PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kareem the Hunt(er)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing pisses me off more than fake anger cause someone said the N word.

Yes I’m an African American myself
You talking about me? I couldn’t care less if she called him that. I’m just analyzing the situation with the facts that we’ve been given so far. She dropped the N-bomb and put her hands on him. Wrong. He hit her then pulled the ultimate hood rat move of kicking someone in the head while they’re down. Wrong. He’ll answer for it in a court of law. I suspect that she may have to answer for putting her hands on him as well.

The horror of this Hunt assault is that the NFL and the Chiefs have to wait for video evidence to appear publicly before they act. No video, no action in domestic violence and women can be beaten up by players with impunity.

This should tell every fan and everyone that this specific criminal act is only the tip of the iceberg, and if domestic violence can be covered up, it will be. About 40% of paying NFL fans are female...what is the message the NFL sends to them?? And to all women subject to home violence

I broadly agree with your sentiment, but in this specific case I'm not sure I agree. If what Adam Schefter tweeted is true (which is no sure thing, we know firsthand the NFL will lie about this stuff without hesitation) then I'm not sure what else the NFL could reasonably be expected to do. If they followed up with the hotel, the police, and the alleged victim and no one was willing to help clarify what happened, then I don't see any basis for suspending him without additional evidence like this video.

Hunt released by Chiefs

Well, the Chiefs are out of the way now. Looks like the AFC comes down to the Pats and the Steelers.

Wow, good for the Chiefs. That's the right thing to do, but I didn't expect they'd do it.
Here’s their statement. They’re claiming that Hunt was not truthful to them in the process.

I can already see the "sign the beast" posts coming

Here’s their statement. They’re claiming that Hunt was not truthful to them in the process.

That’s a crock of ****. They more than likely saw the video, kept him, and are now bending to public outrage.

That offense is still pretty scary with Ware, I wouldn't write them off on the basis of Hunt being gone.
I don’t think Ware is going to take any teams out of the Nickel or Dime to play them. They still have firepower but they got a lot easier to defend now that you don’t have to account for a top RB and have to worry about when to sub in heavier personnel packages.

That’s a crock of ****. They more than likely saw the video, kept him, and are now bending to public outrage.
All PR. Plus they know they’d be without him for, at the very least, for a very long time.

Eh, everything that happens from when he shoves hi s friend and the girl across the hall and into the wall, through to the kick... that's a pretty damaging sequence. It's not Ray Rice bad but it's pretty damn bad in its own right.
He should not be kicking people but that was not something I will describe as brutal. This is a guy with huge legs and if he actually meant to do damage to her, she would have been hurt.
If he was called a racial slur and I am hearing she spat at him when she first came at him after he was held back, then I can fully understand his reaction. People are confusing him with Hill. Does Kareem has any past issue with DV?
I have also seen a second video her cops were talking with her afterwards and she knew the camera's were there but said she did not know what Kareem was but was just in the hotel because she was lost and wanted to find her way home to Cleveland.

Chill with the good for you **** they allegedly knew in February about this
They knew there was an allegation in which no charges were filed, the police and the hotel were unwilling to work with them, the victim refused to speak with them, and Hunt himself lied about what happened (allegedly). wtf else were they supposed to do, assume he was guilty with no evidence and cut him on the spot?

Assuming that what's being reported is true, I have no problem with how the league or the Chiefs handled this, and I don't understand why anyone would unless they believe a completely unsubstantiated claim (like the ones Moss and Edelman were subjected to) should be enough to end someone's career.

Either way, compare this to the Ravens' response with Rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back