players who obviously won’t answer the question.

Go look it up on YouTube if you don’t believe me.

Last edited:
Your first paragraph is dumb. They got the best return for a defensive player in the history of the league. I will give you credit for the spin attempt but it does not make any sense. What they ask for is not precedent for anything.

Second paragraph - the return was poor. If all those picks bust than yes it was a bad trade because part of the trade is your believing you can make those assets into something meaningful and if you fail to do so the trade is a failure.

Well if we're talking about precedent, someone posted before how we received the most return on a DE traded in the last 5 years, before Mack obviously. Does that not matter?

And by what you're saying, if all we had gotten in return for Jones was a 7th round pick, but it was already obvious he was going to be one of the best players ever, then it was a great trade. I know that's not what you think.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back